• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This seems like a good stop to get off.......

HawkItus

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

Personally as long as ATL is on the jersey I support the home teams.  But, if a man were so disposed to let his team go, now is a good time.  There will most likely not be a player you are absolutely attached to in the coming season.  The basketball will most likely be below average.  Our incoming prospects will be underwhelming.   I guess what I'm saying is if anyone wants to quit now, I fully support your decision.  NO TAKE BACKS though.  If you publicly proclaim you are done and then we land a stud or trade for a game changer I will chide you into oblivion.  Nobody signs up for the misery we are likely in for, but it is how we earn our stripes as real fans.

TRUE2ATL

Like you said, its all about the Hawks jersey.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I'll be honest ... I still think we're a borderline playoff team next year, maybe even an 7-8th seed. We'll get some value signings to round out our depth and play fun basketball under Budenholzer. I hope.

I don't know man, we had some extended losing this year with two potential all-stars.  

• Like 3

I have been a fan a fan of basketball all my life.  Never been a die hard fan of any any NBA team and for the longest time I didn't really claim a team.  I root for the Hawks, but don't live and die with them.  Just like the Braves in that regard...although I was a die hard Braves fan for a long time and recently my love for baseball has died.  I honestly feel the same way for the NBA.  

Ha! I'm not giving up! My blood runs red, black, and yellowish-gold. Sometimes it runs red, white, blue, silver and/or volt. Shit is confusing, okay!

Nobody said being a Hawks fan would be easy!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Ha! I'm not giving up! My blood runs red, black, and yellowish-gold. Sometimes it runs red, white, blue, silver and/or volt. Shit is confusing, okay!

Nobody said being a Hawks fan would be easy!

Damn! You may wanna get your Dr to get you on the same "cocktail" he has @kg01 on to keep your viral load down. 

• Like 2

LOL . . I'm also a Bengals, a Vols, and a Reds fans . . . so being a Hawks fan is kinda easy.

My new position at work will free me up to go to a lot more games next year, if I choose.  But I'm not wasting money on a bad product . . unless they're playing another bad team and they can get a victory.  If they are below playoff level, I hope at least they're competitive at home and are over .500.  

If not, I'll pass on going to watch them live, until ownership makes the effort to put a solid team together.

Best case scenario for the Hawks, is if the kids gel, and play like Miami did last season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . I'm also a Bengals, a Vols, and a Reds fans . . . so being a Hawks fan is kinda easy.

My new position at work will free me up to go to a lot more games next year, if I choose.  But I'm not wasting money on a bad product . . unless they're playing another bad team and they can get a victory.  If they are below playoff level, I hope at least they're competitive at home and are over .500.  

If not, I'll pass on going to watch them live, until ownership makes the effort to put a solid team together.

Best case scenario for the Hawks, is if the kids gel, and play like Miami did last season.

I see people saying stuff like that and I wonder what the expectation is this year for Ressler and Schlenk who are just now taking over this mess and trying to fix it. What moves can they make to put together a solid team this year and set us up to be a contender next year? 

50 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

I actually really enjoy seeing the young guys play and develop. So I am all for rooting on Prince, Bembry and whoever we draft, along with Schröder.

I feel the same way.  Really enjoyed watching Josh Smith and Zaza develop even when we weren't winning.  Josh Smith's rookie season was one of his best.  He attacked the rim and aggressively blocked shots.  Too bad he fell in love with jumpers later in his career.

• Like 1

I remember Tom McMillan, Hawes, Roundfield, Nique and Rivers and Tree.  Hate Danny Biter Ainge.  

I still think we are going to suck this year.  I'm okay with it.  I will be pulling for a top 5 pick.

But I'd still like to get a few exciting young guys in this draft. 

BRING ON THE SUCK !

OR

ENDURE THE SUCK!

Hawk88

30 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I see people saying stuff like that and I wonder what the expectation is this year for Ressler and Schlenk who are just now taking over this mess and trying to fix it. What moves can they make to put together a solid team this year and set us up to be a contender next year? 

Trade for a disgruntled young player.