• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, jy23 said:

If that possum faced Kyle Shanahan doesn't take him with him I would assume he's getting the job here. Either him or Lafleur.

I agree with your venom towards Shanahan. He costs us this game, and for that I cannot forgive him. He chose to display his 'genius' instead of just winning the game. I hope he fails miserably with the 49ers.

• Like 1

So my Heat-fan BIL calls me up from FL.  The exchange went STTE:

BIL: "Ah man, dey say the city started a celebration after the 1st half up there.  Can you believe they did that?  They shoulda realized the game wasn't over yet, blah, blah, blah ...."

kg01: leowtf

BIL: "Yeah, the city (meaning the city of Atlanta officially) started partying (as in fireworks, parade, etc.) at halftime.  Dey so dum.  Game wa'n't over yet."

kg01: " "Dude, WTF are you talking about?"

BIL: "They say there was."

kg01: wtfih

"They?  Who's 'they'?  You do realize I live in Atlanta, right?"

BIL: "Oh ... um, ok.  Butsee Tom Brady, blah, blah, blah ..."

See what I have to deal with?  Guy from out-of-state calls me up to gossip about what's happening in the city where I live.  Really?

And this isn't even the BIL I (allegedly) want to murder (allegedly).  Well, let's be honest ... after that exchange ... I do wanna (allegedly) murder (allegedly) the dude.  The logistics are an issue tho ... allegedly.

24 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I agree with your venom towards Shanahan. He costs us this game, and for that I cannot forgive him. He chose to display his 'genius' instead of just winning the game. I hope he fails miserably with the 49ers.

I can't like this enough. It was simple, the game was already won and he blew it. 5 runs? I run the ball more than 5 times on Madden if I'm blowing somebody out. I hate that man and I'm not that type of guy. 

We all hated him last year and the beginning of this year....this year happened and everybody changes their minds. Then Sunday happened and we're reminded why we hate him. He's stubborn, thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, and he literally never admits he did anything wrong. You blame your qb and rb after the game? I hate him as much as Roddy hates him, everybody thought Roddy was just sour from being let go. Nope!!! He was right! Good riddance.

• Like 2

Apparently their going to hire Sark as the offensive coordinator. I don't understand but I'm gonna try and keep my faith in Quinn.

He's a great OC I just thought we would hire from within but it's all good

I'm not going to judge him on that, we all have had our issues...whatever that may be. He seems to have moved on and is getting his life together. I'm going to judge him simply on how our offense looks next year. 

17 minutes ago, jy23 said:

I'm not going to judge him on that, we all have had our issues...whatever that may be. He seems to have moved on and is getting his life together. I'm going to judge him simply on how our offense looks next year. 

Everyone has a 'thing' but not everyone's 'thing' has gotten them fired from a major college HC job.

If he's never admitted to and sought treatment for the 'thing' then he hasn't truly gotten his life together IMHO.  He's just another 10 year-old driving a Ferrari.

Maybe privately he's gotten treatment and my concerns are totally unwarranted.  Maybe he hasn't.  I'm just curious to see how he answers the question.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Everyone has a 'thing' but not everyone's 'thing' has gotten them fired from a major college HC job.

If he's never admitted to and sought treatment for the 'thing' then he hasn't truly gotten his life together IMHO.  He's just another 10 year-old driving a Ferrari.

Maybe privately he's gotten treatment and my concerns are totally unwarranted.  Maybe he hasn't.  I'm just curious to see how he answers the question.

They're just going to hand him Shanahan's playbook anyway. Quinn already stated the offensive plan is 'set', so there won't be any major changes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Most people wanted McDaniel and he's a recovering alcoholic as well tho. 

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Who is Sarkisian?

Old head coach at USC. Used to be the offensive coordinator under Pete at USC. Took over at university of Washington first and did a great job turning their program around and then took the job at USC, was doing ok but got fired for having a drinking problem. Was out of football for a little while and then got hired by Alabama last year as an assistant and then called the national championship game after Kiffin "quit". He was a really hot young coach a few years ago then he had his problems. Great offensive mind. Runs the WCO and ZBS just like Kyle and apparently they're keeping the language of the offense as close to the same as they can. He runs more uptempo and more no huddle than Kyle which is great for Matt. He'll just bring more wrinkles into what we already run which is what we needed. 

Edited by jy23
  • Like 1

Bryan Cox and Richard smith gone....neither made a big difference so meh. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, jy23 said:

Bryan Cox and Richard smith gone....neither made a big difference so meh. 

I found out Quinn had taken over the defensive play calling in the middle of last season. That change happened around the same time the defense started to play well, so Cox and Smith's fates were sealed after that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Cox hasn't developed the DL like he should. Hageman should be a beast with this ability. Grady looks good at times but the whole front four has been disappointing. Beasley having a breakout year shouldn't hide the problems the DL has had for years now.

• Like 1