• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

Will make my pick disappointing pick in a few minutes.  There isn't any single player on the board who I am remotely excited about.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

With the 29th pick in the 2016 Dynasty Draft Whining Spartans Fan select:

The Lehigh Laser AKA CJ McCollum.

At just 24 years old the youth movement continues.  The shooting guard position isn't very strong, but McCollum quickly turned a lot of heads this past season.  Scoring 20 points a game with a 45% field goal percentage to go along with a 41% clip from deep and we have ourselves a star in the making!  Ideally we'd like to see CJ add some more to his game and we are talking about getting to the basket more and not always shooting a jumper.  The ability to improve is quite clear with CJ as he did win most improved player in the league.  Coach &^*&$%## was quoted recently after GM Alex Stubbs made the draft selection.  "CJ has a bright future ahead of him.  We only expect him to grow as a player and more importantly as a man.  The culture that GM Alex Stubbs has created here is only for winners and great people."  CJ McCollum was available shorlty after the selection was made and offered up a couple comments.  "I am going to be flexing...and not just on the hoes either."  "Don't underestimate me or my teammates.  Do yourselves a favor and trash talk to me, please."

@ViewsFromTheSquawk is on the ticking thing that tells time.

Trailblazer.jpg

a3bf4507373573f8d325c9646610793168d140880161b47d6dcc6c1e1e89801f.jpg

Well Imma need a moment.... That was gonna be my pick.... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I guess unless @IheartVolt had his volt-colored heart set on McCollum in this round, it won't matter that @Alex jumped the gun by about 45 minutes. @ViewsFromTheSquawk, hold your pick until at least 7:30 PM Eastern so it'll be legit.

~lw3

Oh whoops I guess I read something that said his timer has lapsed.  My mistake.  

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Well Imma need a moment.... That was gonna be my pick.... 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Will make my pick disappointing pick in a few minutes.  There isn't any single player on the board who I am remotely excited about.

@Alex you may not be thrilled with the pick but I  have a feeling you just stole quite a few others semi-sleeper at SG. I like the CJ pick a lot!

• Moderators
Just now, Buzzard said:

@Alex you may not be thrilled with the pick but I  have a feeling you just stole quite a few others semi-sleeper at SG. I like the CJ pick a lot!

Count me among them! C.J. led the NBA with a 55 3FG% clip shooting wide-open threes, although he wasn't open as much as other shooters were. Atlanta sure could have used that kind of accuracy last season!

~lw3

• Like 1

With the 2nd round pick in the draft Views selects...

Gordon Hayward, SF 

image.jpeg

While the Views draft board did get a little disjointed we feel as we we've walked away with the most underrated player in today's NBA. We think Gordon alongside Russ will provide an excellent 1/2 punch that will lead us to where we want to be as a team. And in that Gordon also puts up not only the points, but also assist,boards,and plays some solid Defense. 

PG-

SG-Russell Westbrook

SF-Gordon Hayward

PF-

C-

@PSSSHHHRRR87 you're on the clock

• Like 3

My biggest knock on Hayward is he tends to disappear on the boards at times; but his passing skills make up for that IMO. He is easily one of the best SF eligible players that were left on the board. I knew damn well he would not make it to me at 47!

Edited by Buzzard

1 minute ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

With 31st pick Birds of a Feather select:

C - DWIGHT HOWARD

howard-hawks.png?w=650

A dub-dub machine that'll anchor our defense. Rebounds, post play, and so much more.

@capstone21 is on the timer.

Can you imagine the defensive and in the paint intensity if Bron and Dwight really did play together! Throw in some shooters, a pass happy point guard, and get to work!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I wanted him... Just around round 5.... 

No way he was making it to round 5. I am glad I don't have to make a choice for Dwight. I would be hard pressed to be able to explain paring him with Harden; but it would have been just as tough passing on Dwight at 47.

Edited by Buzzard

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

With the 2nd round pick in the draft Views selects...

Gordon Hayward, SF 

image.jpeg

While the Views draft board did get a little disjointed we feel as we we've walked away with the most underrated player in today's NBA. We think Gordon alongside Russ will provide an excellent 1/2 punch that will lead us to where we want to be as a team. And in that Gordon also puts up not only the points, but also assist,boards,and plays some solid Defense. 

PG-

SG-Russell Westbrook

SF-Gordon Hayward

PF-

C-

@PSSSHHHRRR87 you're on the clock

Was hoping he'd slip to me, good player. Think he could play the 2 as well if you need him to.

• Like 1

Things have started moving along again, if this pace keeps up we might slip into the 4th round tomorrow. If not tomorrow night, then for sure sometime Wednesday.

Edited by Buzzard