• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

59 minutes ago, jy23 said:

Actually...I think we match up better with NE but I believe we can beat either one

I think if Steelers win then Falcons will be the favorite but if the Pats win they will be favored. Either way, I think you can beat both as well.

Awesome effort all season.  Everyone deserves credit and of course Matt is the head of the snake but Mack and Freeney were the integral vets that that filled in the gaps as far as offensive continuity and defensive intelligence for the youngsters.

The Patriots have experience and mettle in droves but they only have one dynamic player in Brady. The Falcons have at least 6 and they're gonna be healthy as an 8-pound newborn.  Quinn is gonna design all types of blitzes to pummel Brady and our corners are good enough to play man with their pedestrian receiving core.  We surely aren't gonna embarrass a Belichik-Patricia defense like we did everyone else but the offense will stay on schedule with Matt spraying it around and controlling the clock.  Falcons by 4.  

With the new stadium opening this win is gonna be so f@&kin huge for the city.

• Like 3

So in our last two games of the season the three best QBs in football are featured and ours has taken one out of action. One more to go and then this year's best QB in Matt Ryan will be the only one left standing. Surreal year with his performance this season. Helping make us such a great and fun to watch team now.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

This has been a magical season. I never thought our defense could grow in just one season to get great offenses off the field just enough to let our own offense go full video game mode on people.

Matt has achieved the almost impossible: he's transcended from very good to flat out elite superstar level. It would be like Joe Johnson or Paul Millsap or Horford finally turning the key from All Star to All NBA and being a legit superstar after years of just being very good.

This offense is not dependent on any one skill player to be great. We could kill people with Julio or we could use him as a decoy and it really wouldn't matter. The Falcons offense is playing like a true five man game in the NBA. Whoever the open man is will get the ball. You could see the confidence all season in our offense, those guys truly believe that if they get open Matt is going to hit them with the ball. No one is complaining about touches. Unreal.

• Like 4

I think I figured out what you need to do to stop the Falcons on offense but it's very hard even for talented defenses. Let's start with doubling or even tripling Julio Jones is a waste of your time outside of key moments. If you do that, this team will burn you for doing it. You need to be a talented enough defense to be able to put your best corner on him in 1v1 and shield a safety over there (not a hard double). Coleman and Freeman's ability as pass catchers is very important, so you need to also send a safety out in the flats to help the linebackers.

Simple right? Well actually, it's not. The Patriots may have a good defense, but the Falcons have played at least two, maybe three defenses that are better than their defense (taking overall record and points given up out of the equation). And the pattern in the two games that I'm thinking of right off the back was this: Those defenses were able to take one thing that was very important away completely, not both of the things. One of the games was a loss, and it was one in which Julio had a great game outside of letting a key pass slip into a defender's hands but Freeman/Coleman's receiving was shut down because Seattle had a safety help their already very talented linebackers on them.

So what do you do? I honestly start with shutting down Freeman and Coleman's receiving game. They will want to give them at least 8-10 touches combined as a pass catcher and while they aren't always big plays (they can be), they are important plays, sometimes chain mover plays.

But you have to have a corner that is talented enough to slow Julio Jones down without too much help and a defense that can be lockdown on everyone else. I think the only defenses that can do that are healthy Seattle and Denver. Denver is the only team that completely locked the Atlanta receiver corps, they lost because they let Freeman and Coleman go wild.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I think I figured out what you need to do to stop the Falcons on offense but it's very hard even for talented defenses. Let's start with doubling or even tripling Julio Jones is a waste of your time outside of key moments. If you do that, this team will burn you for doing it. You need to be a talented enough defense to be able to put your best corner on him in 1v1 and shield a safety over there (not a hard double). Coleman and Freeman's ability as pass catchers is very important, so you need to also send a safety out in the flats to help the linebackers.

Simple right? Well actually, it's not. The Patriots may have a good defense, but the Falcons have played at least two, maybe three defenses that are better than their defense (taking overall record and points given up out of the equation). And the pattern in the two games that I'm thinking of right off the back was this: Those defenses were able to take one thing that was very important away completely, not both of the things. One of the games was a loss, and it was one in which Julio had a great game outside of letting a key pass slip into a defender's hands but Freeman/Coleman's receiving was shut down because Seattle had a safety help their already very talented linebackers on them.

So what do you do? I honestly start with shutting down Freeman and Coleman's receiving game. They will want to give them at least 8-10 touches combined as a pass catcher and while they aren't always big plays (they can be), they are important plays, sometimes chain mover plays.

But you have to have a corner that is talented enough to slow Julio Jones down without too much help and a defense that can be lockdown on everyone else. I think the only defenses that can do that are healthy Seattle and Denver. Denver is the only team that completely locked the Atlanta receiver corps, they lost because they let Freeman and Coleman go wild.

It's pretty much impossible. Like you said Denver shut down the outside but their linebackers couldn't keep up with the backs in space. Seattle did a decent job in the first game but that loss was more about us than anything. Julio with the drop, if it wasn't for that we would've won that one too. The one thing I can point to is what philly did by just keeping the ball away from us. That's your best bet

Man, I like to ramble on about some things on sports based on stuff I saw from different forums (this case was rotoworld where I don't post, but this really probably belongs on TD but I decided to post it here). A lot of ramblings of mine don't get posted.

It should also have a PS: Only two defenses may have the talent to do it when healthy.

2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

My ego approves this proposition. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love what happened in this thread tho. You can tell that nobody truly wanted to see the Falcons fail it was just legit frustration. And as the season unfolded you saw the tide changing and everybody just jumped on board. I've seen many "fans" who would rather just be right then for the team to actually do well. It's rather annoying, but it was none of that in here. Still belongs in the classics tho lol

Edited by jy23
  • Like 4