• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do any of our players have the green light to take 50 shots?

HawkItus

And if they do, do any of them have the heart to do it?  Just an observation.   But, if somebody needed to will this team to a win and had to shoot way out of their comfort zone, could they?  Would Bud allow them to do so?

Edited by HawkItus
  • Like 1

I think a couple players have it like Teague, millsap, and korver. Not sure about 50 shots though but as far as green light to take shots I think all 3 players I mentioned won't get yelled at for launching jumpshots. But korver as you know can't really create for himself with the ball in his hands. Teague it all depends on what teague you get...playoff Teague or passive Teague. Millsap is starting to be known for someone who doesn't show up on the big stage though he is a good player.

and actually I take that back....it depends on how the game is going for all these players who gets the green light to fire shots. Also I say add Dennis on the list....he seems to fire away when he's hot.

......huh mind as well add Bazemore to list as well. He seems to chunk it up when he feels open as well.

but all in all we honestly don't have that player to give the green light to every night...what you're referring to would be a star player which we haven't had since nique

Edited by JTB

None of them are good enough to justify it.  Remember, Kobster had 45 pts on 45 shots at one point so it wasn't exactly a good start.  None of our guys would've gotten to that point even. 

On an unrelated note, did anyone catch the Leighborn dig Kobe took in his closing speech?  In talking about what he was most proud of, he said it was the down years because they "didn't run" and stayed around and won "the right way".  Boom.

Yeah, I'm reading into it but that's why y'all pay me.

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

On an unrelated note, did anyone catch the Leighborn dig Kobe took in his closing speech?  In talking about what he was most proud of, he said it was the down years because they "didn't run" and stayed around and won "the right way".  Boom.

I thought it was a clear Dwight dig seeing how LeBron was gushing all over the tribute videos we've been seeing all year.  But knowing Kobe, it was all-encompassing to whoever wants to take offense.  The shoe fits LeBron so I'm with it.  He's turned diva enough to throw some subliminal shot at Kobe through social media and get killed by the real media.

8 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Cf-hW5ZWQAAqT31.jpg

~lw3

That list is amazing.  

I always was a House fan but it's a sad commentary about our team that a 32-year old, 2nd Round, "Imma go on and hang em up" Eddie House can drop more than the usual 30-point threshold of anyone on our team.  

But that's it for Jordan?  Career Finale at 25?  No 2-year deal and a few high-scoring nights in a Kings uni?  This man actually scored 72 over in China.  And his team lost.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HawkItus said:

And if they do, do any of them have the heart to do it?  Just an observation.   But, if somebody needed to will this team to a win and had to shoot way out of their comfort zone, could they?  Would Bud allow them to do so?

Horford if he's hot. I remember Game 3 before he was ejected, he was killing it from the mid range. Korver is the only great shooter on the team. I believe if anybody could be allowed it's him.

Kobe was the first player in NBA history to take 50 shots and our players have only broken the 20-shot barrier 8 times by my count. So probably not. Just taking 50 shots is a challenge in its own right. The fact that old man Kobe was able to take all of those shots and finish as strong as he did was unreal. Especially with the pressure of everyone expecting something amazing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

True Baller Jordan Crawford.  The guy that should probably still be on this team right now, in Hardaway's role.

No he shouldn't.

22 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Oh yes he should. We could use Jamal Crawford as well. Heck, we need anybody that excels at putting the ball in the basket without being spoon fed.

Jamal Crawford I can agree with. Don't try and sell me on Jordan Crawford. Just because they have the same last name :-).

• Moderators
5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

True Baller Jordan Crawford.  The guy that should probably still be on this team right now, in Hardaway's role.

The Hawks talked to Jordan Crawford but when he heard the Bud's motto of "Pass up a good shot for a great shot" he ran away....after the word 'pass'.

On 4/14/2016 at 9:51 AM, kg01 said:

That's how I interpreted too. He's calling out the whole generation of players that want to play  patty cake with their best friends instead of compete. He was specifically refering to the down years and not running from them. 

Edited by ATLien_
F'ed up quote