• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tito Horford: "There wasn’t as much motivation for him when he saw all the empty seats when they were winning"

GameTime

2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

The problem with the fans is we don't believe in the Hawks... Never have. Even when when won 60 games, we still didn't believe that a team full of good players that played well together, but had no go-to guy ever had a chance at a title. It's easy being a Celtics fan when your team has won umpteen frickin' championships. Easy to root for a team like that even when they're miserable. Ever year it's the same ole underachieving Hawks... Hard to get excited for the same ole shit year after year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah ATL is just desperate for a championship and not just going to be happy because they made it to the playoffs 8+ yrs in a row with no championship.

Al Horford is an elite glue guy.

Elite player? Not a chance. 

We're about to see if my dad's right again in sports, this time in one he's not had a lot of experience in watching (he's had enough though, and he understands the game). I'm not going to say what he's said, but he likely thinks subtracting Horford makes very little difference from what I've heard from him, and Teague makes a big difference (in his opinion).

And he's gotten thing completely right before, although football is what he's an expert in. He said that Gurley was special in his first collegiate game and Ryan is a very overrated pro QB.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

We're about to see if my dad's right again in sports, this time in one he's not had a lot of experience in watching (he's had enough though, and he understands the game). I'm not going to say what he's said, but he likely thinks subtracting Horford makes very little difference from what I've heard from him, and Teague makes a big difference (in his opinion).

And he's gotten thing completely right before, although football is what he's an expert in. He said that Gurley was special in his first collegiate game and Ryan is a very overrated pro QB.

Your dads a smart man and this thread is a classic.

Alfredo's best assets are all intelligence and anticipation skills on both ends.  Very valuable, but I trust in Bud to be a little better all around and offset his loss with his best developmental jobs yet in Bremby, Dwight, and Dennis.  I Kyle comes back in Threezus form to ignite the bench we're gonna be like "who the f&@k is Al?"  We just couldn't continue with his well below-average physicality.  It's so damning and frankly embarrassing in the postseason.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He's elite. He doesn't have elite talent. Hell, Smoove was more talented but Al had elite effect on the game and his personnel. He will be greatly missed. 

Not by me. 

I never had an overly negative opinion of Al until he started playing soft a few years ago. Yeah, I never thought he was a superstar, but I wasn't a big hater before. I thought he was a hard working and loyal player. Then he started to play soft and it became clear that he had been looking out for himself over the last few years.

The Hawks went as far as they could go with Al as one of the two or three best players on the team. It wasn't going to get better. 

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's elite. He doesn't have elite talent. 

That's an impossibility throughout NBA history outside of Tim Duncan.  Who was 7 feet and had a stretch of 20 and 10 as long as Al's career, something Al has and never will do.  

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

That's an impossibility throughout NBA history outside of Tim Duncan.  Who was 7 feet and had a stretch of 20 and 10 as long as Al's career, something Al has and never will do.  

Duncan has elite talent and he's elite. He's top 10 ATG. Horford is not near that level.

• Like 1