• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You think Bud could persuade Rose to come to Atlanta as a backup?

JTB

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18986853/derrick-rose-says-winning-top-money-free-agency

D Rose latest espn article seem to show he has his head on straight. At first he was making public comments about wanting another Max contract but clearly he has come to his senses and knows that no team in the NBA is that desperate to give him a max deal lol....anyways he's just stating that he cares nothing about the money and just wants to win at this point.

So squawk I'm wondering if there's any possibility that Rose would actually consider a backup point guard position?

I do know he's been injury prone (stating the obvious) but I can't lie, if I were a GM or Budcox in particular and Rose is actually being genuine about not putting so much emphasis on the amount of money he will make, I'd highly consider him to lead our bench unit.

1 hour ago, JTB said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18986853/derrick-rose-says-winning-top-money-free-agency

D Rose latest espn article seem to show he has his head on straight. At first he was making public comments about wanting another Max contract but clearly he has come to his senses and knows that no team in the NBA is that desperate to give him a max deal lol....anyways he's just stating that he cares nothing about the money and just wants to win at this point.

So squawk I'm wondering if there's any possibility that Rose would actually consider a backup point guard position?

I do know he's been injury prone (stating the obvious) but I can't lie, if I were a GM or Budcox in particular and Rose is actually being genuine about not putting so much emphasis on the amount of money he will make, I'd highly consider him to lead our bench unit.

No plus there's better options out there like Mack, Collison and Jennings.

If we're bringing in someone to backup at point guard I rather it be a point guard and not a one on one guy like Rose. Remember one game this season the Knicks won a game when he had six or seven assists and he was bubbling all over himself talking about how he was finding his teammates everywhere on the floor, fairly low standard for bragging about one game there. Still to this day doesn't understand that his role on the floor is to be a floor general and not to worry about his own stats and lower his head and drive like a bull in a china shop. 

How many GMs are actually drooling over or even give a flip about a future with Rose on their team. Don't believe his options are all that anymore, baggage equals risk.  

Geeezzzz I mean for a cheap deal I'm shocked you all aren't interested in him . If he would come at the right price I'd take him to come off our bench .....I guess the backup pg market isn't looking so great to me.

Edited by JTB

Honestly I feel like we're more than likely his top destination and rightfully so I mean look at our situation in comparison to his and see it logically...

1.We have the 2nd longest NBA playoff appearance streak in the league behind SAS and they're definitely not gonna need him. Plus he wants to win... 

2.Were in desperate need of backup PG help and he provides that for sure. 

3.DS17 is damn near the same player he was before he got to his MVP level of play and D-Rose could help in his development. 

4.He's another one of those "big name" guys that Bud likes lobbying for and he'd definitely make this team more marketable. 

5.We have the best facilities in the NBA for health and recovery and the evidence is clear cut considering Dwight has nearly played every game this season and we've had NO major injuries since Horford in 2014. 

Any way you look at it D-Rose could very well be a Hawk next season. 

17 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

3.DS17 is damn near the same player he was before he got to his MVP level of play and D-Rose could help in his development. 

I don't see D-Rose providing any mentorship/development to a player that is ahead of him on the roster. He wants to play and he wants to be a starter. In fact, do we even really want Rose's mentorship/development - if you can even call it that?

• Like 1