• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics Offered Horford the MAX

wolvetigers

1 hour ago, tonegully said:

C Viv is a complete idiot. Has he broken ANY Hawks news first since he has been here?

Yes. I got this from C-Viv a few hours ago...

'The Hawks and the City of Atlanta agree to build a new arena, to be called the Omni Coliseum...

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

They've had their hopes up over there on the Celtics realgm forum. It's going to be a sizable blow to them if Al stays.

I love their local station, we are now frontrunners. I heard the samething about Dallas with Whiteside till Miami offered the max and it was over. Al wants that 5th year max. I think we all know it even the Hawks. They need to pay him. We need to focus on other things like trying to clear cap space so we can sign some other players or even make a trade. 

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Im 99% sure that Horford would only go to the C's if Durant had already committed. 

Why else on earth would he go there? We can give him a 4 year Max deal too AND were better....by a lot. 

We can give him 5 years. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love their local station, we are now frontrunners. I heard the samething about Dallas with Whiteside till Miami offered the max and it was over. Al wants that 5th year max. I think we all know it even the Hawks. They need to pay him. We need to focus on other things like trying to clear cap space so we can sign some other players or even make a trade. 

Plus, there is going to be more pressure on him to produce in Boston since he is basically the only front court player they would have. Here, his iffy rebounding isn't as big of an issue now and he doesn't have to worry about being in the paint all that much.

I don't think Al wants that pressure of being a go to scorer and he clearly doesn't like playing inside.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

1 minute ago, ATLiott said:

We can give him 5 years. 

"Can", dont seem to want to. 

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Plus, there is going to be more pressure on him to produce in Boston since he is basically the only front court player they would have. Here, his iffy rebounding isn't as big of an issue now and he doesn't have to worry about being in the paint all that much.

Him in Boston essentially recreates the Hawks teams of the past 10 years. Why would he do that? 

1 minute ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Things aren't looking good right now.

But why on earth would Al want that? The media always seems to ignore the "hawks" angle to things. Why on earth would Horford sign somewhere knowing good and well theres an 80% chance Durant doesnt go there. Then what? 

1 minute ago, Afro said:

But why on earth would Al want that? The media always seems to ignore the "hawks" angle to things. Why on earth would Horford sign somewhere knowing good and well theres an 80% chance Durant doesnt go there. Then what? 

Then he gets stuck like Chandler did in Phoenix.

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

This is just to put pressure on Atlanta. Atlanta needs to wake up. Koonin was talking that big game. Time is now, give him that 5th year.