• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@AHF I thought about taking Lowry but I went with the younger Conley.  Beside there is a good chance Lowry ends up getting fat again, lol.

I actually think both are pretty comparable picks and they stood out as the best point guards available by a significant margin.  As I debated them prior to your pick, I looked at age and they are only a year apart (87 and 86 birthdays) so the age thing isn't much of a factor for me - especially with Lowry seeming to get better as he ages.  While both are still in their prime, Lowry is top 10 in win shares over the last 3 seasons while Conley is 34th (similar gaps in PER and ws/48) which to me says he is clearly outproducing Mike the last few seasons so he was my lean.  I was happily looking at Conley as a great backup choice.  I like your pick a lot there.

• Like 1

Great picks by everyone. PGs and SGs are dropping like flies. I am glad mine are out of the way. Picking in the 50s for my 3rd and 4th picks would have left me in a bad spot for my back court. I love taking bigs and getting rebounds, but someone has to get the ball up the court first.

I knew you guys and girls would not let top ten players at their respective guard positions last until then. Now I just got to hope there are more than just table scraps left over to fill out my frontline!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Great picks by everyone. PGs and SGs are dropping like flies. I am glad mine are out of the way. Picking in the 50s for my 3rd and 4th picks would have left me in a bad spot for my back court. I love taking bigs and getting rebounds, but someone has to get the ball up the court first.

I knew you guys and girls would not let top ten players at their respective guard positions last until then. Now I just got to hope there are more than just table scraps left over to fill out my frontline!

picking in the 50s?  You might not pick again until Saturday  with  the way things have been going the last couple of days.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pimp said:

picking in the 50s?  You might not pick again until Saturday  with  the way things have been going the last couple of days.

I know, it seems like the weekends are the worse which to me is a little back asswords. But then again, I am 58 and way past going out and partying on Friday or Saturday nights. I also think some get bored once the thrill of the 1st round is gone; which also happens a lot in regular fantasy once the draft night is done and the season starts.

We have a lot of hard core fans on this board and in this draft, so I don't see anyone bowing completely out.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I know, it seems like the weekends are the worse which to me is a little back asswords. But then again, I am 58 and way past going out and partying on Friday or Saturday nights. I also think some get bored once the thrill of the 1st round is gone; which also happens a lot in regular fantasy once the draft night is done and the season starts.

We have a lot of hard core fans on this board and in this draft, so I don't see anyone bowing completely out.

Christmas kinda sucks once the gifts are opened... lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I'm in ur boat...I used to party all night. Now I like to light a candle, draw a bubble bath and listen to Kenny G in the tub. DONT ANYONE JUDGE ME!!! :-)

8 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm in ur boat...I used to party all night. Now I like to light a candle, draw a bubble bath and listen to Kenny G in the tub. DONT ANYONE JUDGE ME!!! :-)

LMAO, that is funny as hell! I take two aleve after a round of golf on Saturday and soak in epsom salt. Don't judge me for being old, arthritic, and out of shape!

Just now, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Hey a fellow golfer!Imma young'en so I can't relate to the arthriticness but good for you for sticking with the irritating game.... Lol

Yea buddy! Its my relief from work. I can play golf all day and not once think about work. To busy chasing and cussing that damn little white ball to think of anything else!

• Like 1

Just now, Buzzard said:

Yea buddy! Its my relief from work. I can play golf all day and not once think about work. To busy chasing and cussing that damn little white ball to think of anything else!

Yeah, I've learned to just play with my banana ball and let the results be what they may. Lol it's like the best stress enduser and reliever their is

• Like 1

I've played golf twice in my life. If it relieves stress I have to do it. You know you need it when you feel like yelling at people on the street lol

7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I've played golf twice in my life. If it relieves stress I have to do it. You know you need it when you feel like yelling at people on the street lol

Its a frustrating game to play but I can totally forget about everyday stresses while playing. Its a fun competitive stress if you know what I mean. The older you get, the more of a work out it becomes. Which for me is a good thing when I can get a little sweat flowing on a hot summer day!

Edited by Buzzard

22 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Its a frustrating game to play but I can totally forget about everyday stresses while playing. Its a fun competitive stress if you know what I mean. The older you get, the more of a work out it becomes. Which for me is a good thing when I can get a little sweat flowing on a hot summer day!

Living in northeast Georgia on a hot summer day I can get sweat flowing by riding in a cart watching golf... Let alone playing it... What I'm tryna say is it's hotter than a seatbelt sitting in the sun when it touches your arm accidentally type of hot... 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Living in northeast Georgia on a hot summer day I can get sweat flowing by riding in a cart watching golf... Let alone playing it... What I'm tryna say is it's hotter than a seatbelt sitting in the sun when it touches your arm accidentally type of hot... 

When I lived in Georgia, I can remember many days just walking out to my car and already having my head dripping in sweat berfore I opened the door to get in. Here in Ohio, we don't see a lot of +90 degree days; but I do remember what they feel like!

• Like 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

@Alex

its your our pick now.... @IheartVolt ran outta time 2 hours ago... I just wanna get to my pick.... 

Well, not just yet! Technically, @IheartVolt's clock started at 11:29 AM Eastern, and it's an 8-hour window, so check back around 7:30 PM to see if he and @Alex have chimed in by then.

~lw3

• Like 1