• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Eric Gordon Anyone?

marco102

I've read a few articles suggesting the Hawks my pursue Eric Gordon.   He'll probably be cheap (er) due to his injury history.  He answers one of the Hawks biggest needs, a wing scorer who can create and hit the spot up shot. I think he'd be a great fit off the bench or starting at the 2.  I haven't run the numbers for the  cap. Although, I'm almost 100% positive we can't have Gordon and Baze unless we move Tiago or Teague.  (I hope not Teague).  

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2016/06/06/eric-gordon-atlantas-next-free-agent-steal/

#45 - http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/top-50-free-agents-of-2016-after-durant-barnes-and-whiteside-among-divisive-class/

Thoughts? 

I have no interest in Gordon as a STARTER since he'll miss at least 35% of the games.  That's  just NOT dependable and a wise investment for an average of 53 games (last 4 years)

I'll take him off the bench at the right price.  I don't know how much he'll be asking though.  He made $15 mil this season and played in 45 games.

17 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have no interest in him. The only player with an injury history I'd be willing to gamble on is Danillo from Denver.

DEN isn't going to trade Gallinari.

He's a good shooter but if I had to get an undersized SG I'd get Waiters.

Edited by BigDog90

• Admin
3 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

DEN isn't going to trade Gallinari.

He's a good shooter but if I had to get an undersized SG I'd get Waiters.

Hell NO!  Waiters sucks.  Talk about inconsistent shooter ... you never know what you are going to get from him from night to night ... his shot selection is horrid ... his shot selection puts him in a category of Nick Young / Lou Williams and that is saying something

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have no interest in Gordon as a STARTER since he'll miss at least 35% of the games.  That's  just NOT dependable and a wise investment for an average of 53 games (last 4 years)

I'll take him off the bench at the right price.  I don't know how much he'll be asking though.  He made $15 mil this season and played in 45 games.

He seems like an older version of Beal because of so many games missed though Beal would cost a lot more. The Pelicans shafted themselves really  with paying so much money for him to play so little. His injury situation started out West before he even got to the Pelicans.  

6 hours ago, Dejay said:

I'd be more interested if the league condensed their season into 48 games. That's how many he normally plays every year...

Nah, it's all relative.  On a 48-game schedj, he'd find a way to miss about 23 games.

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I have no interest in him. The only player with an injury history I'd be willing to gamble on is Danillo from Denver.

Bradford Beal?

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

He doesn't stay on the floor and he's small. 

Let's get some big guys preferably at the 3.  6'9 guys who can score and play Defense.

It would be really nice to have a true small forward or two on the roster.  Our 3 and D players were more like 2/2.5 and D players. 

On June 15, 2016 at 10:31 PM, Thomas said:

He doesn't stay on the floor and he's small.  

Gordon reminds me of the guys in school that actually got injured running a potato/shuffle sprint. Very injury prone. He can score but really he is more proof of one of the bigger flaws in the NBA. He gets paid for what he should be doing on the floor but guess what, he's not there on the floor so he doesn't earn that salary. As an equity stock he would be a POS.

On 6/14/2016 at 10:45 AM, capstone21 said:

Hell NO!  Waiters sucks.  Talk about inconsistent shooter ... you never know what you are going to get from him from night to night ... his shot selection is horrid ... his shot selection puts him in a category of Nick Young / Lou Williams and that is saying something

Bud can keep him on a short leash like he does with Scott. Donovan did a good job with him, based on what he did in the playoffs. Young/Williams in their 30s, they won't change, Waiters is still younger.