• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Premium Member

I'm not a huge football fan by any means, but I do understand its rules (well, most of them anyway). I gotta say I was watching it and can't find the words to express how I feel for you Atlantans. Man, I swear I would rather have the Falcons lose by 50 instead.

Just depressing. Really depressing. Talk about a meltdown.

On the second 2-point attempt (that tied the game), I thought the man who scored the TD needed to have both his feet on the end zone. Turns out I was wrong. IMHO, this "ball crosses the end zone plane" is total BS. This isn't soccer. So a player can receive an OB pass if both his feet touch the turf, but TD rules are different? That's crazy.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I'm not a huge football fan by any means, but I do understand its rules (well, most of them anyway). I gotta say I was watching it and can't find the words to express how I feel for you Atlantans. Man, I swear I would rather have the Falcons lose by 50 instead.

Just depressing. Really depressing. Talk about a meltdown.

On the second 2-point attempt (that tied the game), I thought the man who scored the TD needed to have both his feet on the end zone. Turns out I was wrong. IMHO, this "ball crosses the end zone plane" is total BS. This isn't soccer. So a player can receive an OB pass if both his feet touch the turf, but TD rules are different? That's crazy.

In fairness, the rule is pretty neutral.  If a player has both feet in the end zone but the ball doesn't cross the plane it is not a touchdown.  It is the same way when a first down is determined - they go by where the ball was when forward progress was stopped not the feet or any other part of the body.  

The feet being in bounds is what determines if the player is out of bounds or not.  

The game was incredibly depressing for a lot of reasons but this isn't one that bothered me.

That game really comes down to being as simple as the Falcons aren't a good power run team and weren't the smarter team (EXACTLY like KC). Now I'm not saying its not a good running team, but it's a good running team out of zone run packages, and not the power run.

It's really as simple as that, and this is not college and is the state of Georgia, I'm doubtful the Falcons will be back next year. Just like the Hawks with the 60 win season in 2015 (although I'd say the 11-5 equivalent is more like 52-55 wins in the NBA), next year will be the real test, you are not going to be sneaking up on anyone anymore. It's going to be a difficult schedule and the typical hangover will likely factor in too.

Maybe that was the 2015 Cavaliers equivalent without injuries (the absolute tear the second half of the season would match what the Cavs did in the second half) or Clemson-Alabama part 1, but that's usually NEVER how it works in Georgia sports.

I'm prepared to be disappointed big time again next year.

There is no need to overthink this - run the ball when you are at the 22 yard line and take the 3 points to go up 11 - stop trying to be cute and definitely don't snap the ball with 20 second left when you are trying to take time off the clock.

Dan should have learned from his last year at Seattle - run the ball.

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is no need to overthink this - run the ball when you are at the 22 yard line and take the 3 points to go up 11 - stop trying to be cute and definitely don't snap the ball with 20 second left when you are trying to take time off the clock.

Dan should have learned from his last year at Seattle - run the ball.

THIS! You got 2 great backs in Freeman and Coleman. The Patriots were NOT consistently stopping the run. They might have limited a few run plays to a couple of yards but YOU RUN THE BALL when the clock is against the Pats...I still feel this was a nightmare. I'm so freakin pissed...so many things ran through my head that I don't even wanna dwell on...conspiracy theories about the NFL...the fact that Trump loves the Patriots...Black vs White...I know I'm prolly taking it too far but that was a crock of crap I'm sorry.

THIS! You got 2 great backs in Freeman and Coleman. The Patriots were NOT consistently stopping the run. They might have limited a few run plays to a couple of yards but YOU RUN THE BALL when the clock is against the Pats...I still feel this was a nightmare. I'm so freakin pissed...so many things ran through my head that I don't even wanna dwell on...conspiracy theories about the NFL...the fact that Trump loves the Patriots...Black vs White...I know I'm prolly taking it too far but that was a crock of crap I'm sorry.

If it's a conspiracy theory it goes back through Obama and Bush part deux! Hell maybe even Clinton? I dunno feels like a lifetime that I've felt this Patriots pain year after year.

When you lose to them you usually find yourself asking htf did we lose to THAF group of players. They've turned over 70% of their roster since their last super bowl team and somehow they still look like the same unstoppable machine.

