• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE TRADE DEADLINE - February 23rd at 3:00PM

9 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Spud and KG (left to right in this clip) will show up at Bud's house all like "Is this your trade deadline homework Bud?"

nF-oSB.gif

The Spud will move to the driveway

giphy.gif

If we don't make a major trade, can I punch macd in the stomach?  Anybody?

13 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Saw where Lakers said they are trying to get a 2nd for Nick Young.  Anyone have interest in him?  I still think this team needs an upgrade at the 2 and 3 plus a backup PG. 

I'm torn on Swaggy P. I wanna say yeah cause he'd be a nice player off the bench and then I wonder if he could operate in our system

19 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Saw where Lakers said they are trying to get a 2nd for Nick Young.  Anyone have interest in him?  I still think this team needs an upgrade at the 2 and 3 plus a backup PG. 

For a 2nd, hell to the yes. Shooting 41% from 3 and 85% from the stripe this year. eFG% approaching 60%. There's some offense...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

And you know that no one has a better 2nd than the Brooklyn 2nd we own so I'm looking at it as he's a Hawk IF Bud wants him. 

Casual ATL fans would eat Swaggy P up.

Honestly, I'd rather not give up the Brooklyn 2nd for Swaggy. I don't think adding Nick Young and Ersan Ilyasova really moves the needle for us. Will it help us win a 1st rounder? Definitely. Will it help us get to the ECF? Probably not. I would rather not give up a valuable future asset in the BKN 2nd for a 2month rental of Nick Young where we likely see the same result in the playoffs regardless of whether he is on the team or not.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

And you know that no one has a better 2nd than the Brooklyn 2nd we own so I'm looking at it as he's a Hawk IF Bud wants him. 

He does not fit into Buds offensive scheme on passing the ball.  I think that is some of the problems with the Hawks this year.  Our offensive scheme is not built for one on one play.  When we won 60 games we really passed the ball and shot very well from 3, that is budball.

41 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Raptors about to give up a first rounder for PJ Tucker...we need to go and try to get Tyson Chandler!!!

T-minus 4.5 hours folks!

Send them Brooklyn's 2nd, but I'm not sure how we'd match salaries. Even if we send Hump and Scott, it doesn't work...