• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

91-92 Hawks were 3rd in the NBA

93-94 Hawks were 5th

97-98 Hawks were 6th

98-99 Hawks were 5th

99-00 Hawks were 3rd

Nothing top 10 since then.

Unreal we haven't had a top 10 rebounding team since 1999-2000 season. I mean what's 16 years to finally figure out you need to rebound to win playoff games where possessions are like gold?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, MrYellow said:

They started losing before Bogut went out, and still their best lineup was with Bogut on the bench.

It's a big line up which has to settle against a small one, not vice versa.

No... Losing Bogut is what lose the series.   They were playing Thompson for 48 minutes once Bogut went out because nobody could keep him off the boards.  Once Bogut went out, they went into Hawks gameplan.  Get Physical and dominate the boards. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, SCOTT said:

Sign and trade Millsap to Houston to save cap space for Baze

NO.

We could probably get Howard for 20 per over the next 3 years with an opt out for next year.   Do that.  Then we can probably make one or two moves and still get Baze. 

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I can't stand the guys game, but eff it, I wouldn't cry much about a one-year rental-to-own, if that's even an option.I can't believe y'all still want this cat after all he's shown (or not shown). 

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure his career record in games started is a losing one.  Sounds like a leader/Max player to me.  He's Melo without the skill. 

Yea I agree. Let's just sign Horford and Baze and GET ABSOLUTELY RAPED BY ANOTHER TEAMS BIG YET AGAIN.  That's what its gonna come down to. Make your choice.

• Like 1

Signing Dwight signals to other free agents that the Hawks are real players.   Why throw money away at Bazemore, a no name,  nobody in the large scale, when they can sign Dwight and use that as a tool to get even better down the road with other free agents.   Forget Baze, they got the rookies they drafted, and would have Sap.  This is before any other player movement:

pg dennis

sg thj, korver, Bembry ( i personally think he can develop a good enough shot to play spot 2 duties)

sf Sap, Bembry, Prince

pf Al

c D12

2 hours ago, RWF said:

Give me Dwight in the starting line-up over Baze any day. 16 mil for the base of Baze's contract? Ha.

Schröder/Korver/Sap or trade/Horford/Dwight > getting swept again by Lebron with the same damn core.

Exactly.  Thats what i JUST posted, :laugh:   Who cares about Bazemore, let him walk and use that money to keep Al and sign D12. Heck, if they really wanna get jiggy, sign J.R. Smith while they at it. Lebron trying to get Wade up in Cleveland, so J.R. just might be willing to move on from the lovefest and join another team.   

Why sign Moose when they couldve used that loot to help get a player like J.R. Smith.  Hawks need game changers.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Signing Dwight signals to other free agents that the Hawks are real players.   Why throw money away at Bazemore, a no name,  nobody in the large scale, when they can sign Dwight and use that as a tool to get even better down the road with other free agents.   Forget Baze, they got the rookies they drafted, and would have Sap.  This is before any other player movement:

pg dennis

sg thj, korver, Bembry ( i personally think he can develop a good enough shot to play spot 2 duties)

sf Sap, Bembry, Prince, Mike Scott

pf Al, Humphries, Muscala

c D12, Splitter, Eddy

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I forgot about Hump.  Thats another Bud thing that perplexes people  Why are they in a hurry to sign Moose, when everybody knows Hump is a difference maker? Imagine having Hump, D12, Sap AND Al to throw at people in the playoffs.  Splitter would be a bonus because he obviously thrives when he is surrounded by other people and isnt the focus.  We all know that when Scott gets minutes, he gets on his game and is a solid backup.

Edited by Hawkmoor

6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

pg dennis

sf Sap, Bembry, Prince

pf Al

c D12

pg dennis, Jack? 

sg THJ, Korver, Bembry 

sf Sap, Thabo, Prince

PF Al, Hump , Muscala

C D12, Splitter,  Edy

• Like 1

• Premium Member

4 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

pg dennis, Jack? 

sg THJ, Korver, Bembry 

sf Sap, Thabo, Prince

PF Al, Hump , Muscala

C D12, Splitter,  Edy

Scott instead of Hump.  We need the offense from Scott more than we need what Hump brings.  Maybe more like this.

pg Dennis, Jack

sg THJ, Korver, Bembry 

sf Sap, Thabo, Prince

PF Al, Sap, Scott, Muscala

C D12, Splitter,  Edy

This is a HUGE and NASTY defensive squad.  We could lock up any team in the league for a full 48 minutes.  Our only challenge will be scoring.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Exactly.  Thats what i JUST posted, :laugh:   Who cares about Bazemore, let him walk and use that money to keep Al and sign D12. Heck, if they really wanna get jiggy, sign J.R. Smith while they at it. Lebron trying to get Wade up in Cleveland, so J.R. just might be willing to move on from the lovefest and join another team.   

Why sign Moose when they couldve used that loot to help get a player like J.R. Smith.  Hawks need game changers.

JR Smith just knocks down the most improbable 3's I have ever seen. Yea the fifty million challenged 3's he hit against the Hawks helped but DAMN!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

pg dennis, Jack? 

sg THJ, Korver, Bembry 

sf Sap, Thabo, Prince

PF Al, Hump , Muscala

C D12, Splitter,  Edy

Jack would be a excellent backup for Dennis. I kept forgetting about Hump.  Too late to let Moose walk.

2 hours ago, DrReality said:

He doesn't have the BBIQ to play for Bud. 

On offense perhaps... but his interior defense, shot blocking, finishing ability, rebounding, etc. is something Bud can't coach.

That free throwing shooting is almost a deal breaker for me. Unless there is some real rumblings he wants here, I'm not going to be too vested.

7 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah, I think the "advanced notice" thing is so Sap could drop a few pounds and work a little more on his perimeter defense in the offseason. Nothing more.

People aren't as excited about having Sap + Horf + Dwight on the court, as we are about possibly having them all 3 on the TEAM. They don't all 3 have to play a lot of minutes together at the same time.

Let me remind you that Millsap is only 6' 6.25" The same exact height as Korver; a 1/4 of an inch taller than Thabo; and a 1/4 of an inch shorter than Prince.

Millsap is just a lot thicker than those guys, and has insanely long arms. If we wanted him to play a lot more on the wing, we would probably ask him to lose a few pounds. But if we only wanted him to step out there for 5-10 minutes a game (which would be the most likely option), he can do that at his current weight just fine.

You still don't get my point, maybe I didn't write it properly.

Having the three on the team would be GREAT, there's nothing bad with that (or better, it depends on Dwight).

BUT, is it really worth having a fantastic 4-5 rotation and a HUGE LIABILITY as a SF?