• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Game radio: Teague, Korver and the 21st to Minnesota for 5th pick ( Bobby Hield)

Hawkmoor

Hmmmmmm. I like this scenario for LOTS of reasons.  

First, you either sign a superstar or you draft one. Durant isnt coming thru that door.

Second. Korver is a bench player now. 

third.  the Hawks werent gonna do anything big with the 21st big.

fourth.  Hawks need a superstar and closer bad.   Hield just might fit that role for them.

fifth. You got Heinrich.  Heinrich can backup Dennis and even start in spots. Use that asset.

Edited by Hawkmoor

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Is this actually a legitimate possibility? I like it if it is. I don't think Hield will be a star but I think after a season he's another JJ Redick.

I doubt it.  No one at that station has any sources.  They're proven that all season long.

Also, no way I want a guy at #5 who's expected to be what Reddick is.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't like this trade as a TWolves fan. We already got a PG in Rubio that is better than Teague.

Ok fine, you twisted our arm.  I guess we'll take KAT instead.

Also, the Teague v Rubio discussion is more debatable than you think.

32 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Is this actually a legitimate possibility? I like it if it is. I don't think Hield will be a star but I think after a season he's another JJ Redick.

This is Rick being Rick. Making shit up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is Rick being Rick. Making shit up.

He's clowned on NBARadio a lot, especially by Isola.  Pretty funny considering how he acts like he's this big NBA guy.

Didn't he also tell us a Dwight-to-ATL trade was imminent?

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I doubt it.  No one at that station has any sources.  They're proven that all season long.

Also, no way I want a guy at #5 who's expected to be what Reddick is.

Ok fine, you twisted our arm.  I guess we'll take KAT instead.

Also, the Teague v Rubio discussion is more debatable than you think.

It is too bad we couldn't combine rosters. KAT, Wiggins and Rubio with Horford and Millsap at the 3. That would be a fun team to watch.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

So Teague, Korver and  #21 for JJ Reddick.   WOW!

That's  just..........stop giving away the Hawks stuff.

We own their top 14 protected pick from the Payne trade. I'm hoping their picks falls to the 7th range and they can keep the pick while getting Teague for it.

Rubio is a career mid 30%  shooting from the field. Not from the 3 point line but his overall shooting percentage. Thibs is also their BudCox I believe so who knows what direction they want to go.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

We own their top 14 protected pick from the Payne trade. I'm hoping their picks falls to the 7th range and they can keep the pick while getting Teague for it.

Rubio is a career mid 30%  shooting from the field. Not from the 3 point line but his overall shooting percentage. Thibs is also their BudCox I believe so who knows what direction they want to go.

Yea.  I'm not a Rubio fan but what do i know.

With Thibs they just need about 6 solid players and he'll play them all 42 minutes.  

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I dont buy comparisons with players. Everybody said Dennis was another Rajon Rondo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So Teague, Korver and  #21 for JJ Reddick.   WOW!

That's  just..........stop giving away the Hawks stuff.

You guys really want me to just start throwing stuff in my office....

I like the idea.  The players involved may or may not be the right ones, but i like the idea of the Hawks moving up in the draft to try and get that go to player, superstar that they need. They have a better chance of doing that and keeping their roster for the most part, intact ( starters),  then to go out and get a big time free agent.  Teague would be the only starter they give up. Korver is a bench player now.

Edited by Hawkmoor

9 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I like the idea.  The players involved may or may not be the right ones, but i like the idea of the Hawks moving up in the draft to try and get that go to player, superstar that they need. They have a better chance of doing that and keeping their roster for the most part, intact ( starters),  then to go out and get a big time free agent.  Teague would be the only starter they give up. Korver is a bench player now.

Thus is the part I can agree with, I have no issues moving up but for what they mentioned is just as bad as Al for Dwight.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Thus is the part I can agree with, I have no issues moving up but for what they mentioned is just as bad as Al for Dwight.

Agreed.  Teague looks like he is gonna be the trade bait now that Dennis had a good playoff run. I have no problem with that because like i said, Heinrich can back him up. I look for teague to be involved in whatever move they make during the off season.