• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Barkley: "Atlanta is not going to make the playoffs"

GameTime

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Curry has his hench hoe do that for him...Ayesha...oh the NBA is rigged..oh this is bs...Ayesha and Tito and Anna and Derrick Rose's brother all need to stfu in my opinion. Curry also has Steve Kerr speak for him...bums!

Whining about officiating is different than whining about your teammates and how the team isn't giving you enough by pairing you with two other All-Stars and the highest payroll in the NBA.  I've got no problem if you want to throw Curry under a bus for Ayesha's whining but it is a different bus, imo.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Whining about officiating is different than whining about your teammates and how the team isn't giving you enough by pairing you with two other All-Stars and the highest payroll in the NBA.  I've got no problem if you want to throw Curry under a bus for Ayesha's whining but it is a different bus, imo.

That's true...my bad.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

What the ...?  The whole offseason was about how much of a punk-moov it was for the Worryers to team up.  At the half-season point, folks are probably tired of talking about it.

While I agree there's some flack caught by Lebron due to being a player in control of his destiny, etc., the reality is that he gets far more kudos for that.

The flack he's getting, on this particular issue, is the fact that they have the highest payroll in the history of the league ... and he's complaining about them not doing enough?!?  Mind you, the current roster exists largely (probably should say 'solely') at his behest.

If I were Griffin/Gilbert, I'd be pissed too.  I'm like, "Dude, the only reason we paid Thompson so much is because you gave him leverage.  If it were up to us, we would've re-signed him at a much lower number and had room to add championship pieces!  But no, you had to pad the stats so you get more for your agency.  You can't be mad now."

That said, Eddie Johnson made an excellent point in support of James. He said the luxury tax shouldn't be an issue.  The Cavs make so much off James that he can't get a piece of directly, they should be eager to pay the luxury tax.  In effect, that's a way for James to eat into the money they make that doesn't go to BRI or w/e.

That makes total sense to me.  So I have no issue with him complaining about them whining about the tax.  I have an issue with him saying they're not doing enough.  That fails to acknowlede the fact that (a) they can't make teams trade with them, especially since they've exhausted their valuable pieces and (b) they've exhausted their valuable pieces at James' direction.  You can't have it both ways, LJ.

4 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

What does the color of his skin have to do with him getting flack? Does he get a pass for telling his boss how to do his job simply because he's Lebron? How many other players in the league could get away with the stuff he says? 

I can't stand Lebron the player because of the douchey things he's done. That whole "decision" thing was pretty much enough for me but the whole thing of leaving Cleveland, them landing all those #1 overall picks, then him coming back just screams collusion to me and there's no way in hell that he wasn't highly involved in that. 

1 hour ago, AHF said:

If Curry started bitching publicly about how the Warrior's ownership needed to get off their butts and spend some more money to make the team competitive by landing more big man depth or something then that would be a great comparison.  I've never heard Curry criticizing his GM or owner for not giving him enough weapons.  Indeed, he chose to resign in FA with them at a time when they didn't have a single bona fide star and he was part of the team organically developing with trades and draft picks and not max FA acquisitions --- until this offseason when the internet crapped itself slamming the Warriors and KD for pulling yet another superstar teamup move ala LeBron in Miami and Cleveland2.0.

So I'd say that KD did get a bunch of flak for moving to the Warriors when he did something similar to LeBron's "Super Pals" moves and that Curry hasn't done anything similar to what LeBron has been criticized for yet.

Oh, and as a final point every team in the entire NBA can be improved.  None of them have every little piece that they could conceivably want, but backup PG is not worth whining to the press over when your third best player would be the best player on numerous other teams and when your team has the highest payroll in the league.  

Anybody heard any of the Hawks whining about what could make their team better?  No?  Me neither.  And the Hawks lack of talent at SG and SF is so much greater than the Cav's talent deficit at "playmaker" when they already have both LeBron and Irving that I totally get and endorse Barkley's criticism of James.  As was said earlier in the thread, LeBron's shot back at Barkley was the classic "attack the messenger not the message" non-response that we mods would put him in time out for on here.  (Cue JayBird no more internet gif)

all that being said and no one has questioned KD or Curry's manhood.   And take the first 10 for the Cavs and compare to the first 10 of the Warriors or Clippers.  Lebron has a right to speak up.  Agree or disagree, but calling him soft or a baby or saying he is lazy etc.  That is straight out the racism/self hating blacks workbook 101.  And don't give me what you do at work.  Its millions of people who can do what you do and possibly better.  You can't name 10 people that can say that about Lebron.  

I think Lebron has been an ideal citizen for the game up to now.  I think the biggest thing is he wants to win and I think he sees that they aren't on the level they need to be to compete for a championship.  I mean, I see it too.

Thing is, this is the type of stuff you talk about with management behind closed doors.  I have no problem with those criticizing him because at the end of the day it was his choice to go to the media about it.

Also, while I agree that Chuck's opinion doesn't mean squat Lebron shouldn't have made it personal.  He set himself up for the criticism.

