• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

The Falcons would have one of the worst defenses to ever win a Super Bowl if they do win it. Don't quote me but I believe they said opponents averaged 26 ppg on the Falcons this year. That's against teams who can't score like the Pats. They put up 34 on the #1 defense Texans and then 36 against a Steelers team who were 9-1 in their last 10 or something like that. The Pats scored 440 points and that's without Tom Brady for 4 games plus them taking their foot off the gas in most games. They lost 1 time with Brady and had 13 games (including both playoff games) where they held their opponent to less than 18 points. Don't forget 2 years ago Brady put up 28 in the Super Bowl vs a MUCH more talented Seahawks D led by Dan Quinn.

While this would be true it doesn't really speak to who we really are as a team. There are a lot of misconceptions about our team due to the fact that literally nobody watched us all year except our fans. We weren't on tv at all and didn't get much pub until now. So even after people see our defense be absolutely dominant in two playoff games they still sit back and say "but wasn't this the worst defense in the league?" 

New England played probably the worst slate of qbs this season while on their way to a "top defensive ranking". Bill shut down the buffalo with LT (possibly best defensive player ever) and a host of other hall of famers, and shut down St. Louis with a group of players that literally s**** on this team talent wise. Julio has no problem dealing with physicality lol. That's all everybody tries to do and he treats them like kids. If Patrick Peterson, Richard Sherman, and the likes can't manhandle him I really don't see Malcom butler or Logan being a problem whatsoever. 

Thing is if you focus all your energy on stopping Julio you've already lost the battle. We are 6-0 when Julio has less than 40 yards while avg 37 ppg in those contests. So let them focus their energy on Julio and we'll burn you all over the place. That's what makes this offense so ridiculous. 

our defense isn't perfect by any means...but they are wayyyyy better than you think they are. 

• Like 2

And we've definitely played offenses better than NE. I believe new orkeans is better (I just threw up in my mouth) and Oakland is up there as well when Carr was healthy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jy23 said:

And we've definitely played offenses better than NE. I believe new orkeans is better (I just threw up in my mouth) and Oakland is up there as well when Carr was healthy. 

You probably aren't that familiar with watching the Pats as often as I do but what makes their offense so good is that their receivers are always open and teams rarely get pressure on Tom. If you can get pressure on him then you can rattle him but their blockers are always taking cheap shots at defenders knees to give him time and they run tons of illegal screens that are never called. The Pats have the #3 offense and the #4 defense. Keep in mind they did that with 3 games played by Jacoby Brissett at QB and believe me he has no business playing QB in the NFL. You are right that they didn't play many great QB's this year. They did play Dalton, Big Ben twice, Carson Palmer, Joe Flacco, and Russell Wilson and since he had a pretty good year this year I'm going to include Tannehill as well. The only game they gave up more than 24 to those QBs was Russ putting up 31 in Seattle. 

I know the Falcons are loaded on offense and they have a young, athletic defense... but the youth is going to be what Belicheck will go after on that D as he'll force them into doing things they aren't comfortable with. 

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

You probably aren't that familiar with watching the Pats as often as I do but what makes their offense so good is that their receivers are always open and teams rarely get pressure on Tom. If you can get pressure on him then you can rattle him but their blockers are always taking cheap shots at defenders knees to give him time and they run tons of illegal screens that are never called. The Pats have the #3 offense and the #4 defense. Keep in mind they did that with 3 games played by Jacoby Brissett at QB and believe me he has no business playing QB in the NFL. You are right that they didn't play many great QB's this year. They did play Dalton, Big Ben twice, Carson Palmer, Joe Flacco, and Russell Wilson and since he had a pretty good year this year I'm going to include Tannehill as well. The only game they gave up more than 24 to those QBs was Russ putting up 31 in Seattle. 

I know the Falcons are loaded on offense and they have a young, athletic defense... but the youth is going to be what Belicheck will go after on that D as he'll force them into doing things they aren't comfortable with. 

lalala.gif

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

You've definitely watched them more than any of us im sure and I believe every word you say about them....I just know that you and most people haven't seen much of us so I wasn't just giving you a synopsis of us like you gave of them. And Landry Jones was actually the starter when they played Pittsburgh during the regular season. Ive never thought much of flacco and the other guys all had bad years except tannehill and Wilson.

