2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

25 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

No pic cuz I'm on the phone. All due respect to Aldridge and Millsap (who were also on the Fuzz's radar), but the Decatur Fuzz will select the younger, more explosive, MVP candidate BLAKE GRIFFIN with the 24th pick in the draft.

With Boogie and Blake, the Fuzz have two big men who can shoot, pass, defend, handle and post, two top 10 players in their prime. Good luck stopping them in the post.

I was thinking about selecting him with my last pick, but he's been real injury prone the last few years so that scared me off. Hope he has a better season next year for you though.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

No pic cuz I'm on the phone. All due respect to Aldridge and Millsap (who were also on the Fuzz's radar), but the Decatur Fuzz will select the younger, more explosive, MVP candidate BLAKE GRIFFIN with the 24th pick in the draft.

With Boogie and Blake, the Fuzz have two big men who can shoot, pass, defend, handle and post, two top 10 players in their prime. Good luck stopping them in the post.

As well as a primadonna reality tv show...:-X 

With the 25th pick, The JayBird  Lady Squawkers select: 

PG:  Mike Conley 

One of the most underrated PGs in the league (minus the massive contract  he just signed).

@AHF is on the clock.

55 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With the 25th pick, The JayBird  Lady Squawkers select: 

PG:  Mike Conley 

One of the most underrated PGs in the league (minus the massive contract  he just signed).

@AHF is on the clock.

I play a game where I predict who you might choose, and this time I lost. Good choice though, smart general.

44 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Good choice... He was on my radar... 

I agree man. If you still need a PG and Conley is not on your radar, you need to get new radar. Underrated as Jaybird said by fans because he is not flashy; but players and coaches know he is one of the better all around PGs who plays both ends of the floor.

• Moderators

5. Roster: Each team gets 13 players and 1 coach, no restrictions on positions...draft 13 centers if you want; only 1 coach and that coach must be currently employed as a coach in the league (head, assistant or otherwise).

Does this mean no more college coaches?

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Does this mean no more college coaches?

Yes - the proposal was no one outside of the NBA and it had enough support that we modified the rules for this year.  No Phil Jackson, no Jerry Sloan, no Pat Riley, no Coach K, no Calipari, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Ashley and I looked around at the depth chart at each position right now and think @JayBirdHawk had the right idea - just the wrong choice.  

ashley_judd_03.jpg

Yeah, we said it.

Why take Conley when there is another PG who has averaged (both per minute career and in recent seasons) more points on better shooting, more rebounds, more assists, more win shares, more win shares/48, higher PER....you get the picture?

He is the last member of the 2015-16 All-NBA squad and last season put up:

21.2 points per game

.578% TS%

4.7 rpg

6.4 apg

2.1 spg

0.4 bpg

With the 26th Pick of this year's draft, the U-Niques are proud to select reigning All-Star and NBA PG:

Kyle Lowry

Plus the kid has mad marketing skills:

czddaohwkaajxfh.jpg

@pimp is on the clock!

Oh that hurts.... He was gonna be my next selection.... 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AHF said:

Ashley and I looked around at the depth chart at each position right now and think @JayBirdHawk had the right idea - just the wrong choice.  

ashley_judd_03.jpg

Yeah, we said it.

Why take Conley when there is another PG who has averaged (both per minute career and in recent seasons) more points on better shooting, more rebounds, more assists, more win shares, more win shares/48, higher PER....you get the picture?

21.2 points per game

.578% TS%

4.7 rpg

6.4 apg

2.1 spg

0.4 bpg

With the 26th Pick of this year's draft, the U-Niques are proud to select reigning All-Star and NBA PG:

Kyle Lowry

czddaohwkaajxfh.jpg

@pimp is on the clock!

@AHF I thought about taking Lowry but I went with the younger Conley.  Beside there is a good chance Lowry ends up getting fat again, lol.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@AHF I thought about taking Lowry but I went with the younger Conley.  Beside there is a good chance Lowry ends up getting fat again, lol.

Omg I was thinking the same thing Bird. I was watching USA vs China yesterday and I swear Lowry's arms got fatter since the playoffs. I think he went on an eating rampage. I honestly think he binge eats the world...

With the 27th pick in the Hawksqawk dynasty draft, the Atlanta Air Force selects..
                                                                  Demar DeRozan : 2 time all star

Demar-DeRozan-Raptors-Uniform-psd34436.p   23.5 pts   4.5 reb   4.0 ast

3rd in the NBA  in free throws attempted (more than Sap, Horford and Teague combined) 2nd in free throws made.
AT only 26 years old he hasn't entered his prime yet , so he can still get better.
Playing along side of Anthony Davis will open up better looks , and  easier scoring opportunities for him, and help him score more efficiently .

p1_30_1605.pngp1_21_2454.png

Edited by pimp
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AHF said:

ashley_judd_03.jpg

Yeah, we said it.

21.2 points per game

.578% TS%

4.7 rpg

6.4 apg

2.1 spg

0.4 bpg

Kyle Lowry

czddaohwkaajxfh.jpg

@pimp is on the clock!

I decided last night that i was picking Lowery , and you ruined everything ! :dry:

@IheartVolt

your pick^ 

8 minutes ago, pimp said:

With the 27th pick in the Hawksqawk dynasty draft, the Atlanta Air Force selects..
                                                                  Demar DeRozan : 2 time all star

Demar-DeRozan-Raptors-Uniform-psd34436.p   23.5 pts   4.5 reb   4.0 ast

3rd in the NBA  in free throws attempted (more than Sap, Horford and Teague combined) 2nd in free throws made.
AT only 26 years old he hasn't entered his prime yet , so he can still get better.
Playing along side of Anthony Davis will open up better looks , and  easier scoring opportunities for him, and help him score more efficiently .

p1_30_1605.pngp1_21_2454.png

That's a nice 1/2 punch 

• Like 2