• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking up.

Diesel

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Did anybody notice that the Spurs team that we just beat ... Killed the Raptors?

I think we have some quality wins but we just need to put it all together.  It takes time people. 

Raptors have been struggling beating the good teams. Last I saw 1-8 or something like that.

27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Dwight deserves some serious praise. He had three actual complaints from the haters:

Free throws

Setting screens

Turnovers

He is shooting (for him) a staggeringly high amount of free throws for the last month plus, he has been setting much better screens on offense for the last month plus and has cut his turnovers down to almost nothing. He also hasn't had any of those brain dead moments with a bad pass or goofy turnover in a month plus.

So will any of the haters actually give him credit for working on the three biggest issues he had early in the season?

Count me as a hater of the ghastly turnovers and the lazy screen setting.

I give him credit for being a more active and timely screener.

I didn't have a major freethrow issue, i took it at face value. He has been making more than he misses. And he's made a few late in games which is even better.

12 hours ago, Diesel said:

Did anybody notice that the Spurs team that we just beat ... Killed the Raptors?

I think we have some quality wins but we just need to put it all together.  It takes time people. 

I agree Diesel. We revamped quite a few pieces this off season and are still able to beat some teams that on current paper we should be getting blown out by.

Howard always shows up for big games and that my friend is leadership by example. Dennis and Sap are not wall flowers by any stretch. Our team will continue to learn and feed off those three guys all season.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I think that when you watch our team, we're starting to mesh a little better.   Players are getting comfortable with their roles.   I hate that we have these trade rumors now... because that tends to break up Chemistry.  The fan base is going to always be sometimy with the Hawks. However, I think that we have a better core than we have had before and our bench is not bad.  I think that when we play elites, they can't easily count us out as in times before because they know that we're fit for the fight.  This may be a championship quality year and a championship quality team, but we're late bloomers. 

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Sothron said:

Dwight deserves some serious praise. He had three actual complaints from the haters:

Free throws

Setting screens

Turnovers

He is shooting (for him) a staggeringly high amount of free throws for the last month plus, he has been setting much better screens on offense for the last month plus and has cut his turnovers down to almost nothing. He also hasn't had any of those brain dead moments with a bad pass or goofy turnover in a month plus.

So will any of the haters actually give him credit for working on the three biggest issues he had early in the season?

I don't like to quote myself but I find it funny the #AgendaHawksFans have been strangely silent about calling out Dwight. Interesting that only JayBird was willing to give Dwight any credit for working on his issues.

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

I don't like to quote myself but I find it funny the #AgendaHawksFans have been strangely silent about calling out Dwight. Interesting that only JayBird was willing to give Dwight any credit for working on his issues.

:curtsey:

• Moderators

At the beginning of the season there was concern about Dwight picking up bad fouls and being in foul trouble a lot.   That hasn't happened at all really.   I find myself mostly watching Dwight on offense for some reason.   I feel like he has much more to offer on offense but as long as we're winning i'm happy.   

I agree that this team should be a stronger playoff team in years past.   Rebounding and defense is there.   But 3 point shooting is still very questionable and we aren't making a deep run without it.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sothron said:

Free throws

Setting screens

Turnovers

He needs to keep up the good work. I like it. 

• Like 2

We are playing better defense...........

The Hawks have played much better defense of late, especially during the four-game win streak. Schröder said the Hawks veterans, including Millsap, went to Budenholzer about returning to a more aggressive push defense.

Budenholzer listened.

“We changed a little bit on defense,” Schröder said. “We are pushing again like we did the last three years and it was successful. Coach told us what we can change. And we were talking to him a little bit. From now on, everything is aggressive. Coach listened to Paul and other veterans. I think that’s what great coaches do, listen to their players.

The scheme is more aggressive.

“I think we caused them problems by getting up in them and not let them get comfortable with what they want to do,” Millsap said.

I've noticed there's been a return to the old defense that had aggressive hedging and trapping. That can work but is even riskier now without a mobile center and in all honesty unless a bunch of guys get much quicker legs to help with their rotations, this solution that the Hawks have is still not flying at all in playoff time unless they catch a team that can't shoot again...

I could see a recovery to similar to last season if January is taken advantage of (and I don't even mean an undefeated month). We're only 2 games off of that already. But that's probably the max that we're going to see.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I've noticed there's been a return to the old defense that had aggressive hedging and trapping. That can work but is even riskier now without a mobile center and in all honesty unless a bunch of guys get much quicker legs to help with their rotations, this solution that the Hawks have is still not flying at all in playoff time unless they catch a team that can't shoot again...

I could see a recovery to similar to last season if January is taken advantage of (and I don't even mean an undefeated month). We're only 2 games off of that already. But that's probably the max that we're going to see.

It helps that it's Bazemore and Thabo and not Bazemore at the 3 and Kyle. 

• Like 1