• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap-Related 3 way Sign-and-trade OFFICIAL (Updated)

GrimeyKidd

Schlenk you beautiful bald bastard! I knew you had it in you! 

27 minutes ago, JTB said:

Even though he's old I believe the right team will give us a late first for him

If only Cleveland had picks to give and money to spend. 

2 hours ago, DS5 said:

I read that Crawford doesn't want any part of Atlanta, so I say we flip him to Toronto for JYD and a first. We could come out of this with 2 firsts. 

That's some fine GM work to lose a guy who was leaving anyway and turn him into 2 first round picks and a 20 year old player. Shoot, what the Hawks have now is already some fine work by Schlenk. 

• Like 1

• Admin

Yes, if Barton is also included then this was a coup.

happy to get a pick and a guy for our development.  JC doesn't make sense here so hopefully a team with need of bench scoring will want him.  However, I predict he is bought out as most teams will not want to take on that salary

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, hazer said:

That we're getting anything for Sap is good work by The Colonel.

Disagree.

First, the alternative is to have that cap space and to be able to use it on one or more players of our choosing rather than players with contracts that we have to accept. This is what has been so mindless to me... people (not necessarily you, hazer) seemingly have wanted any player and his contract to come back to us just so it could be said "we got something in return for Sap." Rather, the truth is, we would have gotten something in return for Sap... it  just would come from the FA market.

Dang, I wish people would more universally get that. And, that cap space itself is a commodity. And, that when you lose a player like Sap, you automatically gain more of that commodity. And, that, in itself, goes to the positive side of the spreadsheet.

Second, on closer look, we aren't actually getting anything for Sap. It's more accurately and precisely that we're "getting something" for someone--LAC--to rent some cap space from us... and they get Gallo, of course. Cap space, that is, that we wouldn't be willing to rent if we weren't giving up Sap to DEN. So, it's a misnomer really to characterize this as "getting something out of Sap." We're getting something out of cap room that we have as a consequence of Sap leaving us, which he would be doing regardless.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, DS5 said:

I read that Crawford doesn't want any part of Atlanta, so I say we flip him to Toronto for JYD and a first. We could come out of this with 2 firsts. 

I'm confused. Are people taking this dream as a potential reality, or am I being punked? First, that Crawford would be worth a 1st to anyone at all, and second that even if he somehow were, LAC wouldn't have already made that deal for themselves(?).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm confused. Are people taking this dream as a potential reality, or am I being punked? First, that Crawford would be worth a 1st to anyone at all, and second that even if he somehow were, LAC wouldn't have already made that deal for themselves(?).

Toronto needs bench scoring. They want to get rid of DMC (JYD). They are in win now mode. Clippers wouldn't be able to take on Carroll's salary. What's to be confused about?