• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sixers are finalizing a trade to Ersan Ilyasova to Atlanta for Tiago Splitter and two second-round picks, league sources tell @TheVertical.

GameTime

Just now, hawkman said:

Baze is still on the roster though. Anything can happen between now and the deadline. I'm looking at you Bud.

Problem with Baze is his contract is a big negative. I feel like you need to add AT LEAST a first rounder just to make a team take that contract. So you're already starting way behind when trying to do a blockbuster trade for someone like PG.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

On the priority list, replacing Mike Scott was #3 for me.

But it is at least on the priority list.

Slight overpay to my mind for what will be 25 games plus post-season... and like Banking said, Splitter's contract was an asset for something more substantial.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Also to note... This basically limits any blockbuster trade for the Hawks since Splitter was a crucial piece in terms of matching salary.

Bye bye Paul George rumor.... we hardly knew ya.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hope this isn't a signal that this is the level of move we are making but fully not surprised if it is.

Well we basically got a decent player for a couple of meh 2nd rounders, and one of those is apparently just swapping 2nd rounders.  I really didn't realize he was producing like he is this year.  He is better than I thought he was.  He would be the third leading scorer and third leading rebounder on our team.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I like the move. He can score, we get rid of Splitter and keep the Brooklyn second round pick. We still need a backup PG and C though.

I think Illy can be our PF/C. Remember Bud thinks those two positions are interchangeable. Say Goodbye to Moose's minutes though.

• Like 2

Very solid move. I wonder how many more teams were after Ilyasova. Dude is having a solid year. As long as we are not swapping the Nets pick im good

And great news to get Splitter the F out of here. Dude couldn't even play but was questioning other guys toughness this past summer.  GTFO

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, GameTime said:

I think Illy can be our PF/C. Remember Bud thinks those two positions are interchangeable. Say Goodbye to Moose's minutes though.

Yeah he does like them, but I'm worried he still sees Moose as our backup C..

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Wouldn't go that far myself. He may share small-ball C duties with Sap and Hump, but until a deal is made for a legit back-up C, Moose is getting his share of back-up C minutes.