• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks could Lose Horford?

Diesel

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm surprised to see that. I've been reading for months how Hawks were going to offer him the 5 year max.  I guess the fair move for both sides is offer Al 2 years 50 mil. That way he gets his max money next season and if he wants to get 200 mil like LeBron and Durant, he can get it next summer. I'm amazed he'd want to sign a long term deal not knowing how the team will look next summer, the whole team would be off the books except for Dennis, Hardaway and the rookies.

23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If it's 5 years or the highway I dunno about that. I'd prefer a 3+1 deal.

If he says no, sign and trade him to a place willing to take on that deal for a young guard.

He could get 4 years anywhere. I doubt a sign and trade would be needed at this rate since every team has cap space and you got teams like DET clearing cap space easily.

12 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Let me be clear though, iwant the Hawks to sign Al.  I want a frontcourt of Sap, Al and D12.  Hopefully they can work this out and sign both Al and D12.

You're going to love stretches during the season when Dwight is wearing a suit and we have a quarter of the cap tied to him. :ahf:

1 hour ago, skimaskway23 said:

You're going to love stretches during the season when Dwight is wearing a suit and we have a quarter of the cap tied to him. :ahf:

Who cares if D12 is a bad signing.  You dont sign him just for his play.  Atlanta NEEDS to be a free agent destination. How many games has Splitter played for the Hawks?

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

ESPN has a strong infinity to lie or curve stories for interest. Atlanta has been working with Al on his new deal and they been aggressively doing so via Woj in Mannix radio show on the Vertical. I don't know why ESPN always has to fluff up stories. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

ESPN has a strong infinity to lie or curve stories for interest. Atlanta has been working with Al on his new deal and they been aggressively doing so via Woj in Mannix radio show on the Vertical. I don't know why ESPN always has to fluff up stories. 

Really?  You don't know why they do that?  Let's just say they moved from 'sports news and entertainment' to sports "news" and ENTERTAINMENT!!!! a long time ago.

No one calls them on the crap they make up.  If any of it turns out to be false they blame "sources".

1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

I dont know - I guess those 2 have been talking but looks like Thunder may get Al, makes sense, not to mention all the DH talk, other than Russ who does Thunder have they got 2 stars and an all star, but do they have a complete team. ?

They would have to movie Singler who is trash and Kanter who is an more expensive verison of Greg Monroe in a great situation. It's not happening. 

Doesnt matter the point is its f***ed - all these rules to protect teams and salary cap - if the league is going to be run by the players and due to the nature of the game, you shouldnt be able to dismantle teams that have actually built a team without superstars to leave and go play with those guys - again as always there is not parity, they need to figure this out, there would be nothing weaker than GS getting durant or OKC getting Al, whats the point of all the work to deal with the star issue when this can happen. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Who cares if D12 is a bad signing.  You dont sign him just for his play.  Atlanta NEEDS to be a free agent destination. How many games has Splitter played for the Hawks?

So if Wade wanted to come to Atlanta, we say no because of the possibility that he may sit in a suit most of the season??  Some people.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They would have to movie Singler who is trash and Kanter who is an more expensive verison of Greg Monroe in a great situation. It's not happening. 

Even before BSPN reported I was weary of the Donovan/Horford connection which is a good recruiting tool but it's still a business.  I won't get too worried unless I start seeing OKC make moves to free space.

That said it could still happen.  Any team would take those guys if OKC ends up sweetening the deal with some picks.  Not out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Really?  You don't know why they do that?  Let's just say they moved from 'sports news and entertainment' to sports "news" and ENTERTAINMENT!!!! a long time ago.

No one calls them on the crap they make up.  If any of it turns out to be false they blame "sources".

* multiple sources, they like that "multiple", enhances false credibility.

5 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Even before BSPN reported I was weary of the Donovan/Horford connection which is a good recruiting tool but it's still a business.  I won't get too worried unless I start seeing OKC make moves to free space.

That said it could still happen.  Any team would take those guys if OKC ends up sweetening the deal with some picks.  Not out of the realm of possibility.

According to Zach Lowe OKC has been talking about shedding salary and chasing Al. Does add a bit of drama I guess.