• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kris Humphries Interview. Glad he's back

macdaddy

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/basketball/humphries-i-wasnt-going-to-play-on-a-team-that-was/nr6hg/

Nice to have a real pro on the bench.   Love his attitude.

Kris has made some good money over his career and sounds to me like he is in a good place to pick the best locations/teams he wants to be in.

• Like 2

Sounds like Humph plays the game more fore the experience than the money, which is a great outlook.  Heck, making $4 mill in a year is nothing to sneeze at.  Invest it wisely and you're set.

Would like to see Humph at the 4 with the starters in certain situations.  Dennis, Baze, Sap, Humph, Howard would be a good size lineup.  Heck, even Humph at 4 with Splitter at 5 and the young guns off the bench is a pretty decent lineup.

• Like 1

Hoping to see the same playoffs PER he had this past season this year in the playoffs with Bud giving him a lot more minutes. He does have a really good attitude as well. 

• Like 1

He's likely getting the playoffs mixed up with how he looked down the stretch. He looked so bad that he was ousted from the rotation for a little while for Muscala.

Good insurance for when Splitter gets injured again next season. I don't expect him to start out in the regular rotation but he'll end up playing plenty of mins as a small ball C in the end this season.

vor 19 Stunden, High5 sagte:

How so? He only got to play in 4 games and averaged 9/6 in 14 minutes. He had a positive +/- in each of his 3 games vs. Cleveland. Plus he crossed Love and had that hard foul on LeBron. He didn't suck at all.

Outside of one game with a last effort of throwing everything we got out of there action from Bud, whatever + he scrambled along vs CLE trying to hit a 3 point record, was garbage time. But Lurker is right. He sucked at the end of season and Bud took him out likely because he didnt click with the second unit. That is not to say that it can not click this year. It is just that I want to point out that isnt all fanfares with him. He as well is a question mark. His skillset gets attention on plays, but he's not all that on various aspects of the game.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

He played in three games against the Cavs. In game two of the series there was a lot of garbage time but Humph only took one three pointer in that game. In games three and four we had the lead going into both fourth quarters so we didn't witness any garbage time in those two, just us missing shots over and over down the stretch. Humph was three of eight from three point range for that series in 47 minutes total. When he was on the floor instead of Al we were better. A positive +/- and a great PER. Feel he stepped up his play against the Cavs and we really needed that. Should have been on the floor more. Some hindsight for Bud.

• Like 2

Ok then. He sucked for large stretches at the end of the season after a few good games at the start of his arrival here. He then played a little in the PO's and hit a couple of shots, grabbed some rebounds and hard fouled a bit. The point remains the same. He wasnt all good last year. He is a question mark. And he needs to show he can play with the second unit. He is a journeyman for reasons. He was -1.9 for the season and -5.3 in April.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

On July 25, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Diesel said:

You know what's sad.

In the Cleveland series.. Horford played 132 minutes, Humphries played 44 Minutes and Humphries had 6 more rebounds total than Horford.

Who sucked in the playoffs?

• Like 2

Dont act like what Im trying to say isnt true. You might wanna learn to read otherwise...OK then, two can play that game, you said:  "here is the grand PF that is here to save us". Im all for it, but it wont happen. He is a typical player with some homestand matador skills that he displays now and then. He sucks at setting picks, his lateral speed sucks for his size etc. He shot his very first PO's 3 pointers last year of his whole career. He also doubled his PO's rebounding record and trippled his shot blocking record last year. While having about similar minutes per game, however playing much more games in previous PO's. All this indicates a fluke. And yes, I said PO's in my first post of the top of my head, remembering him going down south at the end of the year. So, do we finally wanna acknowledge the actual point, or do we childishly wanna stay in lalaland about "Hump" and what I said and just ignore the questionmark he always was and hopefully wont remain at this late stage of his career.  For most of the minutes, I honestly rather see Mike Scott next to Splitter or Howard.

Edited by DS17Fanboy