• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder appreciation thread

StephenHawking

No, Dennis is bad.  Brang bak Teague!!

Kidding, however, some folks still feel this way for some odd reason.  I ain't callin' no names ... *cough* @Peoriabird *cough*

I really like watching him play.  Sure there are some things he could do better but one thing's for sure, he ain't a-feared of the moment like some guys.

His only misstep, if true, was suggesting to Wall that he should work with him in the offseason.  Not the time or place, again, if he truly asked Wall that.

vor 5 Minuten, kg01 sagte:

Kidding, however, some folks still feel this way for some odd reason.  I ain't callin' no names ... *cough* @Peoriabird *cough*

I really like watching him play.  Sure there are some things he could do better but one thing's for sure, he ain't a-feared of the moment like some guys.

His only misstep, if true, was suggesting to Wall that he should work with him in the offseason.  Not the time or place, again, if he truly asked Wall that.

Imo it was a great move to distract Wall. I mean Wall gets fueled by his hate. Dennis on the other hand just by the moment/matchup. It could easily aleviate Walls aggression.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lies...I have never suggested bringing back Teague...Not once!  I love Prince!  I think that Prince will easily be an All Star if not more!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Lies...I have never suggested bringing back Teague...Not once!  I love Prince!  I think that Prince will easily be an All Star if not more!

You're right, you never said you wanted Teague bak (as far as I know).  You did, however, lament how supposedly everybody used to hate on Teague.  I took a leap from there.  Consider yourself collateral damage'd.

• Premium Member

Notice when Dennis puts up big numbers Hawks lose?  The second unit runs buds offense and gets the Hawks back in to the game.  Dennis has never run Buds system, he is a gunner and takes others out of the offense.

Not a Dennis fan.  He is no where near a top 3 PG in this league imo.

Fire away......

• Like 2

I love the maturation of Dennis. I think this is awesome because outside of Mookie, I haven't trusted any of our point guards in about 27 years so..

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dennis as a top 5 point guard in the next 3 years in the NBA.

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Dennis has improved a lot. He has the alpha attitude that Jeff severely lacked. The only gripe I have with him at this point is he doesn't really create for others and facilitate like you'd like from your PG. a lot of those  guys on Washingtons squad are nothing without Wall. Wall makes his teammates better, Dennis doesn't.....YET. Great signs from a first year starter though. I think he'll eventually reach the PG conversations Jeff couldn't 

He's more Stephon Marbury than a true floor general. But I always say if you can't run a team as a PG you better be able to do other things well. Schro flat out puts the ball in the basket and will pass to an open man. He also doesn't back down from the moment, for better or worse. He's limited his turnovers and has provided much needed scoring during this series and that's all we can reasonably ask at this point in his development. I loved Starbury by the way.

• Like 3

This whole series has basically been what I'm saying. It's not that Dennis isn't passing, it's that he's not going to do it when he's inside and I'm not sure that he's even playing PNR much with Dwight. Before we start, when Dennis almost completely discarded the idea of passing to Dwight much the first time several months ago, it was when the Hawks got out of that first major slump.

I mean Dennis basically announced that the Wiz deny the PNR pass and he's nervous about passing while inside due to it. He had a counter to it in game 3 that worked (the Dwight and 1 was a modified PNR play and then the play where Millsap slipped inside is another PNR play), but it was such an easy and lame counter that he needed to try something else, and he did in game 4 and it didn't work, partially because Dwight has bad hands. At least one of his passes was fine on a play where Dwight was rolling and Dwight just fumbled the dang pass.

Hate to say it, but Dennis would be so much more effective with a stretch 5 who can move and screen...not going to say his name and hope he tears another titty. And I really thought Dwight was going to turn it on in the playoffs....but again, hate to say it, but I'm starting to think his signing was a mistake (at his price). I know I know...his rebounding and paint protection has been great, but what we give up on offense and defensive PnR, Dwight's impact is greatly reduced. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Hate to say it, but Dennis would be so much more effective with a stretch 5 who can move and screen...not going to say his name and hope he tears another titty. And I really thought Dwight was going to turn it on in the playoffs....but again, hate to say it, but I'm starting to think his signing was a mistake (at his price). I know I know...his rebounding and paint protection has been great, but what we give up on offense and defensive PnR, Dwight's impact is greatly reduced. 

When you only have one play that a PG can use on PNR, it's easily taken away.

3 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Let's appreciate Dennis effort throughout this PO series. 

Hes playing arguably the best PG in the east, a top 3 PG in the league and has no business to hold his own against Wall. 

I mean you can't even tell who played better throughout the series so far.

It gives me a lot of hope for the coming season. If he trains hard maybe even with Wall or Irving he is maybe able to convert his PO performances to the next regular season. He still has great potential particularly in his 3ball  (which usually gets better throughout the years) and facilitating the ball. 

This is the Dennis I was expecting to show up all this season based on what I've seen from him in the playoffs in the past.

I criticized Bud for resigning him early which cuts into this summer's cap space but now it's looking like a bargain.

He'd easily be a max contract player this summer.

• Like 4