• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hope Howard is ready cause everyone believes he sucks!

JTB

If he can become the "man" again in Atlanta we can really go somewhere but he has to get back to what he's best at especially since he can still be extremely effective under the goal...

I do hate that he's hated but he brought it on himself. I'm just hoping he does all the right things to put his name back up there with the top stars of the league.

He sucks because he's greatly regressed since losing his athletic ability like Smoove. I really don't think people hate him, it's just when you act like superman and now play like Clark Kent, people will look at you sideways.

We will just have to wait and see.  All Hawk fans are hoping for the best.  He's talking a good

game right now and he says he really likes our coach, Bud, and that he's ready to prove to

the world and the NBA that he's worthy.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He sucks because he's greatly regressed since losing his athletic ability like Smoove. I really don't think people hate him, it's just when you act like superman and now play like Clark Kent, people will look at you sideways.

Well I can definitely agree his athleticism has regressed but he's still extremely efficient under the goal. As long as the team can find a way to give Howard the ball under the goal when he's in deep position I see no reason to believe he sucks unless his effort isn't there.

like I've said before a lot of people are going to be surprised when he drops 18-22 pts a game along with the boards he grab but they shouldn't be....my problem is that I can see him having an all star type year but the Hawks getting the same results come playoff time is what bothers me. That's where I want Howard to prove me wrong personally...can he help us truly get back to the ECF.

we will have to wait and see....it's going to depend heavily on what teams we play. Some I like our chances some I don't.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JTB said:

If he can become the "man" again in Atlanta we can really go somewhere but he has to get back to what he's best at especially since he can still be extremely effective under the goal...

I do hate that he's hated but he brought it on himself. I'm just hoping he does all the right things to put his name back up there with the top stars of the league.

If he does, ATL will definitely put the league on notice unlike paying that guy who left the same amount a year KD got.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

The reason guys like Jordan, Malone, Duncan, Allen played so well in their mid to late 30's  is because thet didn't just rely on their athletic to carry them.

Dwight is closer Amare, Shawn Kemp and Nique. Too much of an incomplete game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

For me to judge this man based off the ways other franchises handled him would be asinine. Kobe and Dwight wasn't a good fit. If memory serves me correct, Kobe had a problem playing with another big by the name of Shaq. The same can be said about Harden. Seems to me Dwight and ISO heavy ball players don't mix. And if you think he won't fit into Bud's system, then you haven't watched Hawks basketball.   

• Like 4

I think he is an easy target. Even in his inside the NBA 'intervention' he just sort of takes the criticism. This could be a huge storyline this season if he dominates and hits his free throws. I'm excited to see what happens. 

• Like 2

At the end of the day, the upside of DH is higher than Horford but the downside is much lower.  It's a "refreshing" move IMO for a franchise that needed some change...

TBH, I'm more worried about Dennis replacing Teague than Dwight / Horford 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The reason guys like Jordan, Malone, Duncan, Allen played so well in their mid to late 30's  is because thet didn't just rely on their athletic to carry them.

Dwight will continue to Rebound, Dunk, and Block shots well into his mid 30s. Two things to watch is how well he keeps playing off the pick and roll, and how he runs the floor getting back on D and offense. He does not need to be as athletically explosive as the three guys you compared him to; but he does need to keep his legs under him. Conditioning is going to be key for him as he gets older.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

Will he be Orlando Dwight where he was the focal point on offense? No

Will he be Houston Dwight where he stood around watching Harden? No

It'll be somewhere in the middle. 

Rebound, Defend, run the floor and get his shots within the offense - that's it.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Will he be Orlando Dwight where he was the focal point on offense? No

Will he be Houston Dwight where he stood around watching Harden? No

It'll be somewhere in the middle. 

Rebound, Defend, run the floor and get his shots within the offense - that's it.

Yeah if we would have retained Horford I would agree to this fully but no Howard will see plenty of opportunities to drop 18-22 points....the ball will move around enough to find him in good easy positions for him to score as long as he plays within buds scheme.

I'm not sure what Dennis is going to do his first full year starting as far as pts go but I feel he could do well but it's not a sure thing or if Baze will give us more than 12pts per game though I believe he can give us 15 but like Dennis it's not a sure thing.

The way this team is currently constructed in my opinion, Howard and millsap will both avg 18-22pts....probably 18 each. Making them the highest scorers on the team.

Edited by JTB

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Dwight will continue to Rebound, Dunk, and Block shots well into his mid 30s. Two things to watch is how well he keeps playing off the pick and roll, and how he runs the floor getting back on D and offense. He does not need to be as athletically explosive as the three guys you compared him to; but he does need to keep his legs under him. Conditioning is going to be key for him as he gets older.

Exactly...these bigs have gotten better since his Orlando days but he still has power over the majority. So while his athleticism is leaving his conditioning is key like you mentioned 

• Like 2

2007-2008 Orlando - 52-30

2008-2009 Orland0 - 59-23

2009-2010 - Orlando - 59-23

2010-2011 Orlando - 52-30

2011-2012 Orlando (66 game season) - 37-29  (46 win season).

Over that 5 year period  average 53.6 - 28.4.

2012-2015 Orlando average record - 22.7 wins per season (after Dwight left).

2010-2011 Orlando roster for comparison to 2016 Hawks

C- Howard - C - Howard   (young howard = adv Orlando)

PF - Bass       PF - Millsap  (LOL - adv Hawks)

SF - Turkoglu  SF- Korver (even)

SG - Reddick   SG - Bazemore (LOL again..adv Hawks)

PG - Nelson    PG - Dennis (adv Hawks)

Bench  -  -   -- Bench  (evenish....Arenas/Carter on last legs....very old/slow Orlando bench...Gortat still learning)

Richardson   Splitter

Richardson   Sefolosha

Anderson    Hardaway

Arenas    Tavares

Duhon   Patterson

Lewis    Prince

Carter   Bembry

Gortat    Delaney

Basically, the current Hawks squad...especially if Hump comes back is greater than the squad for Orlando that averaged 53+ wins a season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

They had Basketball IQ and played college basketball. It seems like these HS or 1 and done prospects don't have the BBIQ to play late into their careers 

• Premium Member

Dwight will have his critics until he shuts them up.  I believe that he can.  Actually, I believe that he will be an allstar this year and maybe even MIP...

Attitude and environment means the most. 

We've gotten a guy who hates losing... and we've placed him on a team of guys who hate losing.