I think we have a good shot at it my man. We'll try to handle yalls lightweight lol

Edited by jy23
  • Like 3

Let me try again to persuade you as I do not think you understand how dynamic this team really is.  

The Patriot's offense scored 51 touchdowns this year for 306 points.

They also kicked 31 (of 36) field goals for 93 points.

NE quarterbacks were sacked only 24 times.

They held the ball for 31:03 minutes per game.

Lastly, the defense racked up 2 safeties for 4 points. They lost 12 fumbles and threw only 2 interceptions.

The Falcons offense scored 58 touchdowns for 348 points.

They also kicked 34 (of 37) field goals for 102 points.

Matt Ryan was sacked 37 times.

They held the ball for 30.31 minutes per game.

The defense did not have a safety but scored 5 defensive touchdowns. The lost 6 fumbles and threw 7 interceptions.

The Pats win by limiting the other team's offense, while not turning the ball over and creating turnovers. However, the Falcons do not turn the ball over. They had 1 less turnover  than the Pats. Despite having the ball 32 seconds less per game and not having the ball 5 times due to defensive tds, the Falcons offense scored 8 more times during the regular season. Meanwhile, the Patriots are another team that wins by holding the ball and going on sustained drives. The Falcons were very adept the second half of the season at taking the ball away and stunting drives. Their defense is opportunistic. In order to win, the Pats need the football. Atlanta doesn't give it up and scores when they have it.

Going back to the defensive argument. Below are the by quarter defensive ratings of the 2 teams.

Pats

1- 1st

2 - 5th

3 - 5th

4 - 5th

Falcons

1 - 10th

2 - 17th

3 - 11th

4 - 31st

Now notice the numbers....Pats consistent, Falcons average 12 to 13th best defense 1st 3 quarters then bam, 31st in the 4th. This is because they were often up 2 + scores in almost every game.  This is not the 22nd defense in yards per game. It is much better. The numbers are heavily skewed due to the prevent. The Pats were not in the prevent near as often as Atlanta. There were a couple of games this year that the Falcons broke out the prevent in the 3rd quarter.  Really have to think about this, despite giving up lots of time on the clock to 5 defensive tds (not getting the ball back), the Falcons still held time of possession close to the Pats. 

The team attempted 1 more field goal and scored 12 more touchdowns. It wasn't just a good offense, it was disturbing.  Then consider that 6 of those games, they had to go up against Cam Newton, Jameis Winston and Drew Brees. They also faced Carr, Wilson, Rivers. There were games that the defense really wasn't even a factor because the offense just outscored some of the best quarterbacks in the game. This team is special. The offense is scary. They dominate much like the 85 Bears defense dominated. 

Their offensive stats by quarter ranked

2nd

1st,

1st

10th.

Again, notice the theme. only the pats outscored them in the 1st quarter and this is due to Atlanta deferring to the second half in every game they won the coin toss. Then bam, 4th quarter they drop to 10th because they just sit on the football. The offense is scary good, just scary.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3

This below is a post from the Falcons forum and is perfectly where I and the rest of the Falcons fans and NFL fans are at. The poster was way too polite and was thanking the Falcons for...

"For reinforcing the fact that Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless are insufferable fools by discounting the Falcons."

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/1/29/14428712/atlanta-falcon-thank-you-notes

So weird it could be true. The Belichick rules.

Shanahan’s stolen playbook: “Nothing to see here, go Pats!” says mustachioed security guard

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/1/31/14451372/shanahans-stolen-playbook-nothing-to-see-here-go-pats-says-mustachioed-security-patriots-cheaters

Let me try again to persuade you as I do not think you understand how dynamic this team really is.  

The Patriot's offense scored 51 touchdowns this year for 306 points.

They also kicked 31 (of 36) field goals for 93 points.

NE quarterbacks were sacked only 24 times.

They held the ball for 31:03 minutes per game.

Lastly, the defense racked up 2 safeties for 4 points. They lost 12 fumbles and threw only 2 interceptions.

The Falcons offense scored 58 touchdowns for 348 points.

They also kicked 34 (of 37) field goals for 102 points.

Matt Ryan was sacked 37 times.

