• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE NBA FREE AGENCY THREAD

25 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

)Ouch! Well clearly you don't.  lol.

I'm not arguing if Wade is good or a star in this league, because he is.  I just don't see him as a good investment for the future.

The future is predicated on bringing in talent to this team.  Going young has proven to not be a good path, unless one of those young players is a potential superstar in the making.

If you want to be bad and bottom out to get a player, OK.  Just understand that we will be in the same position as Sacramento or Phoenix, if that star isn't obtained.  It took Minnesota a legit 9 years in order to get a potentially franchise changing player in Towns.  All of those draft picks they've had over the years, and they haven't even cracked 41 wins the past 10 years.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The future is predicated on bringing in talent to this team.  Going young has proven to not be a good path, unless one of those young players is a potential superstar in the making.

If you want to be bad and bottom out to get a player, OK.  Just understand that we will be in the same position as Sacramento or Phoenix, if that star isn't obtained.  It took Minnesota a legit 9 years in order to get a potentially franchise changing player in Towns.  All of those draft picks they've had over the years, and they haven't even cracked 41 wins the past 10 years.

And Philadelphia.

Give me the situation of Minny, NO, even Philly at this point, instead of a very possible line-up of Dennis/Korver/Prince/Millsap/Splitter.

Those 3 teams have something to believe in. We have a year until we either max a 32 year old Millsap or watch him leave too.

Edited by RWF

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I think it would be hilarious if we sign Howard, bring in DWade and still keep Horford. We would have a real chance of winning a ring.

I think DWade is too loyal to Miami but a 2 year 40 Million dollar deal could get it done. 

How would we be able to have Wade on a max, Millsap, Horford on a max, and Dwight close to max on the same team?

I know a Lebron team can do it, but NBA allowing the Hawks to is another story.

Also Parson to Memphis.

I also think we will throw the most money of any team at Howard. We are so desperate to keep an ok team on the floor.

1 hour ago, IheartFerry said:

How do you figure that? 

Teague

Thad Young

Paul George 

And big Al.. 

That squad is a three seed at worst.. Could be a two seed

Meh...