• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SummerHawks

lethalweapon3

All of the games are on replay it looks like on the WatchESPN app using AppleTV. I imagine maybe using other devices as well? Doesn't seem to be the case using iPhone though.

I take that back. Replays are on the WatchESPN app for iPhone also. Not the standard ESPN app though which only has live games.

1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Hopeful this squad can win the Summer League championship lol.

We could win it, this year

but NBA Summer Leg should be for all young players on the team Hardaway(23),  Mus(24), and even Dennis(22) should be on the team to get Exp. to improve the Hawks.

If it was up to me, I'd send Scott (27) and Baze(26) to just to practice their finishing at the basket!

Edited by iDash

5 hours ago, hazer said:

Patterson is prolly the 3rd PG. I'm really liking Pangos and Cotton though. 

Scratch that: Jarrett Jack!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, iDash said:

We could win it, this year

but NBA Summer Leg should be for all young players on the team Hardaway(23),  Mus(24), and even Dennis(22) should be on the team to get Exp. to improve the Hawks.

If it was up to me, I'd send Scott (27) and Baze(26) to just to practice their finishing at the basket!

Summer league is mainly a showcase for either players outside of the NBA who want to crack the squad or Rookies who need to get their feet wet. Established NBA players, regardless of their age, really shouldn't have any place on the team. Dennis especially would have nothing to gain from playing with a bunch of players that probably won't ever sniff the NBA... Maybe Moose and Hardaway could use the extra work though lol.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

@capstone21,  yes, that's been the case in the past for the most part, but if Patterson is still on the roster and has regained his 3pt shot, and if Jack isn't at least 80-90% back, it will be a legit competition. And all the more so if Cotton were to continue playing this well and end up getting a contract offer.

Regardless, what I like about it is that that last PG slot will be earned by someone. And the Jack signing is about as low-risk-high-reward as it comes.

I think we’re going to find out that Harden is more cancerous than we already know at Houston. There’s a defensive problem though, who’s covering up Kyle Korver on the perimeter if he starts? (Which he shouldn’t, he should still get at least 20-22 mins but he shouldn’t start) It was Al Horford that did and he’s gone.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I think we’re going to find out that Harden is more cancerous than we already know at Houston. There’s a defensive problem though, who’s covering up Kyle Korver on the perimeter if he starts? (Which he shouldn’t, he should still get at least 20-22 mins but he shouldn’t start) It was Al Horford that did and he’s gone.

He'll have to play with the starters because we need his three point shooting threat to spread the floor. People will pack the lane in with Dennis-Thabo-Baze playing in the perimeter. I agree he shouldn't get more than 25 minutes a game next year, but he will probably be used almost exclusively with the first string IMO.

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He'll have to play with the starters because we need his three point shooting threat to spread the floor. People will pack the lane in with Dennis-Thabo-Baze playing in the perimeter. I agree he shouldn't get more than 25 minutes a game next year, but he will probably be used almost exclusively with the first string IMO.

I don't mean Thabo start, but I know already that Bud is going to balk completely at playing the rookies (which I don't like, at all) so I'm wasting time typing this.

Too bad the NBA doesn't have a system where all teams have a D league team and the ability

to have enough players to fill both rosters. 

This could be set up so that, when a player has 2 seasons of D league experience, he is then a

free agent and can sign with any team, providing he has not been moved up to the NBA team.

This would prevent teams from stockpiling players for their own use.