37 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

all that being said and no one has questioned KD or Curry's manhood.   And take the first 10 for the Cavs and compare to the first 10 of the Warriors or Clippers.  Lebron has a right to speak up.  Agree or disagree, but calling him soft or a baby or saying he is lazy etc.  That is straight out the racism/self hating blacks workbook 101.  And don't give me what you do at work.  Its millions of people who can do what you do and possibly better.  You can't name 10 people that can say that about Lebron.  

While there is some truth to what you say there are also a lot of assumptions depending on the individual and situation so I don't see the need for this discussion to go into the racism realm unless there is something obvious and overt out there that I'm missing on this.

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

What?? Because I don't like Lebron it's racist? What does Curry or Durant have to do with this topic? I don't cheer for those guys but I've yet to see either of them try to look like a reality TV star and hold press conferences on which teams they're going to play for. 

As to your insult about "it's millions of people of people who can do what I do" well I'll just let that ignorant statement stand on it's own. 

• Like 1

I think sir Charles is a big fat idiot who wants ratings..and Lebron is an attention whore himself. I'm not sure that it ends with just those two either. Seems a bunch of players want attention...attention for them equals $...negative or positive. I can't stand watching inside the NBA anymore because they just ignore us in the standings...that and I can't understand Charles and his broke down language..it ain't no English I'll tell you that right now.

I think sir Charles is a big fat idiot who wants ratings..and Lebron is an attention whore himself. I'm not sure that it ends with just those two either. Seems a bunch of players want attention...attention for them equals $...negative or positive. I can't stand watching inside the NBA anymore because they just ignore us in the standings...that and I can't understand Charles and his broke down language..it ain't no English I'll tell you that right now.

I would say I happen to love Charles and think it's great that he speaks his mind... But I'm not sure I'm allowed to like him since he's black and I'm a racist.

Unlike Lebron, Charles is paid to talk and entertain the viewers and he is damn good at that. I could care less whether he currently likes the Hawks right now but honestly is he wrong about his feelings? Should we be considered a real threat when we are among the league's worst in being beaten by 30 or more in a game this season? I've heard far worse from actual Hawks fans on here about our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

I would say I happen to love Charles and think it's great that he speaks his mind... But I'm not sure I'm allowed to like him since he's black and I'm a racist.

Unlike Lebron, Charles is paid to talk and entertain the viewers and he is damn good at that. I could care less whether he currently likes the Hawks right now but honestly is he wrong about his feelings? Should we be considered a real threat when we are among the league's worst in being beaten by 30 or more in a game this season? I've heard far worse from actual Hawks fans on here about our team.

That's true I'm not saying he should constantly talk about us or anything I'm just saying if it's 

1. Cavs

2. Celts

3. Raps

4. Hawks

5. Wiz

10. Pistons

Dont talk about the best teams in the east being the Cavs, Celts, Raps, Wiz and Pistons and not us. I know that he hates the Rockets and claims that Les Alexander owes him a couple million bucks but what did we do to him that he ignores and hates us?

Oh, and BSPN has the Wizards at 4 and us at 5 even though we are ahead of them in alphabetical orde. Why why why?

IMG_8429.PNG

Could be that we are working on year 10 of being playoff fodder and nobody are going to believe in the Hawks unless we make a big move.

The Raps are a legit threat to this Cavs team and the Celtics are the new Cinderella and I don't know that we can beat them. The Pistons have spanked the crap out of us. I get what you're saying but I don't see how we can expect anyone to respect us after the blowout losses this year.

• Like 1

What?? Because I don't like Lebron it's racist? What does Curry or Durant have to do with this topic? I don't cheer for those guys but I've yet to see either of them try to look like a reality TV star and hold press conferences on which teams they're going to play for. 

As to your insult about "it's millions of people of people who can do what I do" well I'll just let that ignorant statement stand on it's own. 

Dude why do you always do this? I never called you racist. And yes there are million people that can do your job, my job, or any other person in most industries job.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think this thread needs to be split - move the Chuck and LeBron talk out of Homecourt. It won't end well.

I'm sure the mods will accommodate you right away. (Real talk). ;-)

1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

While there is some truth to what you say there are also a lot of assumptions depending on the individual and situation so I don't see the need for this discussion to go into the racism realm unless there is something obvious and overt out there that I'm missing on this.

It's the accumulation of things.  Take Barkley for instance.  People love him because he says things that fit their agenda.  But, he is a dispicable man.  Think about what Pippen and others said about him.  Now he forced trades and ring chased during his career.  Got in trouble and never won a ring.   If Lebron was that guy he would be run out of the league.  No him being an activist, model citizen, and business unto himself gets him called lazy, a punk, a coward, soft etc.   Mainly he dared to do the decision and donate money to the boys and girls club.  Speak up about BLM and be the best player of this generation.   Oh and he is rich and knows his worth.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

^tiebreaker head-to-head.

And I trust the "Das Racist!" commentary applies to Chawls, and not directly at specific Squawkers who do a much better job of critiquing than Charles ever does. (Maybe an exception to the "millions of people" rule, at least in Sir Charlie's case)

i_may_be_wrong_but_i_doubt_it.jpg

I know this bears repeating, but the Ugly OKC/San Antonio Women rule applies here.

