• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tough game vs. Toronto.

Diesel

• Premium Member

This is one of our bad matchup games.

They have guards to match our guards.  Plus, they are very defensive.  Brooklyn had them last night... until the defense settled in.

The keys to us winning will have to start and end with Millsap/Horf efficiency.  Those guys have to get more than 38 points.   Secondly, our guards have to slow down their guards.   If we can get good play from Millsap and Horf offensively >38 points >46% FG%...  and if we can force turnovers... I think we can beat them.

Did DeMarre die?  And who the f$&k is Bruno Cobocclo?

We know the game will be tough-fought.  The Raptors give it to you for 48 minutes.  If they don't they go that much harder in crunch time.  It's like DeRozan and Lowry got pimp mind control over the hoop with some of the mess they get to go.  It's how they've had success against us in the past few years even with our monumental advantage at 4 and 5.  The Hawks just shouldn't lose to a team that starts Scola.  Nothing against dude, just saying.

The team should be very energized if they get help from the Pels, Grizz, Bucks, and Mavs tonight. We can't catch the Cavs but a blowout loss to the Kings and the continuing soap opera would be entertaining.  

I'm still pissed at how poorly we showed versus them in the Finals.  Maybe they had much better chemistry after the trades and an impressive playoff run up to that point but no way they were a 4 game sweep better than the homecourt-advantaged Hawks.  I hadn't seen this video last year and don't think it was posted but it's interesting, and puzzling:

We win if:

1. Teague plays well on offense and can slow down Lowry on defense.  Lowry killed us with 31 points last game, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals

2. Our defense is focused.

3. Al and Millsap are efficient.

4. Play with tempo.

• Premium Member

Horford and Millsap will have to have a big game combine. Plus, I don't think they can score on the Hawks defense with consistently.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We win if:

1. Teague plays well on offense and can slow down Lowry on defense.  Lowry killed us with 31 points last game, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals

2. Our defense is focused.

3. Al and Millsap are efficient.

4. Play with tempo.

Yeah but we blew them out last time only to allow lowry to get it going in the 4th. Hawks know how to beat them they just got too relaxed last time. It won't happen this time around, the game will be a lot more intense. Teague can handle Lowry...Im not worried about it.

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Yeah but we blew them out last time only to allow lowry to get it going in the 4th. Hawks know how to beat them they just got too relaxed last time. It won't happen this time around, the game will be a lot more intense. Teague can handle Lowry...Im not worried about it.

If he feels like it - that's my worry with Teague, which Teague will we get.   Fortunately since the AS break he has been consistent.

• Moderators

This really is a huge game.   We're one game behind Miami now and to me it's embarrassing we're 2.5 behind the Celtics.   We need to go on a big run and pass both of those teams.   Sucks that we won't catch Toronto for #2 but we at least need the 3 seed.     The Clippers win was nice but we have to show we can beat the teams above us in the standings.   It's March!  Time to play our best basketball.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

That's on ferrsure he makes those. If he sends to me then I can get it in the chat pretty quickly. 

Somebody should just make a really low budget one.  It'd be hilarious.