Hawks Cap Situation as of 7/3/17

thecampster

So I'm using Hoopshype here which shows Ryan Kelly still on our books at 1.6 million. I'll be subtracting that number. I am also going to ignore cap holds that shouldn't apply after the signing period actually begins. This includes the Tim Hardaway qualifying offer as he will either be a Hawk at a new number or will not be on the team.

So the Hawks Have 7 players (not including Hardaway) under contract. Also, Dunleavy's 1.6 million still counts.

Kent Bazemore $16,910,112        
Dennis Schröder $15,500,000        
Miles Plumlee $12,400,000        
Marco Belinelli $6,606,060        

Malcolm Delaney $2,500,000        
Taurean Prince $2,422,560        
John Collins $1,936,920        
Mike Dunleavy $1,600,000        

DeAndre Bembry $1,567,200        

Total - $58,107,145

This leaves them a theoretical $40,892,855 to spend.  Assuming the 2 2nd rounders and their stashed Euro make the roster, that's 3x560k each or 1.68 million more.

So we'll have 5 roster slots and $39.2 million to spend. I am going to say the Hawks offer either a solid contract to Nerlens Noel or Kelly Olynyk, Offer between 3-5 million per year for Bogdonvic.......sorry had to puke a bit before continuing typing and offer Hardaway $15 million/year to stay. I can also see them offering $6-$8 million to Illysova to stay.  And that would pretty much eat up the rest of their money.

• Like 1

Regarding Noel, does anyone know what Dallas' cap situation looks like?  Can they just match any offer the Hawks could make or is there a certain amount that they can't match given their cap?  I know they intend to resign Noel and Dirk as these are their two priorities so the only way Noel leaves Dallas is if a team sign him for more than Dallas can afford.  I'm not familiar with their situation so I don't know if that's even possible or if they will just match whatever any other team offers.  Does anyone know?

21 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Regarding Noel, does anyone know what Dallas' cap situation looks like?  Can they just match any offer the Hawks could make or is there a certain amount that they can't match given their cap?  I know they intend to resign Noel and Dirk as these are their two priorities so the only way Noel leaves Dallas is if a team sign him for more than Dallas can afford.  I'm not familiar with their situation so I don't know if that's even possible or if they will just match whatever any other team offers.  Does anyone know?

All the reports point to them matching any offers for Noel. Cuban has not lost a young good free agent since Nash. He learned his lesson from that one.

Edited by Buzzard

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

So I'm using Hoopshype here which shows Ryan Kelly still on our books at 1.6 million. I'll be subtracting that number. I am also going to ignore cap holds that shouldn't apply after the signing period actually begins. This includes the Tim Hardaway qualifying offer as he will either be a Hawk at a new number or will not be on the team.

So the Hawks Have 7 players (not including Hardaway) under contract. Also, Dunleavy's 1.6 million still counts.

Kent Bazemore $16,910,112        
Dennis Schröder $15,500,000        
Miles Plumlee $12,400,000        
Marco Belinelli $6,606,060        

Malcolm Delaney $2,500,000        
Taurean Prince $2,422,560        
John Collins $1,936,920        
Mike Dunleavy $1,600,000        

DeAndre Bembry $1,567,200        

Total - $58,107,145

This leaves them a theoretical $40,892,855 to spend.  Assuming the 2 2nd rounders and their stashed Euro make the roster, that's 3x560k each or 1.68 million more.

So we'll have 5 roster slots and $39.2 million to spend. I am going to say the Hawks offer either a solid contract to Nerlens Noel or Kelly Olynyk, Offer between 3-5 million per year for Bogdonvic.......sorry had to puke a bit before continuing typing and offer Hardaway $15 million/year to stay. I can also see them offering $6-$8 million to Illysova to stay.  And that would pretty much eat up the rest of their money.

You are dreaming with that one. Ten to Fifteen starting is my guess. If we get Bogdanvic for eight, he will be considered one of the steals of free agency.

Edited by Buzzard

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Bogan wants 15 mil per. 

We might have to sit this FA out. Bazemore level players getting 15 mil per just don't work

We might but from just being a pure shooter, Bojan is light years ahead of Baze. He has been shooting threes since he was teenager. He is not a one year wonder in that regard like Baze. Which is why he will get paid.

I understand being wary; but if possible, I would flip him for Bazemore and include a 2nd round pick in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

All the reports point to them matching any offers for Noel. Cuban has not lost a young good free agent since Nash. He learned his lesson from that one.

Quite likely, since they've paid him a couple of 2nd rounders.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/dallas-mavericks-team-salary/

2017-07-03_0930.png

We to be involved in all trades. Taking on bad contracts anything to get more assets and picks. Im almost to the point where i would let hardaway leave. If we are going to tank we need to do it correctly. But before i give Bogan 16m ill keep hardaway at  18m

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Am I the only one with no interest in Bogdan? He's too much of a chucker for my taste and he's probably not even average defensively. He doesn't seem to have hot streaks like elite shooters get either. 

No, you're not. I don't want Bog on this team.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Am I the only one with no interest in Bogdan? He's too much of a chucker for my taste and he's probably not even average defensively. He doesn't seem to have hot streaks like elite shooters get either. 

He will cost too much, and I have similar doubts about his defense.

• Like 2

I am fully expecting a big time overpay to keep Hardway around since this team needs to add salary to reach the 90% threshold to avoid a penalty.  

• Like 2