• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Premium Member

I am broken. I keep telling myself, "it's just a game", but this feels different. ATL/GA sports have let me down in the past, but they have never set the fans up for a fall like this one before. How do you blow a 25 point lead in football? This was a new low. I'm taking a break from sports for a while.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Programming Note:

The S.O.F.T. (Same Ole Falcons Thread) will be headed to the Hawksquawk Classics forum in a few days.

~lw3

Thank you.  It's time to move on.  A super bowl victory next year is the only thing that will make this burn go away.   That's a long ways off and a lot of ifs.

• Like 2

• Moderators
There is no need to overthink this - run the ball when you are at the 22 yard line and take the 3 points to go up 11 - stop trying to be cute and definitely don't snap the ball with 20 second left when you are trying to take time off the clock.

Dan should have learned from his last year at Seattle - run the ball.

It seems every Falcons fan in the world knew to do this. Take the three points and take the two possession lead. This offense needs to learn that there is a time to play aggressively, but there are times to play it smart. Take the FG and we'd have a Lombardi right now. Instead, Tom has five and all those piss-poor Saints fans are happier than pigs in shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

It seems every Falcons fan in the world knew to do this. Take the three points and take the two possession lead. This offense needs to learn that there is a time to play aggressively, but there are times to play it smart. Take the FG and we'd have a Lombardi right now. Instead, Tom has five and all those piss-poor Saints fans are happier than pigs in shit.

And I'll add that this isn't monday morning qb'ing either.   Folks at my party were pleading to run the ball before Ryan even ran the play on 2nd down.   And when he dropped back we were pissed.   When he was sacked it was rage.   But there was still a chance.   I have as much faith in Matt Bryant as anyone on the team.   When we passed again ?   there are no words.   well at least none i can print.    I mean guys make mistakes but the Falcons make the same mistake twice in a row to lose the game?   That's beyond comprehension.  

• Like 1

Moving way, way forward but if we can get by Dallas in the playoffs next year we may indeed get another shot and maybe a skosh of common sense will be applied to time management and closing out the game. Thinking they will be the biggest threat to us and all others in the NFC. Believe we will be top two, three or four in the conference next season.

Just now, Thomas said:

Moving way, way forward but if we can get by Dallas in the playoffs next year we may indeed get another shot and maybe a skosh of common sense will be applied to time management and closing out the game. Thinking they will be the biggest threat to us and all others in the NFC. Believe we will be top two, three or four in the conference next season.

Haha I'll go ahead and tell you not to worry about the Lions, you can pretty much count us out now...I've really lost all hope today. :-(

The play calling was suspect to put it mildly but my goat is DeVonta.  As much as I love the kid his total whiff on his blocking assignment on that sack fumble was most costly.  Didn't do himself any favors at the bargaining table with that play combined with his agent mouthing off at the worst possible moment.

Shout out to Grady Jarrett.  You think that kid wanted to win?  Where in the hell was Beasley at tho?

I'm pissed no doubt but at the end of the day I've long been aware of the flat out voodoo that Belichik conjures on any single game.  Even during my teams' meltdown I had to be awed by his teams' composure.  I don't care much for Brady (respect the hell out of him) but The Hoodie is undoubtedly the most valuable coach I've ever seen.  His team was f@&king up left and right and he didn't mutter a single curse word or show a single frown wrinkle.  He just put Blount on ice, did his patented lecture surrounded by his defense, had a little chat with McDaniels, and somehow historic magic followed.  WTF.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Haha yeah if they need someone who's 40 years old and had his shoulder re-built and micro fracture surgery on his knee then I'd be perfect for them. Oh yeah and I got winded and smell bone burning just from typing this on my phone.

If I ever hang out in Boston I will end up in prison. I HATE the Pats, Celtics and Red Sox with a white hot passion.

Sorry.  For Seattle and Atlanta it is what they did.

• Like 1

I had to take a minute to chill out and try to figure out wtf happened. I literally just sat in front of my screen for about 30 mins and just sat there after it was over just glaring into space. We're supposed to be having a parade people, DAMN IT!!!! Kyle Shanahan...bye. Im going to keep it polite and leave it there. Devonta, my guy, come on man. Just touch him, blow on him, call his name something. 

I heard Matt went to the sideline yelling at the offensive assistants to tell Kyle to run the damn ball. Good call Matt but next time just audible the damn call yourself. That sack on second down, i almost accidentally punched my daughter bc I was losing my mind. RUN THE BALL, hell kneel 3 times, it doesn't matter. You have a free field goal. WTF ARE YOU DOING knowing that NE knows that a field goal ends it so they are going to be bringing pressure like their life depends on it bc...well...it does. Kyle shanahan....bye. We ran the ball 5 times in the second half, you're up by 25 and you run it 5 times? God why me? Kyle shanahan....bye.

The defense balled, proud as hell of those boys. Every single one of em, even Poole. I know it's tough in the slot with those guys. Y'all did a hell of a job but there's only so much we can ask of y'all. They were gassed. Legs gone. The pass rush disappeared in the fourth quarter, they were dead. But I'm still proud of what they did. They had Brady rattled that first half. Very impressive. Grady boy you were an absolute monster out there. Vic, keep your head up. They were shifting at you all night and the one play that you did make they still caught the dang ball...don't know how but whatever. 

Kyle Shanahan....BYE!!!!

This butthole had the nerve to try and blame Matt and Free after the game, if both of those plays are 100% their fault that's still not something you say as their coach you stupid......KYLE SHANAHAN!!!!! BYE!!!!!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, jy23 said:

Kyle Shanahan....BYE!!!!

Wonder if McDaniel gets moved up, knowing this offensive inside and out and all that. Be good to keep him around in some capacity at the very least for transition purposes. Certainly knows the playbook so hope he hangs with us.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/coaches/Mike-McDaniel/fc547556-d46d-45d9-9f88-6da2f0c921e3

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, hawkman said:

I am broken. I keep telling myself, "it's just a game", but this feels different. ATL/GA sports have let me down in the past, but they have never set the fans up for a fall like this one before. How do you blow a 25 point lead in football? This was a new low. I'm taking a break from sports for a while.

I haven't watched espn or anything sports related since then. This loss was the most Atlanta sports thing of all time. We're going to be forever known as the team and fans that blew a 28-3 lead in the SB and lost.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I haven't watched espn or anything sports related since then. This loss was the most Atlanta sports thing of all time. We're going to be forever known as the team and fans that blew a 28-3 lead in the SB and lost.

Others have said it but unbelievable catches by Julio will be forgotten.   He's probably the most overlooked star in the league.   I don't think there is anyone who touches his combination of strength, speed, agility, and sheer talent.   

• Like 3

Just now, macdaddy said:

Others have said it but unbelievable catches by Julio will be forgotten.   He's probably the most overlooked star in the league.   I don't think there is anyone who touches his combination of strength, speed, agility, and sheer talent.   

As a huge Lions fan, watching Calvin was a real treat for me during his career...I gotta say with all honesty, Julio might be even better...they are both freaks of nature. He's a special guy no doubt.

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Don't worry about what people say Soth...people will always talk $hit no matter what...I just go by this life lesson right here. :-)

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Wonder if McDaniel gets moved up, knowing this offensive inside and out and all that. Be good to keep him around in some capacity at the very least for transition purposes. Certainly knows the playbook so hope he hangs with us.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/coaches/Mike-McDaniel/fc547556-d46d-45d9-9f88-6da2f0c921e3

If that possum faced Kyle Shanahan doesn't take him with him I would assume he's getting the job here. Either him or Lafleur.

• Like 1