• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tito Horford: "There wasn’t as much motivation for him when he saw all the empty seats when they were winning"

GameTime

Dead to me. And **** every Boston sports team. Most entitled fanbase.

I hope that our fellow Hawks fans will rally together and that our beloved Hawks will go out there and dominate on the court especially when that team from up north is on the same court. 

• Like 3

Just now, hawkrule152 said:

I would love nothing more than to play Boston in the first round next year and have Howard wreck Horf because of this. The city was nothing but great to Al and for that to be said is absurd.

Dude.  If that happens the amount of noise in Phillips is going to be deafening.  Every.  Single.  Possession.

• Like 2

Since we are talking about Alice non-rebounding skills, this guy have more rebounds than him.  Bye Felicia ( Alice)

tumblr_m41qh2SaPj1r00g1wo4_400.gif

15 minutes ago, pimp said:

You guys need to stop commenting about Al's poor rebounding. I'm gonna run out of likes soon.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 1

I'm not saying I'm wishing for an injury but if Horford's shoulder gave out I wouldnt feel the least bit bad. I knew he was timid after that last surgery and people questioned his durability. He wanted to get paid and for that Horford, I hate you more then I ever hated Josh Smiths exit. Good riddance you weenie

24 minutes ago, swanlee said:

ATL fans have been shafted by lousy owners, bad traffic and fly by night players wanting to use us as a stepping stone for 50 years,  stop blaming us for teams that always melt in the spotlight and fold like lawn chairs. ATL teams are just good enough to give us hope and that makes it hurt even more when they always fail when the game is on the line. Al was certainly part of that problem and the fact he folded every time we played the Cavs shows his lack of heart.

Here's the problem with that.   Other teams around the league have had similar, if not worse situations.  And their fans aren't nearly as fickle as Atlanta fans.

The front office knows that Atlanta fans responds to star play ( if not flashy star play ).  That's one reason why they had to get rid of Teague, and couldn't fully commit to Horford.   Dennis plays the type of game that can and will excite the fans, if he can get himself under control.  And from a star standpoint, acquiring Dwight Howard will increase the visibility of the Hawks in Atlanta, and might bring more fans and excitement to the games.

When you go to a home game in Memphis, compared to Atlanta, Memphis has a better atmosphere hands down.  It's not even close.  And they don't have better or more flashy players than we do.  They just appreciate the game better.

That's why I say if it's any way we can acquire a disgruntled Dwyane Wade, you do that in a heartbeat.   Trade whatever bench assets you have, to get the type of star player/personality that the Atlanta fan base will come out to see.

Having said that, Celtics fans don't respond well to bad teams.  They'll support mediocre and playoff level teams.  But when you are bad and not making the playoffs, they won't come out. 

Ask Mike Bibby  . . . .  ( Boston fans comment starts at 3:37 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpjRmxLkLCM

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

Pretty much expected this kind of garbage. I'm sure Tito had his say when he was making a final decision.

The contract numbers weren't a big deal after all. I'm sure Al's feelings were hurt that Bud & Wes made Dwight a priority. Probably had to do with the past two postseasons. We are gonna find more shooters while developing our new and existing talent.

We are going to be better than Boston... Unless they get KD.

I've always been a fan of Dwight. Even in Houston he had a huge presence. He made that team what it even was the past 3 years. He was their defense for the most part!

Sap is versatile. Dwight is a POST PLAYER. That is what 4's and 5's do. Al was shifting down to the perimeter too fast. Almost like he'd rather play the 3.

3....2...1... Cue Boston fans looking for a "true center" to stop LeBron from carving up the paint

• Like 2

Just now, Twinblade said:

Can't fault atlanta for having so much to do while most cities have nothing else to do, cities like Boston for example, what is there to do there besides sports?

Twin,

I been in Boston a few times when I was station in Maine and I can tell you this, outside of the wack clubs there is nothing there to do, nothing at all.

1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

Twin,

I been in Boston a few times when I was station in Maine and I can tell you this, outside of the wack clubs there is nothing there to do, nothing at all.

Which is why you see these type of cities with good fan base support, they have nothing to do there.

• Like 1