• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KK to the Cavaliers

SalvorMallow

1 minute ago, GrimeyKidd said:

I wonder what 3rd team jumps in this trade. Has to be someone. 

I think I accidentally jinxed you this morning when I said you are the first to break the Hawks news lol...my apologies :-)

• Premium Member

You guys...cmon now. Korver is done. He'll look good in Cle because they'll only highlight his open threes that Lebron, Love and Irving will get him and not talk about his horrible defensive play at this point in his career. I hate that we made a conference rival stronger but Cle was the only team offering a first round pick even if its a crappy one. We flipped an expiring 37  year old player who can't guard anyone for at least some kind of potential first rounder. It isn't the greatest trade in the world but it at least makes us better long term.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Plastic Man said:

Oh yes, 5-0! Now we'll be undefeated with Baze getting more touches. I'm glad the Cavs are tanking by trading for Korver. 

I'm not in "sky-is-falling" mode, but sending him to the Cavs is sickening. Anybody but the Cavs...

Fixed

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You guys...cmon now. Korver is done. He'll look good in Cle because they'll only highlight his open threes that Lebron, Love and Irving will get him and not talk about his horrible defensive play at this point in his career. I hate that we made a conference rival stronger but Cle was the only team offering a first round pick even if its a crappy one. We flipped an expiring 37  year old player who can't guard anyone for at least some kind of potential first rounder. It isn't the greatest trade in the world but it at least makes us better long term.

They will be grateful for him playing a Steve Kerr like role for them.  He'll spread the floor and be super efficient scoring the ball.   Kerr couldn't defend either but they will stick him on the other team's worst offensive wing and he will fit in just fine.  

As far as his value, I'm sure this was the only first offered now.  Teams usually save their assets until the trade deadline and it is time to $&$ or get off the pot.  Cleveland had an injury now and they know they are true contenders at near zero risk of falling out of contention so that is why they were willing to engage for anything more than 'ripoff' value.  Other teams need not pony up to the bar just yet. They can see who else is on the market, where their team is then, etc. and only then will they be willing to gamble.

Please post when someone sees how protected this is.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

They will be grateful for him playing a Steve Kerr like role for them.  He'll spread the floor and be super efficient scoring the ball.   Kerr couldn't defend either but they will stick him on the other team's worst offensive wing and he will fit in just fine.  

As far as his value, I'm sure this was the only first offered now.  Teams usually save their assets until the trade deadline and it is time to $&$ or get off the pot.  Cleveland had an injury now and they know they are true contenders at near zero risk of falling out of contention so that is why they were willing to engage for anything more than 'ripoff' value.  Other teams need not pony up to the bar just yet. They can see who else is on the market, where their team is then, etc. and only then will they be willing to gamble.

Please post when someone sees how protected this is.

I have to think BudCox has been kicking the tires around the league for a while now for Korver trade value and that's the best deal they could find.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I have to think BudCox has been kicking the tires around the league for a while now for Korver trade value and that's the best deal they could find.

The trade deadline is 6 weeks away. S--- hasn't gotten real yet.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think waiting for the trade deadline till the last second is overrated. Teams have been doing that forever and I think it's just hype. Teams don't always get a better deal by waiting until the last second. That's just silly.

3 hours ago, AHF said:

This is why I think this deal was to acquire the extra 1st rounder and cap space. I am thinking that there are going to be sellers on the market come the deadline and the Hawks will be able to use their expirings (or Millsap's salary) plus the 2 1st rounders we are owed to completely remake the roster. This trade brought Atlanta a very marketable asset in that late 1st round pick. Late 1st rounders are barely more than a vet minimum salary. In Today's NBA, that salary savings can be huge. There will be more than one team asking for that asset in trade at the deadline. 

With this deal, Atlanta is now owed 3 - 2nd rounders and 2 - 1st rounders in the next 3 drafts and only owe 1 - 2nd rounder to SA. We have assets, assets other teams need, while having a few developing young core players.  Next year we currently only have 8 players under contract, including Sap's opt out $21 million for a total of $84 million committed and a cap of $102 million. This is why I am thinking they may make over the roster before next year. We currently have 6 expiring contracts totaling $21 million.  $21 million in expirings + 5 extra draft picks = a whole lot of buying at the deadline. I think the KK deal in part is to create a few million more dollars in room to pick up other people's salary.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Plastic Man said:

If you don't see Korver's value, you are the laughingstock.

Lmao an ancient one dimensional player that's always been a non factor when it really mattered? Wow I bet u cried when Josh left lmao

Knew about the wins with Kyle on the bench but didn't realize it was this big of a difference.

I should note that Atlanta has been 13.8 points per 100 possessions better with Korver on the bench this season, according to NBA.com/Stats. While it's hard to believe that offensive improvement with Korver sitting is anything but noise, it's possible the defensive upgrade is more permanent.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/kyle-korver-cavs-title-chances/story?id=44590388

• Like 4

If Bud only would have listened to lots of us and use Kyle as a 6th man since last season... This would have fitted his age with decreased minutes and his defensive problems wouldn't have been exposed as much against bench players. Kyle really seems to be a great and loyal person and should have been offered a job as assistant coach after this season. Can anybody think about a better shooting coach?

I really doubt it was a good move to sell him for practically the 1st 2nd round pick 2019

I don't know how this will work out. 

If they send Millsap away for some picks or young players Dwight and Dennis may be embarrassed and angry. Dwight because he get another team than he was offered in offseason and Dennis because he might be pissed about signing a relative low contract, what players do to play on at least good teams but not to play on teams in tank mode. Dennis is ambitious and would hate it to play for a scrub team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Kyle really seems to be a great and loyal person and should have been offered a job as assistant coach after this season. Can anybody think about a better shooting coach?

May very well happen but he is going to have this sixth man deep ball role for a while first. Certainly a good idea.