• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Meeting With Dwight

Misha Owens

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He literally has one solid not good but solid season left. After that, I expect him to be washed outside of 25 MPG. 

I disagree...he will always be valuable to us as long as horford and Sap are paired along with him.

I don't want him without those two ...hopefully bud feels the same way.

Edited by JTB

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

I disagree...he will always be valuable to us as long as horford and Sap are paired along with him.

I don't want him without those two ...hopefully bud feels the same way.

I hope your right. For 24 million, I hope you are hella right. 

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I hope your right. For 24 million, I hope you are hella right. 

I don't think its good to lose horford I really don't! AND I KNOW YOU DONT..... therefore I see this as no choice but to sign Howard maybe to a 3year 24m per deal, get horford back, tell sap he's going to be more of a tweener forward than ever before and make another move to try to resign bazemore which may be damn near impossible following all of that.

Edited by JTB

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I don't think its good to lose horford I really don't! AND I KNOW YOU DONT..... therefore I see this as no choice but to sign Howard maybe to a 3year 24m per deal, get horford back, tell sap he's going to be more of a tweener forward than ever before and make another move to try to resign bazemore which may be damn near impossible following all of that.

We gonna need more than Dwight to get Al back. We need to clear at least 20 more million in cap space. If Dwight can take 20 mil and get 15 in year one. That would give us a lot of flexibility. 

5 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

It's not going to beat Lebron, but I'm guessing the Hawks are going to have to decide between Al/Dwight and rebuilding.

What do you think about signing D. Wade, trading Sap for Gallo and signing Al/D12? 

Dennis

Wade/Kyle/THJr

Gallo/Thabo/Prince

Al

D12

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What do you think about signing D. Wade, trading Sap for Gallo and signing Al/D12? 

Dennis

Wade/Kyle/THJr

Gallo/Thabo/Prince

Al

D12

I don't want to trade Sap unless there is no choice. I can't take Howard over Sap. Howard has nothing on him besides rebounding now.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I don't want to trade Sap unless there is no choice. I can't take Howard over Sap. Howard has nothing on him besides rebounding now.

I can't either. It's adding a SF that's quality is hard

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

If Dwight Howard comes here, at least he doesn't have to worry about the Media. The Media just don't care about Atlanta.

ESPN Headline:

"Atlanta Hawks' Dwight Howard butting heads with.........um........Spud Webb? Who is on the Hawks again?"

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 30/06/2016 at 10:05 PM, RWF said:

And then I would see if we can't steal Brown from the C's or Buddy from NO in a Millsap trade. If not, get the best 3 point shooter you can.

Horford is the better outside shooter of him and Sap. Horford would play well with Howard and Dennis working in the paint.

Man. Stop trying to deal our best player. Dennis-Horf-Dwhine with no Sap is going to be terrible. Trading him for children would harm the Hawks. You trying to tank?

Just now, BrazilianHawk said:

Man. Stop trying to deal our best player. Dennis-Horf-Dwhine with no Sap is going to be terrible. Trading him for children would harm the Hawks. You trying to tank?

I am the Storm brother. The first Storm and the Last. And you're standing in my way of tanking.

I'm slowing getting behind this Dwight thing at the right price and here's my reasoning.

Is Howard a better 5 than Horford? It's arguable with a slight edge to Howard. He is a better shot blocker and rebounder. 

Is Horford a better 4 than Millsap? Again, it's arguable with a slight edge to Horford. PER shows Horford plays better at the 4 and he's never played the 4 with a real center on the floor. 

Is Millsap a better 3 than Thabo/Korver? This is a no brainer. Millsap keeps defenses honest in a way Thabo never could and if I see Korver o'lay on defense one more time with a hard arm whack to a driving player I may start cutting.

Is Korver/Thabo off the bench better than what we had off the bench last year?  Bench production sorely lacked last year....moving Korver to the 6th man role could improve this unit.

Summary: The Hawks are an even better defensive team with Sap/Horford/Howard and the addition of Howard makes Splitter available for a salary dump to help keep Baze and keeping Baze/Korver to the bench lets the Hawks waive Scott. I think its doable.

• Premium Member

The only real question is how much will Howard take in order to form a Superteam?

4 years 84 Million?  Team Option after 3.  Player Option after 1. 

That starts around 20 Million. 

We'd have to clear a little more room for Baze. 

37 minutes ago, devilwentdown2GA said:

Atlanta Hawks and free agent Dwight Howard made a strong connection in meeting today, sources tell . There's traction there.

I guess there won't be an offer until KD signs somewhere?  After the money that's already been spent in FA by other teams, $24 mil starting to not seem like that much.