• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thanks Celtics

Trout7

It would only be right for Ainge to move/walk Thomas.  The kings are inept enough to pay him.  I heard something like $40 mil a year for a 30 year old who is dead last in the NBA in defensive efficiency.  These contracts are criminal, seriously.  They're already set to pay a soft role player $28 million next year.  A contender can't have 2 horrendous contracts (see Hawks).  It seems almost physically impossible being down by fiddy in a home playoff game but they did that.

The transitive property doesn't work in any way in sports. C's were a better matchup for the Hawks than the Wizards...one reason why being....while I've constantly s*** on him, Howard destroys Horford historically.

I'm not saying the Hawks would've won that hypothetical series though, they still would have had to have gone out and do what they have rarely done in their history as an underdog and won at least one road game (preferably early), but I think we see the same result we saw in the semis, a seven game series.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Alex said:

Sure the Hawks could have given a better fight except they couldn't beat the Wizards...

I'm with Alex in spirit on this.... God knows, the reality is we complained routinely here throughout this season about the team seeming to give up early.

Otoh, for whatever reason, we did just the opposite when we played CLE in the regular season, and particularly those last couple of games of course. Would it have translated to the post-season? Dunno. I'd like to think so, but dunno.

• Like 1

Tristian still owns horford. Doesn't matter what team it is it's just a fact. 

Millsap,Horford, Howard is better than Isaiah & Horford. 

You need a good big man rotation to deal with the cavs. Olynk has one good game and now he's being relied on defensively. Celtics are a mess and they lost the small ball game vs the cavs simply because the cavs and Warriors can do both small ball and big ball with technically the same exact starting line up.

i believe if the Hawks could have had all 3 (horford, Sap, Howard) we would have figured out a defensive matchup to challenge the cavs. Probably would still get swept depending on how offense goes but we'd definitely be in the games I believe .

we still need Howard for situations like this because we will run into some insane drivers but at the same time we need our al horford back. We would have easily had a top big man rotation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sturt said:

But having lost Thomas gives them a huge excuse, so I hate his injury in that way.

Too... like many of us, I don't like the guy, but he's still human, and I do feel for him... what a depressing few weeks this has been for him, first to lose his sister, and then to have this opportunity taken away from him. Life is very unfair sometimes.

He wouldn't make any difference though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

He wouldn't make any difference though.

Whether he would or wouldn't, the general perception imo is that he would... which makes it likely that that excuse will be used profusely by C fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flight said:

I'm not sure the Cavs could handle a Millsap-Horford-Dwight front court, we'd definitely compete with that trio. 

The Celtics deserve these L's though.

It upsets me that we didn't get that done looking back at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

The only good that's going to come out of this sweep, is that the Hawks/Cavs ECF will no longer be the worst ECF I've ever seen. That's it.

Yep. That's really the only positive thing about them being swept. 

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tristan doesn't own Al, but LeBron sure does. Al would kill TT if LeBron wasn't there but as long as Bron is there, he will lose. 

That's arguable...(I didn't say I was gonna do it...).  :-|

This is a trap that's gonna lead back to a certain jazz player that delivered...even on Sundays...(sigh)

19 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

That's arguable...(I didn't say I was gonna do it...).  :-|

This is a trap that's gonna lead back to a certain jazz player that delivered...even on Sundays...(sigh)

Just look at the numbers. Without LeBron, Horford dominates Thompson but with LeBron, Thompson has got the better of Horford. 

http://stats.nba.com/vs/#!/?PlayerID=201143&VsPlayerID=202684&Season=2011-12&SeasonType=Regular Season