They held the ball for 30.31 minutes per game.

The defense did not have a safety but scored 5 defensive touchdowns. The lost 6 fumbles and threw 7 interceptions.

The Pats win by limiting the other team's offense, while not turning the ball over and creating turnovers. However, the Falcons do not turn the ball over. They had 1 less turnover  than the Pats. Despite having the ball 32 seconds less per game and not having the ball 5 times due to defensive tds, the Falcons offense scored 8 more times during the regular season. Meanwhile, the Patriots are another team that wins by holding the ball and going on sustained drives. The Falcons were very adept the second half of the season at taking the ball away and stunting drives. Their defense is opportunistic. In order to win, the Pats need the football. Atlanta doesn't give it up and scores when they have it.

Going back to the defensive argument. Below are the by quarter defensive ratings of the 2 teams.

Pats

1- 1st

2 - 5th

3 - 5th

4 - 5th

Falcons

1 - 10th

2 - 17th

3 - 11th

4 - 31st

Now notice the numbers....Pats consistent, Falcons average 12 to 13th best defense 1st 3 quarters then bam, 31st in the 4th. This is because they were often up 2 + scores in almost every game.  This is not the 22nd defense in yards per game. It is much better. The numbers are heavily skewed due to the prevent. The Pats were not in the prevent near as often as Atlanta. There were a couple of games this year that the Falcons broke out the prevent in the 3rd quarter.  Really have to think about this, despite giving up lots of time on the clock to 5 defensive tds (not getting the ball back), the Falcons still held time of possession close to the Pats. 

The team attempted 1 more field goal and scored 12 more touchdowns. It wasn't just a good offense, it was disturbing.  Then consider that 6 of those games, they had to go up against Cam Newton, Jameis Winston and Drew Brees. They also faced Carr, Wilson, Rivers. There were games that the defense really wasn't even a factor because the offense just outscored some of the best quarterbacks in the game. This team is special. The offense is scary. They dominate much like the 85 Bears defense dominated. 

Their offensive stats by quarter ranked

2nd

1st,

1st

10th.

Again, notice the theme. only the pats outscored them in the 1st quarter and this is due to Atlanta deferring to the second half in every game they won the coin toss. Then bam, 4th quarter they drop to 10th because they just sit on the football. The offense is scary good, just scary.

I mentioned it earlier but perhaps you missed it.

Tom Brady played 12 games. Matt Ryan played 16 did he not? The Pats started a guy who would barely be a decent college QB for 3 games this year. They also have guys at WR and RB who were undersized college QBs and guys who were cut from the Bills and Dolphins and guys who no other teams were interested in. To think they had a more successful offense per game than the Falcons did is actually incredible with their roster.

Look again at the stats after knowing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy G started two of those games, he was the league leader in qbr for those two games. He put up 31 on y'all...Brady put up 35, not a big difference. Jacoby put up 27 in one game....Brady scored less than that 5 times this year. They were chugging right along without Brady. The bad game came when jacoby had the broken bone in his throwing hand. 

12 hours ago, jy23 said:

Jimmy G started two of those games, he was the league leader in qbr for those two games. He put up 31 on y'all...Brady put up 35, not a big difference. Jacoby put up 27 in one game....Brady scored less than that 5 times this year. They were chugging right along without Brady. The bad game came when jacoby had the broken bone in his throwing hand. 

Jacoby played the 2nd half of the Miami game (and moved them to 0 points after Garapolo put up 31 in the 1st half) and then the next 2 games. They struggled mightily to move the ball with him and if 31 in 1 half and 0 in the 2nd half doesn't prove that then I'm not sure what will. 

At this point all I can say is underestimate the Pats offense all you'd like but I promise you'll be singing a different tune after the Super Bowl. Doesn't mean the Falcons won't win but the Pats will put up at least 30 there's no doubt in my mind. I don't believe the Falcons can do that to the Pats. 

See that's what I'm talking about...to say we couldn't score 30 against them is insane. Y'all scored 25, the Ravens scored 23, the bills scored 25 and the Seahawks put up 31 on them in the road.  None of those teams are REMOTELY close to us offensively. 

Im not discounting their offense but you tried to make it seem like their offensive numbers were hurt significantly with Brady not being there....I was just showing that's not really true