On the positive side if you're short and white you have a great shot at being able to be a star at WR for them regardless of your skill level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

If it's a conspiracy theory it goes back through Obama and Bush part deux! Hell maybe even Clinton? I dunno feels like a lifetime that I've felt this Patriots pain year after year.

When you lose to them you usually find yourself asking htf did we lose to THAF group of players. They've turned over 70% of their roster since their last super bowl team and somehow they still look like the same unstoppable machine.

On the positive side if you're short and white you have a great shot at being able to be a star at WR for them regardless of your skill level.

Eh.  They didn't look like an unstoppable machine to me.   We looked like a team that played 2 quarters and then played stupid on offense and they looked like a team that benefitted from amazingly fluky breaks.   There were a dozen things that had to happen for them to win that had nothing to do with their skill as a team and they all happened.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Hahaha I don't know if you are gonna take this as a compliment or not but you look like a prototypical NE wideout...you look kinda like Edelman met Amendola...:-) U need to hang out in the Boston area and see if you can land a spot! :-)

14 hours ago, Sothron said:

I can't imagine what this just did to our team morale and psyche going forward.

Think we will play angry and overcome this horrid demoralizing defeat by next season. Don't think we have to sneak up on anyone to beat them next year either as was posted earlier today. We played Seattle and Green Bay during the season and beat them both soundly in the playoffs. Thats five teams we played twice. Shanahan screwed the pooch on the pass play call and we didn't seal it because of that. Plenty of other stuff but we still had it late and blew the play call. 

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Think we will play angry and overcome this horrid demoralizing defeat by next season. Don't think we have to sneak up on anyone to beat them next year either as was posted earlier today. We played Seattle and Green Bay during the season and beat them both soundly in the playoffs. Thats five teams we played twice. Shanahan screwed the pooch on the pass play call and we didn't seal it because of that. Plenty of other stuff but we still had it late and blew the play call. 

Next year they will have a new offensive Coordinator. There might be some setbacks. 

Eh.  They didn't look like an unstoppable machine to me.   We looked like a team that played 2 quarters and then played stupid on offense and they looked like a team that benefitted from amazingly fluky breaks.   There were a dozen things that had to happen for them to win that had nothing to do with their skill as a team and they all happened.   

THAT is my point. That's how they win... Again and again and again. They don't "look" unstoppable but did y'all stop them? At least when it mattered? That's why it sucks losing to them because you feel like it's something your team did that caused the loss and not because of something they did. You can't call it luck and flukes when they've been doing it for 15+ years.

Hahaha I don't know if you are gonna take this as a compliment or not but you look like a prototypical NE wideout...you look kinda like Edelman met Amendola...:-) U need to hang out in the Boston area and see if you can land a spot! :-)

Haha yeah if they need someone who's 40 years old and had his shoulder re-built and micro fracture surgery on his knee then I'd be perfect for them. Oh yeah and I got winded and smell bone burning just from typing this on my phone.

If I ever hang out in Boston I will end up in prison. I HATE the Pats, Celtics and Red Sox with a white hot passion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

If I ever hang out in Boston I will end up in prison. I HATE the Pats, Celtics and Red Sox with a white hot passion.

I'm looking on southwest for flights for 2.....I need a trip too...:-|

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

THAT is my point. That's how they win... Again and again and again. They don't "look" unstoppable but did y'all stop them? At least when it mattered? That's why it sucks losing to them because you feel like it's something your team did that caused the loss and not because of something they did. You can't call it luck and flukes when they've been doing it for 15+ years.

Sure you can.   It's not either or for the life of the franchise.   They've won plenty by sheer domination.  I"m not trying to take that away.   But they win some by luck and flukes.   That doesn't mean I think they aren't good.  

They should be thanking their lucky stars they got this super bowl because they didn't play that great and needed some real fortunate stuff and terrible decisions by the falcons to make it happen.   The falcons choosing to pass when they should have run has nothing to do with the genius of the pats.   The refs spotting holding but missing a face mask has nothing to do with Brady's legend.   A coin toss and fucked up OT rules isn't something that Belidick drew up on his clipboard.