• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Durant to the Warriors!

2 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

How was it best for him basketball wise? He was a game away from making it to the championship game and made it before with OKC. 

Because now he's with a team that's made the finals twice in the past two years. And he's playing with a team that shares the ball with a much more fluent style than okc. And he has a pg that he probably has a lot more trust in. 

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So how can the NBA stage outcomes? They cannot make guys hit shots or play defense. You theory makes absolutely no sense. Explain how the NBA can entirely dictate the outcome of games. Let me hear it.

If you listened to Donaghy during the finals he predicted every ref assignment days before it was announced. Just look at the game Curry was kicked out of. Watch the fouls he was called on. Or the crotch kicks. One wasn't called, the one to LeBron was a suspension. They way Donaghy explains it before the games the NBA gathers the refs for that game and tells them what they want called more and what they want called less.

• Like 3

As least it's not Boston.

This is why as soon as the Hawks get bumped from the playoffs, I no longer watch.

No parity - the season starts with the 2 teams that will be in the finals locked in.

So I'm left to enjoy my Hawks play amd get as far as they can.

• Premium Member

To be precise... they can't dictate outcomes... they can only tilt the playing floor and hope for the best.... and that the officiating in post season is so markedly different from the rest of the season is what has confirmed it to me that there is some orchestration. You wouldn't need to allow what amounts to roundball rugby if it didn't serve that very purpose of more opportunity to be selective in making calls.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, noble said:

If you listened to Donaghy during the finals he predicted every ref assignment days before it was announced. Just look at the game Curry was kicked out of. Watch the fouls he was called on. Or the crotch kicks. One wasn't called, the one to LeBron was a suspension. They way Donaghy explains it before the games the NBA gathers the refs for that game and tells them what they want called more and what they want called less.

Holly crap!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Cleveland and Golden State are the only two teams that even matter.

Exactly, I am finally 100% on board with the idea that resigning Al Horford would be a mistake. We need to lose a lot of games next year. Tank commanders are needed. 

Edited by NBASupes

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As least it's not Boston.

This is why as soon as the Hawks get bumped from the playoffs, I no longer watch.

No parity - the season starts with the 2 teams that will be in the finals locked in.

So I'm left to enjoy my Hawks play amd get as far as they can.

Hey JayBird remember that thread I posted with the 2017 -2018 Hawks potential roster?  I think it's time to move on to 2017-2018 haha.  In all seriousness, this is foolishness.  The only consolation is Boston did not get KD. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Exactly, I am finally 100% on board with the idea that resigning Al Horford would be a mistake. We need to lose a lot of games next year. Tank commanders are needed. 

For the purpose of what? Maybe waiting to win when LeBron is not in the east but is taking liquid geritol? Rather we win as many as we can whenever we can including this upcoming season myself.

• Like 1

Don't get crazy about this quite yet.  The warriors (with the KD signing) currently have 101,967,679 million in salary. What this means is that in order for them to sign KD outright, they need to clear 7,800,000 in salary.  But wait, there's more. They only have 9 roster slots filled...so add 1.5 million to that in min slot holds for 9.3 million to clear.  But wait, there's more. They also have cap holds on the following players: Harrison Barnes, Marreese Speights, Festus Ezeli, Leandro Barbosa, Jermaine O'Neal, Ian Clark, James McAdoo, Brandon Rush, Ognjen Kuzmic, Anderson Varejao, Damian Jones. Of those, Damian Jones is a draft pick...add the difference back into their salary...They now need to clear a full 10 million and they can't sign any of their holds, if they do, the salary they need to clear goes up.

Now the logical player to clear is Andrew Bogut and his 12.68 million cap figure. However, that would leave Golden State without a true center or true power forward on the roster and no cap space to sign one. Therefore, the next logical waive is Andre Iguodola.

So at bare minimum, the warriors lose Barbosa, Iggy, Banes, Ezeli, Speights, Rush, Varejao in order to sign KD. They'll be playing KD at PF or Green. The team is going to get killed on the boards and in the second unit. 

4 minutes ago, Plastic Man said:

Who would be complaining about this "weak move" by KD if he signed with the Hawks?

We won 73 games and a championship in the last 2 years?

People dislike when top guys go to loaded teams. It's like they can't do something, so they go find a place that can do it without him, just to put his face on the cover of it. If that makes sense.

• Like 1