• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Titanic Horford never planned on staying

JTB

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Nope not trying to be anti supes...I think we have a lot good posters on the squawk including supes. But when one of our best posters like supes is so caught up in a guy that isn't here anymore it just gets old....I rather read post from a poster like supes of real possibile ideas on how this team can turn it around rather than focusing on something or someone we just don't have anymore.

Lurker who also may seem negative to many on the squawk is doing just that.

I was embracing the anti-Supers talk.  He deserves it because of just what you mentioned.  Let's talk about the guys who wanna be here.  Screw the guy who clearly didn't.

I agree when Supers is locked in and actually trying to be insightful, he's one of our best guys.  He just needs to understand he has a Pluto-sized blindspot when it comes to that particular guy right now.  Avoid that subject and he's just fine.

Lurk can be a bit spacey at times too but I had to come around to her way of thinking on Kial.  Which is why I'm now known as Lurkg01.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Because you created this thread?

This belongs in Around the Association. 

giphy.gif

Sorry little lady but if @NBASupes can trash our actual good big man in Howard for his fan boy heart throb in Horford non stop then this most definitely should stay in Homecourt.

• Like 1

When Supes talks about Hawks basketball and doesn't mention Alice, I'm like....

tumblr_lyf7auMC7k1rn95k2o1_250.gif

When he mentions something in a post and brings up Al I'm like.....

mUl3pl2.gif

It's ok, sometimes we get unhealthy infatuations with some of these players (i.e. Diesel and Joe Johnson) and the emotions cause us to not think straight.  It will fade over time.

13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Y'all made a thread just for kicks on me. Cool!

Well see that's kinda the problem with you isn't it?  It's always about Supers (and what Supers wants), never about the Hawks.

Boo Yeah

• Moderators
4 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

"He does all the little things that don't show up on the stat sheet"

Case in point.

I've got this on loop all day! :)

EDIT: As far as "little things," ya gotta love how IT yanked down Harrell to free Al up for that miss!

~lw3

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I've got this on loop all day! :)

EDIT: As far as "little things," ya gotta love how IT yanked down Harrell to free Al up for that miss!

~lw3

Personally, I was moved by the blatant travel that went uncalled but that's just me.

On Monday, December 05, 2016 at 2:57 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Why you letting Supes bug you,  he thinks that Al is better than Karl Malone. I've had many a battle with him on this and realized he as an unnatural love affair with Al.  So you take what he says with a grain of salt.

Would you say Bud has an unnatural love for Dennis? Lol.

17 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

When Supes talks about Hawks basketball and doesn't mention Alice, I'm like....

tumblr_lyf7auMC7k1rn95k2o1_250.gif

When he mentions something in a post and brings up Al I'm like.....

mUl3pl2.gif

It's ok, sometimes we get unhealthy infatuations with some of these players (i.e. Diesel and Joe Johnson) and the emotions cause us to not think straight.  It will fade over time.

@kg01 had unhealthy infatuation with Anthony "pig" Miller in 1996-98 and again in 2004. When anyone asked the Kang(king gimp)why Pig though, he always responded with..

"I love the way he shakes his rump and maintains that toothpick in his mouth." 

• Premium Member

What bothers me the most about it is the guy ain't coming back. The team tried to keep him. Any normal reaction as a fan would be to either hate the guy or at least stop caring about him as anything other than some random dude on another team.

But no, we got to hear from supes (not a peep during the 9-2 start I might add) about how Horford, the Mighty Horford, would single handedly be winning these games for us and that big mean Dwight Howard just isn't good.

He's not coming back supes. Move on. If you like him that much go be a Celtics fan.

• Like 3

On 12/5/2016 at 2:57 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Why you letting Supes bug you,  he thinks that Al is better than Karl Malone. I've had many a battle with him on this and realized he as an unnatural love affair with Al.  So you take what he says with a grain of salt.

Yeah but the grain of salt thing is so dangerous to us high blood pressure fogies. Kinda like that absolutely delicious pork that I pine so often over as opposed to Al's presence in a Hawk's uniform. Better than Karl is pretty entertaining though. Wow.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

What bothers me the most about it is the guy ain't coming back. The team tried to keep him. Any normal reaction as a fan would be to either hate the guy or at least stop caring about him as anything other than some random dude on another team.

But no, we got to hear from supes (not a peep during the 9-2 start I might add) about how Horford, the Mighty Horford, would single handedly be winning these games for us and that big mean Dwight Howard just isn't good.

He's not coming back supes. Move on. If you like him that much go be a Celtics fan.

Oh man, you know sh*t done got real if Soth is callin' dudes out.

Agreed though.  Nothing wrong with wishing a guy's still here.  But, at the end of the day, he's not.  Taking shots at the guy who wanted to be here as a means of praising the guy who desperately wanted to be gone, is unacceptable.