• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Early Record/Team Predictions

sillent

And what the Dwight haters forget is that Charlotte had a better record than the Hawks last year until injuries began to decimate the team in Jan/Feb. During one stretch they went 1-12.  When healthy, they were seeded top 4.  and they got better.  Dwight for Plumlee + Monk for Belinelli is a serious win.

We don't have the talent of the 76ers and they won 28 games last year and yes even the they will be better than the Hawks next season. Plus keep in mind - many of your young players haven't logged significant minutes, nor do we have a consistent shooter of any kind on the roster, and an 82 game season will take it's toll. 

Bud is a good coach so we should win around 25-30 games.

Edited by wolvetigers

On 7/13/2017 at 8:44 AM, KB21 said:

It's not going to be a good season.  Looking at WARP projections from FiveThirtyEight's CARMELO projections, the Hawks top 10 players on the roster are projected to have a combined WARP of 6.4 in 2018.  If you account for 10 wins that a replacement level team is likely to get, then the Hawks top 10 players would add about 6-7 wins on top of that.  So, with this roster, the Hawks are probably looking at around 17-18 wins if everyone plays to their projection.

If someone blows up this year, like let's say Dennis, then you might see the Hawks get to 25 wins.  With Bud's coaching, that could get pushed to 30 wins.  I can't see them winning more than thirty.  If I had to make a prediction, I'd say they win around 23 games.

Maybe FiveThirtyEigth gets this predication as wrong as the election and we shock some folks.

We did pick a year to "tank" when the East is looking really weak.   I think we have around 30 wins and sit in 9th or 10th spot.  However, it would be "True to Atlanta" to win just enough to slip into the eight seed and a fast 1st round bounce and miss the lottery.  

It would be a huge boost to this rebuild to get lucky in the lottery and have a top 3 pick in this draft to go with our other likely late 1st round picks.   If we do get a high pick please let it turn out to be a Horford pick and not a Marvin, the duck, Williams or Shellhead bust like we have had in the past!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I love Sillent.  He picks the Hawks to win about 15-20 more games than they actually do every year.  He is a true fan.  

Prediction for 2017: 38-41 wins and playoff bid

Result: 24 wins

So, this year’s prediction, we kick off a dynasty.  Result could be just getting in the playoffs.  

Not hating on him.  We need unrealistically optimistic fans.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Since these were done pre-draft, probably makes sense to do a current predictions thread.  Will open one momentarily.

This made me nervous until I looked at the date. If I realized what Travis had in mind I might not have been so optimistic about that yr (2017) lol... I was still trusting in Bud too at the time smh... Great regular season coach but....

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, sillent said:

This made me nervous until I looked at the date. If I realized what Travis had in mind I might not have been so optimistic about that yr (2017) lol... I was still trusting in Bud too at the time smh... Great regular season coach but....

I didn't realize that was 2017, lol.  Either way good timing for this season.

• Thanks 1