• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, LucastheThird said:

Since GOATbrook was stolen from me (looking at you@ViewsFromTheSquawk ). I'm gonna reach a bit and take my first puck on pure potential.

The Greek Freak Giannias Antetokounmpo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Aaaaye. Good pick, he's gonna be a hell of a player. Was hoping he'd be there at 24! I think I'm just gonna not look ahead anymore...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Since GOATbrook was stolen from me (looking at you@ViewsFromTheSquawk ). I'm gonna reach a bit and take my first puck on pure potential.

The Greek Freak Giannias Antetokounmpo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ughh
i was hoping  that playing in Milwaukee would make people would forget about him, and he would slip through the cracks , all the way to number 27   ...wishful thinking.
Tantrum.gif

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

• Moderators

With the 11th pick in the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects:

201505_2105_gifeh.png

I'm inspired by @kg01 to take His Favorite Player off the board! That's right... Chris Paul (PG, age 31, 6'0", 175 lbs.) is mine, all mine! Mwahahahaha!

Sometimes, you just have to go with talent. At other times, you have to lean towards leadership. Chris Paul provides both elements in droves, even at the NBA-ripening age of 31.

Paul sets the tone for any team on both ends of the court, and off of it as well. He completed his 2015-16 season with his fifth consecutive All-Defensive 1st Team selection, the first guard since a still-interested Kobe Bryant to be so honored. His All-NBA 2nd Team placement was his eighth-straight season on an All-NBA lineup.

On the defensive end, Paul is the league’s active leader in per-game and (assuming REDACTED retires soon) total steals, a close second in steal percentage. On the other end, the 9-time All-Star is the league’s active leader in per-game and (assuming REDACTED also retires soon) total assists and assist percentage. This quintessential floor leader adds an 86.4 career FT% to his arsenal, including nearly 90 percent in each of the past two years.

Compared to 2014-15, his per-minute assists, steals, and points were on an uptick this season, one in which he finished among the Top 10 (6th) in MVP balloting for the fifth-straight season. His diminished mobility (due to meniscus surgery) makes him less of a slasher and more dependent on his deadeye mid-range jumpshot. Despite that, he has exceeded his career three-point shooting percentage three seasons in a row.

All those numbers only boost his standing as the league’s active leader in Offensive Rating and Win Shares per-48. Since 2008, Paul has never finished lower than 7th in the league in PER (5th this past season), and that career-low ranking came all the way back in 2010.

Playing amidst other high-flying athletic talents, he’s still able to shine, as demonstrated with 16 assists in the 2016 All-Star Game, his best-ever tally in the mid-season extravaganza. He leads by example in the boardroom as well, serving as the president of the NBA players’ union. Tack on being named this month as the ESPN Sports Humanitarian of the Year Award winner, and Paul brings everything one could ask for, in order to represent a franchise from scratch.

Despite upholding his end as a model of efficiency, Paul’s team finished with its lowest win-loss percentage in four years, concluded with yet another premature playoff exit. Part of that disappointment stemmed from sharing a division with a regular-season juggernaut and defending champion, and another part came from losing the team’s leading scorer for over half the season, largely due to said player’s personal shenanigans. In any case, Paul can only hope to lead a Lethal Obsession squad that’s free of off-court distractions, from the owner’s suite on down.

The noble @ATLHawks3 steps up to the plate!

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I did not see the odds in my favor but I was hoping Cousins or Giannias would drop to me at 15. Stranger things have already happened, KD dropping to 7th anyone?

and-may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor.j

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With the 11th pick in the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects:

201505_2105_gifeh.png

I'm inspired by @kg01 to take His Favorite Player off the board! That's right... Chris Paul (PG, age 31, 6'0", 175 lbs.) is mine, all mine! Mwahahahaha!

More on CP<3 in this space, after I go grab a late lunch! Meanwhile, the noble @ATLHawks3 steps up to the plate!

~lw3

..... That was gonna be my next pick.....

image.gif

• Like 2

With the 12th pick in the 2016 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Attack selects....... DAMIAN LILLARD

We are excited to bring back Damian Lillard to the Atlanta Attack for this upcoming season. As many of you may know, Damian Lillard was our first pick in the 2014 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft; a great value pick then and an even greater value pick now. Damian Lillard was known for being the biggest All-Star snub from last season as he compiled season averages of 25.1 ppg 6.8 apg and 4.0 rpg, numbers that put him in MVP conversation. This year we expect Lillard to improve upon his numbers, put his name in MVP conversation once again this year, and also lead our squad to a Dynasty Championship. The Attack family is proud to welcome Damian Lillard back to our club, and we cannot wait for the season to begin.

My boy @Spud2Nique is on the clock!

ATLANTA ATTACK 2016-2017 ROSTER:

PG: Damian Lillard

SG:

SF:

PF:

C:

GettyImages_460640784_n0lywddm_y242pu4e.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ATLHawks3 said:

With the 12th pick in the 2016 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Attack selects....... DAMIAN LILLARD

We are excited to bring back Damian Lillard to the Atlanta Attack for this upcoming season. As many of you may know, Damian Lillard was our first pick in the 2014 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft; a great value pick then and an even greater value pick now. Damian Lillard was known for being the biggest All-Star snub from last season as he compiled season averages of 25.1 ppg 6.8 apg and 4.0 rpg, numbers that put him in MVP conversation. This year we expect Lillard to improve upon his numbers, put his name in MVP conversation once again this year, and also lead our squad to a Dynasty Championship. The Attack family is proud to welcome Damian Lillard back to our club, and we cannot wait for the season to begin.

SG:

SF:

PF:

C:

f***! I was not counting on CP3 being around at 15, but damn, Lillard is gone also!

Great pick and in a good draft spot to.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

SG:

SF:

PF:

C:

You bastard.... PGs out here dropping like flies

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

You bastard.... PGs out here dropping like flies

This is a Squawk draft, PGs will not be around long. When this first started up I can think of two PGs that never lasted past the 10th pick right off the top of my head. Possibly three, Nash is retired now.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

This last place pick is pretty painful.  People at work are wondering why I keep randomly saying "Damn it!"

I am two picks out now and have my choices narrowed down to three. I will get someone I like and there is still plenty of players left to get in this draft! 2nd round will be a killer too!