KK to the Cavaliers

SalvorMallow

I have mixed feelings about this, but we give Kyle a shot at a ring, pick up an extra pick and free up space for Prince. All good for me, though I wish he went to the Spurs instead of the Cavs.

Edit: Also, that Cavs pick... I'll just say that anything can happen in two-three years. Lebron ain't gonna be the same then, could be a pick in the #20 range which isn't useless.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Time for the Blazers to revv up their 2018 First-Round Pick Appreciation Thread.

Did this need to happen (consecutive 1sts rule) in order for the Hawks' deal to go through?

EDIT: Okay, there it is. I'm slow. When is this inch of snow coming?

~lw3

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Agree 100%.  We don't know what this means until the next domino falls.

Here is my issue with this.  What changed since the beginning of the year to this point for this.  

What changed, a few thoughts:

1. We started 9-2, then  loss 7 straight,  the  win one,  lose one until recently when we won 5 straight?

2. The trade discussions probably started sometime in the losing streak and the struggles.

3. Kyle moving to the bench

4. THjr showed he had a pulse.  Bembry and Prince impressing in practice?

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Am I the only one who noticed the pick is only "Top 10" protected? If it's 11th (fat chance I know), it's ours. So Hawks just dealt KK for a possible lottery pick in '19. I said possible...

C-Viv's presentation was confusing (as usual) , so I was unsure.  

He should have written a 1st round pick (top 10 lottery protected)

1 hour ago, Dnice said:

15871797_1175478359167164_61736627095054

one-does-not-simply-stop-being-the-lonel

• Moderators

Y'all mind if we borrow him for one more game, Cleveland? Just for old times sake, you know.

(Alas, Kyle would have to catch a late flight, though, and Southwest ain't going nowhere tomorrow due to Sleetmageddon)

~lw3

IMG_7826.PNG

Just now, lethalweapon3 said:

Y'all mind if we borrow him for one more game, Cleveland? Just for old times sake, you know.

(Alas, Kyle would have to catch a late flight, though, and Southwest ain't going nowhere tomorrow due to Sleetmageddon)

~lw3

Jinx buy me a Coke ...at this point but me a triple gentleman jack lol

• Moderators

Question on the pick we get from Cleveland:  Do we have the option to pass on the pick in 2019 if it is too high or are we forced to take it?  I've seen something about an option we might have.  I like the top 10 protection so much better if we can choose between the two years!  If that is the case, I am all on board for this trade from a value standpoint and my only sour taste is helping Lebron towards another ring.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Question on the pick we get from Cleveland:  Do we have the option to pass on the pick in 2019 if it is too high or are we forced to take it?  I've seen something about an option we might have.  I like the top 10 protection so much better if we can choose between the two years!  If that is the case, I am all on board for this trade from a value standpoint and my only sour taste is helping Lebron towards another ring.

I don't see  why the option wouldn't be up to the Hawks.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't see  why the option wouldn't be up to the Hawks.

Because the Cavs wouldn't want us to have an option.  But I am hopeful that is the case.  Being able to kick the can to 2020 if we don't like the 2019 pick greatly enhances this deal.

• Like 1

On Friday, January 06, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Sothron said:

I'm not sure we are rebuilding. Honestly trading Korver doesn't really make us worse than we are now. We play significantly better without him on the court than we do with him on

15 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

So now Birdman might be landing in or at least coming through Atlanta? Hadn't heard that before.

– via  joevardon

???   What happened to that boy?