• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Barkley: "Atlanta is not going to make the playoffs"

GameTime

• Moderators

Barkley, the TNT analyst, spoke on a conference call Monday as part of an ‘Inside the NBA’ preview of the upcoming 2015-16 season with Kenny Smith, Shaquille O’Neal and Ernie Johnson.

Barkley offered the following insight when asked about the Wizards and their chances in the East.

“They can’t beat Cleveland, Chicago or Milwaukee.  They will battle with Miami for the fourth spot.  They have a terrific backcourt, I love [John] Wall and [Bradley] Beal but they have to hope Beal stays healthy.”

And then this – seemingly out of nowhere …

“Atlanta won’t be in the top five in the Eastern Conference.”

Wrong about Atlanta, waaaay wrong about the wiz last year.   Expect more of the same. 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He right from the perspective of not seeing them together. This preseason, they looked amazing.     

Wha?  You saying that, what he means is, he hasn't seen them together so he can't imagine them as a playoff caliber team?

You think they looked amazing in preseason?

I'm not disagreeing, just trying to understand what you're saying.

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

That man's brain just shuts off from time to time.  Kenny can press him into saying anything stupid.

Kenny: "But are you not now saying that water isn't wet?!"

Charles: (long pause) "Yes, das what I'm sayin"

Huh?

That was a strange broadcast to start the season with them talking all over each other even more than usual last night. Sounded more like a bunch of preteens arguing over nothing in a small room. And Kenny wonders why no one takes him seriously as a coaching prospect.   

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Thomas said:

That was a strange broadcast to start the season with them talking all over each other even more than usual last night. Sounded more like a bunch of preteens arguing over nothing in a small room.  

Ernie made a good point though.   You can't mention every team in the Eastern Conference and not mention Atlanta.     In the last 2 years the Cavs have 110 regular season wins we have 108.   So even if you think they won't make the playoffs that would be worth a mention.

Since Shaq bought the Krispy Kreme on Ponce I'm seriously worried about the health of those 2.

• Like 4

Dennis and Dwight's  potential is significantly higher than Teague and Horford ever were.  Will they reach that potential is another question.

So to think we may tank is just as unlikely as winning 70 games. we will fall somewhere in the middle, while making the playoffs.