• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I did that last year. Drafted my sixth man before I had a starting SF or SG... Just how it works out sometimes!

I have several players in mind for 47 and 50. Just have to see how things play out like you say. I do think the Warriors and Cavs have proven how valuable a high quality player is to have coming off your bench. Without naming names, both teams had/have bench players that could easily start on 60 to 70% of the teams in the league.

Edited by Buzzard

With All the players i had targeted with #38 gone. I decide to go in a different direction .
It's a scary high risk / high reward pick. All potential ....
sweating-guy-el-nino.gif?3caf7e

With the 38th pick in the 2016 Hawksquawk Dynasty draft, the Atlanta Air Force selects
                                                                                    Ben Simmons
                                        CBjfUFoUkAEwAzq.png
Write up is coming soon..

Edited by pimp
  • Like 3

Wow, there might be a remote possibility that I could pick sometime today...well, yeaa..

Kudos on Simmons and Ruuuuuuddddyyyyyyy...aka the flying Frenchman.

• Moderators

As the 39th pick in the draft rolled around, Ashley and I were anxiously waiting to turn in our draft card.  The question was simple: 

Do you pass on the best young defensive big in the league?

Well, Ashley?

ashley_judd_62-1024.jpg

Noooo!

Among active NBA players, over the past two seasons Gobert has been top 10 in DWS and #6 in DWS/48 and DRtg.   He is a beast on the boards (especially the defensive boards where he is again top 10) and ranks #2 in block%.   What is even more impressive is that he does it, unlike a certain South Florida center, while maintaining stellar defensive positioning.

Gobert stands at 7'1'' but has an even more impressive standing reach of 9'9''.  :blink:  Add in his good mobility for a big man and you are in Crazy Town.

I think @JayBirdHawk is drooling right now.

On the other end of the floor, as you might expect Gobert has a killer efficiency at close to 60% from the floor since his rookie year and he has canned his free throws at a 60% rate over those two seasons as well so you won't have to pull him off the floor or submit yourself to Hack-A-Jordan.

And he did all this in his age 22 & 23 seasons, meaning the best is yet to come!

usp_nba__utah_jazz_at_minnesota_timberwo

Well, maybe not the best for the rest of the league's dunkers but definitely for the U-Niques!

Welcome to the squad, Mr. Gobert!

PG:  Kyle Lowry

SF:  Kevin Durant

C:  Rudy Gobert

• Like 3

Ben Simmons:of the Atlanta Air force

Position:  Small Forward, Power Foward , Shooting Guard,  Point Guard , Point Foward
This kid is Billy Knight's wet dream. A basketball player that can be plugged into any postion.

Size: 6-foot-10, 240 pounds

Stats: 19.2 points, 11.8 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 2.0 steals

He blends size, strength and power with high-level athleticism, impressive quickness and phenomenal coordination. Among his speed, agility, body control and terrific ball-handling skills, he's flashed the potential to become one of the game's most dangerous transition weapons.
In the half court, his most attractive strength is his ability to create high-percentage shots for teammates. He's an elite, one-of-a-kind passer with spectacular vision. Simmons did some operating as LSU's primary playmaker, showing he can dish over the top of the defense off ball screens and penetration. Meanwhile, he picked up his fair share of dimes just by whipping the ball crosscourt to shooters or facilitating out of the post.

Though his outside shooting is a work in progress,  but his playmaking  skills alone will been deadly while setting up guys like Derozan and Anthony davis. His skills also allow me to wait until later in the draft to select a pg.

If he can develope into to a good shooter , then Ben will be a superstar, and a lot of Squawkers will regret not drafting him.
This is why we plan on  hiring Dell Curry to help with Ben's shooting.

We also wanted to reach out to Grant Hill as a point foward tutor, but could not , due to Grant being part owner of the Hawks, and the fact that
the Hawks have been accused of  tampering  in the past.

30141406_welcome_to_Atlanta_blue_vintage
Simmons and Davis will be the most dynamic foward duo for the next decade.

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

With the 40th pick of the 2016 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the JayBird Lady Squawkers select:

James Khristian "Khris" Middleton: SG, 6’-7”, 234 lbs, 24 years

khris-middleton-ftr-050615_1ocuiguienzmf

After signing his contract extension last offseason. Khris started off the year slowly but picked it up as the year progressed.

He ended the season with 18.2 ppg and a respectable 39% from 3, good for 8th amongst SGs.  He has to work on his consistency this upcoming season.  On defense he’s no slouch – disruptive in the passing lanes and a pesky on ball defender.

@TheFuzz is on the clock.

Decatur Fuzz selects Danilo Gallinari. More comprehensive write up coming tonight or tomorrow night, but underrated defender and passer, excellent scorer. Can slide to the 4 as well. After selecting Griffin and Gallinari, the Fuzz would like to remind everyone toimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKm4idx53TDb3GTTbpLl9

@LucastheThird you're up.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Decatur Fuzz selects Danilo Gallinari. More comprehensive write up coming tonight or tomorrow night, but underrated defender and passer, excellent scorer. Can slide to the 4 as well. 

This completely sucks...I'm so sick of everybody getting my picks.  Being last is the WORST!!!!  

Sorry...had to vent.  Nice pick by the way.  Would love to see him in ATL.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With the 40th pick of the 2016 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the JayBird Lady Squawkers select:

After signing his contract extension last offseason. Khris started off the year slowly but picked it up as the year progressed.

He ended the season with 18.2 ppg and a respectable 39% from 3, good for 8th amongst SGs.  He has to work on his consistency this upcoming season.  On defense he’s no slouch – disruptive in the passing lanes and a pesky on ball defender.

I Love this pick !
You don't  know how close i was to taking him at 38. He has gotten better every year.  one of the smoothest jumpers in the league.... i might could do your write up for you lol
I would have drafted him last night if Iheartvote had made his choice last night. But , after having 12 hours to think about it i decided to go with superstar potential .
He is also the guy i most wanted for  Teague , at the trade deadline, 

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

• Admin
34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A very underrated player 

• Like 2