• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

• Moderators

Computer is off so I'll make the post with the fanfare tomorrow but in the interest of time, with the 7th pick of the 2016 Dynasty Draft the AHF U-Niques select:

Kevin Durant

@JayBirdHawk is on the clock to wonder what could have been...

• Like 2

Just now, AHF said:

Computer is off so I'll make the post with the fanfare tomorrow but in the interest of time, with the 7th pick of the 2016 Dynasty Draft the AHF U-Niques select:

Kevin Durant

Just when you think that AHF is closed for business and dreaming of unicorns wearing UK bball jersey's he comes through with a BANG! Nice pick at this spot, great pick at this spot actually wow.

6 hours ago, AHF said:

Kevin Durant

Durant dropping to 7th is as sweet as it gets!

• Admin
6 hours ago, AHF said:

Kevin Durant

He was my number two pick

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He was my number two pick

With GS high powered offense constantly sharing the ball, he will thrive once things get settled into.  Durant is only 27 years old and barring injury he is prepared to dominate for the next three years IMO.

This would be similar to the Jordan led Bulls getting a 27 year old Karl Malone. Not because Karl and Durant's games are similar, but because of the way they both could flat out take over a game.

Edited by Buzzard

With the 8th pick of the 2016 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the JayBird Lady Squawkers select:

Paul George: SF, 6’-9”, 2201lbs, 26 years

PG.JPG

After suffering a gruesome lower right leg injury during Team USA’s exhibition game back in 2014 which force him to miss much of the 2014-2015 NBA season.

Looking back he said Why can't I stand right now?' I looked down to look at my legs, and I saw my bone. And the second I saw my bone, I just ... I lost it."

Paul George was back with a vengeance for the 2015-2016 season: He was top 5 amongst Small Forwards in the following categories – scoring, rebounds, freethrows, assists, steals and double doubles.

You would think after his Team USA experience back in 2014 that he would be dettered from giving it another go – nope – he is back at it again representing the USA in the 2016 Rio Olympics.  He’s one tough SOB.  Good Luck Paul.

@TheFuzz  is officially on the clock.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

We almost got half the 1st round finished. Bottom halfers lets show the top halfers how a draft is really done!

Are you a power bottom?

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With the 8th pick of the 2016 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the JayBird Lady Squawkers select:

PG.JPG

After suffering a gruesome lower right leg injury during Team USA’s exhibition game back in 2014 which force him to miss much of the 2014-2015 NBA season.

Looking back he said Why can't I stand right now?' I looked down to look at my legs, and I saw my bone. And the second I saw my bone, I just ... I lost it."

Paul George was back with a vengeance for the 2015-2016 season: He was top 5 amongst Small Forwards in the following categories – scoring, rebounds, freethrows, assists, steals and double doubles.

You would think after his Team USA experience back in 2014 that he would be dettered from giving it another go – nope – he is back at it again representing the USA in the 2016 Rio Olympics.  He’s one tough SOB.  Good Luck Paul.

He's a fat slob mow! 

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Are you a power bottom?

I am a Power Ranger! Seriously though, lets make this a little competition. It took the top half of the draft almost 25 hours to go through 8 picks. Lets see if the bottom half can get it done in 1/2 that time. Goal, be into the 2nd round by 9:30 PM ET!

Goal corrected, 9th pick not on the clock until 7:56 AM ET

Go Hawks!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know what that means.

I think he is saying George is out of shape. Maybe, maybe, just maybe Alex is having 2nd thoughts on passing on Durant and this is some sort of passive aggressive venting mode he is in ;)

• Moderators

So the 2016 draft order was pulled and the U-Niques were sitting at #7 based on the draws from lw3 and big D.  That left Ashley and I in a dilemma as we looked at our draft board - 6 guys worthy of discussion at the top of the draft and we were sitting at #7.  Then the dilemma was resolved -- Russell Westbrook was taken before Kevin Durant.

63ff0c6fb5a11fb5f63571f986fd08f7.jpg

I know.  Seriously.  It actually happened.  A bit of good fortune for us to kick things off.

So with the #7 pick we were somehow able to nab:

Kevin Durant

27 years old.  Former MVP.  7-time All-Star, 6 consecutive All-NBA seasons (5 first team, 1 second).  

For the last 3 seasons combined, Kevin Durant is #1 in PER:

Durant 28.9

Curry 27.8

James 27.7

He is #1 in points per game:

Durant 29.5

PLAYER 27.3

Curry 25.9

James 25.9

He is #2 in TS% among players averaging 20 points per game:

Curry .640

Durant .634%

James .605%

With wing the shallowest position in the league, we somehow ended up with the best scoring wing who is strong (though not elite) with his length defensively and who outrebounds James and George by a board per game.  There isn't a team in the league where Durant doesn't fit in seamlessly with his unlimited range and ultra efficient scoring.

So Kevin.  This is your lucky break as  you will get to lead a contender this season instead of coat riding.   Are you ready?

9d61cf14acb70d67a99ac16382c19104.jpg

Hell yeah, you are.

Welcome to the U-Niques.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

63ff0c6fb5a11fb5f63571f986fd08f7.jpg

There isn't a team in the league where Durant doesn't fit in seamlessly with his unlimited range and ultra efficient scoring.

This and this  -> had to leave Ashley's picture up.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

PG.JPG

Without even checking the thread, I already knew you would take Paul George. Nice pick!

• Moderators

@LucastheThird, get ready to get ready! If @TheFuzz doesn't pick by 3:53 PM Eastern, the floor will be all yours.

I got a Dream game to go to tonight, so hopefully these two SquawkGMs will make their selections before I waltz on over to The Flats.

~lw3

After much deliberating, the Decatur Fuzz have selected...

Image result for demarcus cousins

You betcha. We in Decatur prefer to think of his attitude problems as attitude assets (the other player I considered has his share of issues anyway). Boogie don't back down to no one. Good luck small balling him. We think with a better organization around him, he'll cut down on his turnovers and his usage to become more efficient and be an even better best center in the league. Towns ain't got nothing :spank:

@ LucastheThird, you're up!

• Like 4