• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some early thoughts on Schröder

django2341

34 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Are you guys watching Dennis in this Laker's game? He has been absolute garbage on offense. Can't score, turning the ball over, dumb shots. We are going to regret this monster deal, sorry guys.

Dennis is getting paid Baze money. Who would you rather have?

vor 50 Minuten, bleachkit sagte:

Are you guys watching Dennis in this Laker's game? He has been absolute garbage on offense. Can't score, turning the ball over, dumb shots. We are going to regret this monster deal, sorry guys.

Excuse me but your post is garbage at best. How can you be that negative after one bad game?

Its his first starting season. Get your act together.

Everybody knew that Dennis would have bad games. Hes young and has to learn. 

And yes tonight his shooting and decisionmaking was way off. But thats it. Lets wait another 20 games to be as harsh as you are.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Excuse me but your post is garbage at best. How can you be that negative after one bad game?

Its his first starting season. Get your act together.

Everybody knew that Dennis would have bad games. Hes young and has to learn. 

And yes tonight his shooting and decisionmaking was way off. But thats it. Lets wait another 20 games to be as harsh as you are.

What exactly is so great about him though? I see a guy that does not have a high BBIQ for a point guard, and is not a natural shooter. The Lakers were daring him to shoot tonight, and when he drove to the basket they were ready to block his shot. If anybody here thinks he is suddenly going to become a Steve Nash/Chris Paul type maestro, prepare to be disappointed.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

What exactly is so great about him though? I see a guy that does not have a high BBIQ for a point guard, and is not a natural shooter. The Lakers were daring him to shoot tonight, and when he drove to the basket they were ready to block his shot. If anybody here thinks he is suddenly going to become a Steve Nash/Chris Paul type maestro, prepare to be disappointed.

this post sums up my thoughts exactly.  Schröder is a player you bring off the bench.  Hope bud wakes up and bring in a legit PG to run this team.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

This is reactionary.  They were not daring him to shoot and his shot was blocked like once.  It happened to be memorable only due to the point in the game at which it happened.

Anyone who's paying attention knows he's still a work in progress.  Give the dude space to keep getting better.  If you're looking at him expecting him to be on the level of a 2-time MVP or a decade-in-the-league starter right now then you're the one with misplaced expectations.

Before the season started don't believe anyone thought or posted at least that there aren't going to be bumps in the road and this is a big jump for Dennis so after the first four games of him playing starter minutes talking about bringing in a starter to replace him is seriously premature. There's a lot of games to help him grow and play through this. 

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I expect him to be a better all around PG than Teague someday.    Hey that day is today!   Woohoo!

I really don't see that.  He continues doing the same stupid things over and over.  Pound the ball too long, drive into the lane and either (a) get the ball swatted away, or (b) throw up a brick against the glass.

Edited by Watchman

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

I really don't see that.  He continues doing the same stupid things over and over.  Pound the ball too long, drive into the lane and either (a) get the ball swatted away, or (b) throw up a brick against the glass.

But was't Teague basically doing the same or worse doing nothing?   Plus iffy defense?    And I say this as a big fan of Jeff.    The thing that is already apparent with Dennis is that he's going to bring energy the whole game.   Right now, he's making some mistakes but that's fine early in the season.  If he's still being boneheaded in 2017 then I'll worry.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

But was't Teague basically doing the same or worse doing nothing?   Plus iffy defense?    And I say this as a big fan of Jeff.    The thing that is already apparent with Dennis is that he's going to bring energy the whole game.   Right now, he's making some mistakes but that's fine early in the season.  If he's still being boneheaded in 2017 then I'll worry.

He's playing like a guy who's been told to tone it down as a starter.  Struggling to find the right gear.

Like you, I actually like(d) Jeff.  But he hit he's solid at best.  Dennis has a chance to be far better than that just based on his mentality alone.  Jeff was a guy who appeared comfortable knowing he's not supposed to compete with the Irvings and Currys of the world.  I remember games where Jeff outplayed a topline PG for a qtr or a half.  Then it was like he'd realize that wasn't his place so his play would tail off.  Dennis is crazy enough to go at those guys and not be content to take a back seat.  

One of my best memories of Jeff fits in with what you just said and that was the playoffs against the Bulls. No one expected Jeff at that time to do remotely as well as he did. Just so on and off from there on.

For all those who compare Dennis' and Baze's contract and call him overpaid: His new contract kicks in next season. He makes $2.7 mil this year... 

Compare next years performance to the big money next year. I expect him to improve until then and Bud seems to agree...

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Dennis is playing fine. His defense is so much better than Teague's it isn't even funny. The only thing he's missing on offense is the PNR game with D8 and Paul that should be there. But it will come. Some of that quite frankly is on D8 not setting good screens at the top of the key.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That's great but execution has been horrible this year. We must improve 

So far this year is all of four games. Your right we should improve and there is ninety five percent of the regular season left to witness that hopefully. I'm not advocating procrastination just know that we're a new lineup with plenty of awkwardness for lack of playing together in games that count in the column. Apparently Bud is having some adjustment issues as well as exposed this week against the Lakers and their fans.