• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KK to the Cavaliers

SalvorMallow

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, hazer said:

You realize Moose is shooting 45% from deep this year and 40% career, right?

Moose does a great job on low volume wide open 3's.  He isn't the guy spacing your floor or bringing the thunder from deep.  He averages less than 1 made 3 per game.

• Like 1

• Moderators

This seems really disruptive to a team starting to play well just to nap a very late pick in 2 years.   His salary is a bargain and he certainly provides some leadership.  Other than getting Kyle a shot at a ring I'm just not seeing the logic in this if this is the only move.   And if there is much more to come then that potentially will suck too unless it involves flipping this pick and some dead weight for a legit wing.  

• Like 1

Just now, lethalweapon3 said:

I'm still holding out for a photocopier as part of the final deal.

~lw3

No! Lighting does not occur twice...lol

Was it the Nets that sent that printer to Philly...oh prolly philly to Nets ..

Can a photocopier shoot 3's ???

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Here's another thing.  I think Kyle was actually a crutch or "safety net" for Bud.  He was almost trying to force feed Kyle into games, even when he was ineffective, just to have that shooting threat out on the floor.  

A lot of people thought that Kyle was the key to our entire offensive attack from a spacing standpoint, because you always have to have a guy near him at the 3 point line.   Bud probably thought that too.   But as the Hawks played better and better WITHOUT Kyle on the floor, it became apparent that we really don't need him as much as people believed.

Also, Bud had to "hide" Korver on defense, or give him help.  If he didn't, teams salivated when players went ISO against Kyle.  Like other have said, he hasn't been the same defensively, since Delly took him out in the 2015 playoffs.

I honestly want the Hawks to stay put with the moves right now.  Let's see how this team plays the next couple of weeks.  And let's see if Bud gives more time to the rookies, specifically Prince.

The other thing that was encouraging about last night, is that Bud didn't stick with Bazemore long, who had another subpar game.   Even with Korver not active, Baze only played 21 minutes.   Thabo got extended minutes ( and was +14 by the way . . . which was my assertion last night about who the REAL X-factor on this team is ), and Bembry gave us a very solid 14 minutes with 6 points and decent defense.  

So I really want to see a scenario in which the rookies get ALL of Kyle's 28 minutes, with the most minutes going to the guy who may be playing the best.

I would love to see a wing rotation like this:

SG - Baze ( 24 ) - Hardaway Jr ( 22 ) - Bembry ( 2 )

SF - Thabo ( 26 ) - Prince ( 14 ) - Bembry ( 8 )

If someone is balling, extend their minutes.

Great post and I like the minutes structure and then see where it goes. We would be better prepared for the playoffs with that.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2017.html

Look at the injury report part of that list.   Apparently, Mo Williams is looking to reach a buyout agreement, and then retire.  He hasn't reported to the Cavs all year.  I thought he was just hurt.

So we'll get Mo, buy him out, and possibly keep Dunleavy?

Interesting.

( edit ) - For the record though, if they keep Dunleavy, he should be right back in the position he was with the Cavs . . . at the end of the bench.   At 36 years old, there's no way he should be getting playing time over the young rookies.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

Am I the only one who noticed the pick is only "Top 10" protected? If it's 11th (fat chance I know), it's ours. So Hawks just dealt KK for a possible lottery pick in '19. I said possible...

• Like 3