Chuck is a Jimmy The Greek-style loner who lives off of people engaging him in discussion (that, and perhaps gravy), and he prides himself on being a touchstone, no matter the topic.

When Charles ventures into middle America during playoff time, he's (a) bored to tears, and (b) wants people to "prove him wrong." So he comes off with a dismissive statement, like "All the women in this here cowtown are hideous" so that "All the women" in Oklahoma city/state come running out in droves to "prove him wrong." He already knows he's wrong. That's the point of the carnival.

Charles would love to be feted daily in a big NBA market (like LA), but instead, he's rolling up in Atlanta drive-thrus on most nights looking for a meal to reheat before heading back to whatever he calls his humble abode in town.

When he's not up all night kissing donkey posteriors at Turner studios, he's bored to tears. So, simply to pass the time, he gets his jollies off with "Man, I hate watching these Hawks play." Or outright pretending they don't exist, hoping someone will say, "Hey! Wait a minute!"

If Charles came off and said, Dolfan-style, "I don't like the Hawks because they get blown out way too often, an inordinate amount, by good teams and bad ones," that would actually come across as the analysis he's being paid for. He doesn't do that. He prefers to be intentionally reductive, because it makes people talk... not just about him, TO him.

The Hawks pull off an upset or two: "Jowls wuz wrong!", we cheer. Then the Hawks go out and flop: "Chawls waz right," we screech. No, your own logistical reasoning led you toward a correct conclusion. Charles is just fishing for bait. Whether he catches a marlin or a galosh doesn't matter. What matters is that your team's season teeters on the question of whether a man who doesn't really care either way is "right." Now, when he's spotted around town, maybe a Hawks fan will come up and give him a piece of his/her mind, along with that piece of pie.

His critique of LeBron, however sloppy, worked. Simply being thoughtful and constructive with his commentary makes him basically David Aldridge. Do you know what DA, or a player/analyst like Kevin McHale or Brent Barry, said about LeBron's playmaker demands? Exactly, you don't care to know.

Instead, Chawlz uses his weekly platform to call the reigning Finals MVP "whiny". Charles would deserve the Stephen from Django treatment (something he is quite used to, and immune to, by now) if he indeed suggested James was being "lazy," but thankfully that was not what he said. His leading question of, "He don't want to compete?" was prefaced by "He's the best player in the world," which you tend not to be if you're indeed "lazy."

Now, the media is running around like schoolyard instigators, and LeBron James is rummaging through Wiki pages and daring Chuckles to come see The King, face to face! Now he's got all night Thursday to come up with more softballs for LBJ to swing at. It's not like he's coming to work to watch Hawks-Rockets.

"I May Be Wrong... But I Doubt It. Either Way, Buy My Book!" That's the Carnival. Whether you choose to play with him, under his tent, is up to you.

~lw3

Excellent piece.  No doubt Chuck is the rabble rouser of the ages.

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I think there are a ton of racists watching the NBA.   Not kkk members or anything but sports fans with prejudices.   Is not that they root against black players in the game, but as kg said they want players to act a certain way off the court if they are black.    I mean black people performing as entertainers and athletes for white audiences has a long and sometimes ugly history in this country.   Things are better now but some of the attitudes about it aren't 100% gone.   

18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's the 'we are paying you a boatload of money so just shut up and play syndrome'  - you shouldn't have a voice/opinion on politics, religion, social injustices etc. - happens a lot.

This could be used as an example -  Tomi Lahren on Kaepernick sitting during the anthem

13 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

His critique of LeBron, however sloppy, worked. Simply being thoughtful and constructive with his commentary makes him basically David Aldridge. Do you know what DA, or a player/analyst like Kevin McHale or Brent Barry, said about LeBron's playmaker demands? Exactly, you don't care to know.

Very revealing statement. Guess Charles is an anti hero charisma type and enjoys it. A rich one of course so its works well for him.  

18 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Curry has his hench hoe do that for him...Ayesha...oh the NBA is rigged..oh this is bs...Ayesha and Tito and Anna and Derrick Rose's brother all need to stfu in my opinion. Curry also has Steve Kerr speak for him...bums!

Ayesha:  

"Whoa.  Whoa.  WHOA!!!    I was only defending my man!   And like a regular fan, I think the NBA and refs are against my team whenever we get bad calls!!  Plus they wouldn't let us off the bus in Cleveland before the game, over some bull s-it!!  I hate them!!  And Steph gets pushed and beat up all the time and gets no calls, while Lebron gets ALL the calls!!   And another thing!!  I get dissed more than Lebron and Stef put together!!   I get "slut shamed" and used to "slut shame" other women at the same time!!  And I'm SICK OF IT!!

I'm a "hench hoe"?    OK . . OK . . I'll be that!!   For Steph . . I'll be that!!   Now I have a roast to fix for MY MAN because he's hungry after making Marvin Williams trip all over himself.  

Matter of fact, Ima go put on this sexy outfit and cook in it . . . cause I'm Ayesha Curry dammit, and I can do (( bleep )) like this!!

So hate on that!!"

Image result for ayesha curry

• Like 1