• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Durant to the Warriors!

• Premium Member
Just now, noble said:

The NBA has to fix the way FA is. The players have way too much power in creating mega teams and screwing others. If you looked at the t3ams KD narrowed it down to it was all big 3 type teams. So unless you a. Have a superstar already in team and b. You are in a desired city. You have the chance for the players to talk and built a super team. If not, you are just a minor league team supplying the others. It is frustrating to watch.

IT's always been this way.  

3 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

I just pre-ordered NBA 2k17. It was hard as hell beating the Warriors in 2k16 (I only play with the Hawks). How in the hell are you going to beat them this year. They got rid of their worst starter for one of the best players in the league. Now everyone and their mother is going to run with Golden State in online games. It is going to take everything I got to beat them and I don't even know who will be on the Hawks. I may be forced to have Korver in the starting lineup and have him guard Durant. Maybe he can hold him to just 40 points. Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

This was my immediate thought as well when the news broke. I only run with the Hawks as well. I actually won a tournament with them.

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

IT's always been this way.  

Not always. Boston started this with superstars colluding to create a super team. Many players used to have some sense of drive to beat their rivals. Now they just want to join them.

5 minutes ago, MaddinHampton said:

This was my immediate thought as well when the news broke. I only run with the Hawks as well. I actually won a tournament with them.

Edy Tavares is pretty solid on there. I usually put in him in the starting lineup. He can rebound and block like crazy. They will probably fix that this season though. Baze is solid as well. I run point with him sometimes. 2k16 was the first time they did the Hawks justice.

Edited by Wurider05

6 minutes ago, noble said:

The NBA has to fix the way FA is. The players have way too much power in creating mega teams and screwing others. If you looked at the t3ams KD narrowed it down to it was all big 3 type teams. So unless you a. Have a superstar already in team and b. You are in a desired city. You have the chance for the players to talk and built a super team. If not, you are just a minor league team supplying the others. It is frustrating to watch.

No. They league already did that with bird rights and the extra year and extra money. If anything remove the cap, and salary restrictions and allow teams to pay whatever needs to be paid to keep the stars. When players you have never heard of are getting max deals the only leverage superstars have is that they can leave.

Edited by bleachkit

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, noble said:

My capitalist self chokes on this, but in the societal microcosm that is the NBA, I'd vote for improving the salary cap rules in the next CBA to establish some parameters that ensure that there is a middle class on every roster....

How you do that is it's own interesting discussion, but that much is clearly as only ethical as is the assertion that playoff officiating ought be no different than regular season officiating.

• Like 1

There is one 1 ball. Last time anybody had a big 4 was the Lakers. Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone went down to the Pistons in 5. I'll say it right here and right now. WARRIORS WONT WIN NEXT YEAR!!!

1 minute ago, sturt said:

My capitalist self chokes on this, but in the societal microcosm that is the NBA, I'd vote for improving the salary cap rules in the next CBA to establish some parameters that ensure that there is a middle class on every roster....

How you do that is it's own interesting discussion, but that much is clearly as only ethical as is the assertion that playoff officiating ought be no different than regular season officiating.

I agree as a capitalist. But as you said just speaking of the NBA, it has become a market of haves and haves not. Season hasn't even come close to starting and most people can probably predict the finals next season at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

There is one 1 ball. Last time anybody had a big 4 was the Lakers. Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone went down to the Pistons in 5. I'll say it right here and right now. WARRIORS WONT WIN NEXT YEAR!!!

Hope you're right. I hate myself for saying this... But I'm now officially rooting for LeBron in the finals (unless we make the finals, of course...) 

5 minutes ago, CTann said:

Boston fans are having a MELTDOWN on their message board right now. One even said that they (Boston) just "lost a superstar today." Entitled. 

YES! My day is complete..

• Like 3

Just now, DS5 said:

Hope you're right. I hate myself for saying this... But I'm now officially rooting for LeBron in the finals (unless we make the finals, of course...) 

And this is the problem. Most fans are already talking about rooting for LeBron. Not even rooting for their own team.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Only problem with this comparison is that Malone and Payton were old and washed up.. Them guys are in their prime

• Like 2