• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign & trade Milsap

wolvetigers

Well atleast we get a 1st rounder out of Milsap....Hawks appear to be going the 76ers route of stacking draft picks. 

"Can confirm reported proposed 3-way trade between ATL-DEN-LAC. Hawks: Jamal Crawford, Diamond Stone and 1st-round pick. Crawford won't play."

https://twitter.com/CVivlamoreAJC

Chris.jpg

Edited by wolvetigers

4 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Yup. But Jamal doesn't even want to get to Atlanta. LOL. I wonder why.

This franchise is something, really.

Jamal wants to win, not be apart of any rebuilding effort. We get a 1st round pick and a Center for Bud to develop. Now this is not exciting news, more of a relief that we got something back in return..

Rookie GM grade so far = C-

Edited by wolvetigers

Crawford is set to make $14 million this year. There is a very small number of teams that would be willing to take Crawford's salary considering he is not a starter and below average defender. If we are stuck with Crawford, we will be on the hook for a significant portion of the cap hit (most probably the difference between $14 million (for 2 years) and whatever he signs with another team for). That hit can be stretched over any number of 7 years but using the stretch provision is really not something you want to do in a rebuild as it hinders future dealing.

I am not a fan of this trade unless a trade partner can be found for Crawford that brings back young talent. The 1st rounder from Houston will most likely be between 25-30. This is not a great asset for taking on $28 million in salary. The trade-off is too great. Schlenk seems over-matched. I'll reserve judgement to see how the Crawford part works out but thus far I am not impressed.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Crawford is set to make $14 million this year. There is a very small number of teams that would be willing to take Crawford's salary considering he is not a starter and below average defender. If we are stuck with Crawford, we will be on the hook for a significant portion of the cap hit (most probably the difference between $14 million (for 2 years) and whatever he signs with another team for). That hit can be stretched over any number of 7 years but using the stretch provision is really not something you want to do in a rebuild as it hinders future dealing.

I am not a fan of this trade unless a trade partner can be found for Crawford that brings back young talent. The 1st rounder from Houston will most likely be between 25-30. This is not a great asset for taking on $28 million in salary. The trade-off is too great. Schlenk seems over-matched. I'll reserve judgement to see how the Crawford part works out but thus far I am not impressed.

A buyout is likely - unless our good friends in New York or 76ers help us out...

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

Crawford is essentially an expiring, final year is only partially guaranteed so there's no need to stretch.

Nothing to stretch.  Since the deal is only partially guaranteed (I saw the number of 3M) the cut price is much less than his salary which could make him an attractive trade piece for a team looking to shed salary.

• Like 3

So once again the Hawks are going to make a trade solely on the basis of bending over for that team.  I love the possibility of having another first round pick that falls outside the lottery.

54 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why do these folk continue to try to attack Schlenk without having all of their facts.  They were ready to burn him at the stake yesterday without seeing what will happen later. Then today he is involved in a trade that looks pretty good from our end.  The response from a team fan is that he is overmatched...A conclusion drawn from a poster who doesn't know the details of Crawford's contract.  I think this is a prime example of what Dolfan was saying yesterday.  The Atlanta fan is just different.

Will wait to see what the roster looks like at the end of the summer....He said we were not tanking yet all signs point to that...

3 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

YAY! Definitely NOT tanking!

3 hours ago, wolvetigers said:

LOL...yea our rookie GM needs to be honest with the fans...We are tanking...

11 minutes ago, wolvetigers said:

Will wait to see what the roster looks like at the end of the summer....He said we were not tanking yet all signs point to that...

Oh, is Schlenkholzer trading away Dennis and Prince for cheaper guys and picks? Hmmm, I missed that...

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Oh, is Schlenkholzer trading away Dennis and Prince for cheaper guys and picks? Hmmm, I missed that...

He hasn't made a single move that would help the team compete this year.  Look at the roster.  This is a tank job, and it is a definitive red mark on Travis Schlenk at this point.  I was hoping he was smart enough to not tank the roster to the bottom.

• Like 1