• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk: "The goal is to find another Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green"

GameTime

Our new GM is very interesting. Seem so nonsense and is saying all the right things. Can't wait to witness what he believes is a bad contract vs a player worth max money. in other words I can't wait to see if we trade Baze or Howard or both and if we decide to resign Sap or THJ at extremely high deals.

Being that no one really knows his intentions or can be certain of what his quotes truly means to him no one can really give a good prediction of what will happen this off season like we normally can.

of course no ones really ever knows what's  going to will happen but without knowing personality or traits of our new GM that's never had the role as the final decisions guy, predictions are kinda tough. Again Normally hawk fans can predict what will happen in the off season and usually we're right every blue moon we get a surprise ....anyways rumors for our team will be extremely interesting this year and may give us more insight on what type of GM we have.

THJ is a nice 6th man IMO. He can dribble and get buckets. Not a particularly great shooter (35% from 3, league average is 35.8%) , can make a nice pass on occasion but that's not really a strength of his, not good on defense. He's not really great in any area, but he can get hot at any time and score a bunch. 

I'd be ecstatic if Bembry suddenly developed into a ~38% 3 pt shooter because he'd be a great SG next to Dennis. He is nice on defense, great passer, moves well without the ball. Just can't shoot from deep at all. 

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not me. I'm hoping for a declining scale contract - less money as he ages.

Can't wait, lol!!

I'm glad u said this. I wonder if Paul would take a declining deal. I'd be all aboard for that why the Hawks continue to rebuild. I still believe sao will be a good player at 36. His game is not based on athletiscm.

I just don't want his cap hit to be 30+ million around this time.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

What a ground breaking statement. The Hawks need to draft young All Star / MVP caliber players while not overpaying for free agents. Why hasn't anyone else thought of this strategy to build a team? 

Oh and good to see every thread become about tanking and superstar players. It wouldn't be a proper Hawksquawk offseason without it.

Thanks Dolf, this is literally my posts every off-season since we traded Joe. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

Tim Hardaway Jr is Nick Young with a better personality. That's why so many have fallen in absolute love with him.

Better personality? Swaggy P has the best personality in the NBA. 

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Someone will.  There was no incentive for him to decline his $21 million option if there wasn't a chance for a pay raise.  He would have picked up his option then would have been able to extend his contract for an additional 3 years with the Hawks. 

The 5-6 players making that changes this offseason. Again Dwight is making $23 so why won't Sap get $25.  It's about how in demand he'll be.

Actually there is a reason.  If he plays this year and is hurt, declines, etc, his payday next year is significantly less.  If he Declines this year and resigns a 4 year deal starting at 20 million, he'd make $60 million more than his current contract. Waiting to sign a new deal is a bad bet. This is his last big contract, he needs to strike now.  He's a 20 to 25 million a year player right now.  That is what he should get. I agree with you though, more than $25 million and the Hawks should pass.

10 hours ago, AHF said:

@kg01

@Peoriabird

Let's clarify your bet.  Is the $25M for the first year of his contract or the minimum average salary for the next contract?  By way of example, if he gets a 4 year contract paying $24M, $26M, $28M, $30M for an average salary of $27M does KG win the bet because it averages over $25M or does PBird win the bet because it is a 2017-18 salary under $25M?

Freakin lawyers!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

Kawhi was just out of the lottery, and besides, both he and Butler are mainly SFs.

Manu...you got me there, but how rare is that?

My point is, Tim is done growing as a player most likely. He's a limited player. Bookmark this if you wish, but I'll go ahead and say it, last year will be his best year. Call me if he goes and averages 20 PPG on good numbers.

SHOOTING GUARDS that have suddenly shot up and maintained it. That's the catch.

Stephen Jackson - SG 43rd pick. averaged 3.9 points per game his second season in the league. Then 11.8 his 3rd season. Came to the Hawks year 4, averaged 18.1 ppg.  He played 14 nba seasons averaging 15 ppg for his career.  His first 3 and last 3 years he averaged 8 ppg. For year 4 through year 11 he averaged (approximately) 19 ppg.

Edited by thecampster

Jeff Hornacek 46th pick - first 3 years, 5, 9, 13 ppg.  Next 4 years 18.5 ppg.

There are about 50 more 2nd round SG's who had to learn the game years 1, 2, 3 and then became solid NBA starters for their career.  Or perhaps you would like to move the goal posts again.  Say maybe you meant, black Shooting Guards who are related to former players born between 1990 and 1995 with facial hair and less than 3 baby mamas....if that's the case, you got me.

• Like 2