• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Early Record/Team Predictions

sillent

I see us winning 38-41 games and making the playoffs. WHY??? Look at the East.

Not necessarily in the exact order but this is the top of the pecking list for the East

1). Cavaliers

2). Celtics

3). Raptors

4). Bucks

5). Wizards

Out of these five only 2 Celtics, Bucks(Internal growth) really seem to be moving in an upward trend.

Hornets, Heat and 76ers may be in contention for the last 3 spots with the Hawks and Nets being more of the surprise team. The 76ers although talented may still need time to learn how to win because 2 of their top 3 players will be rookies. Hornets are iffy and Heat may decline now that most of their players have big contracts. Our Hawks although young have playoff experience with 2 of our young players in Dennis and Prince. Not only do they have experience but at times were big contributors. Collins seems well beyond his years and maybe in the talks for ROY. Bembry as well as other players will be key to our success.

Pistons haven't improved much if any

Knicks were bad with(once great vets) and Carmelo soon to depart. Their stars will pretty much be THJ and Portizingus

Pacers will/should definitely struggle

Bulls have nobody but an aging Dwade with any experience and look deprived in a lot of areas

Overall the East is seriously weak and we may be in the playoff mix by default and could still land some good players in the up and coming draft to bolster our roster. 

If we're bad there are so many other teams in the East that are worst and for that reason we could fall into the playoffs. Like it or not keeping a winning culture is not a bad thing for our team and will only propel us and give us more confidence in the future.

Magic are still trying to find their ground

• Like 1

32-50 at best. 

I don't see enough offensive firepower to win enough games to make the playoffs, even in the East. And with a dearth of knockdown shooters on this team along with a bunch of young players having to find their way, this will be a long season in terms of getting wins...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 1

It's not going to be a good season.  Looking at WARP projections from FiveThirtyEight's CARMELO projections, the Hawks top 10 players on the roster are projected to have a combined WARP of 6.4 in 2018.  If you account for 10 wins that a replacement level team is likely to get, then the Hawks top 10 players would add about 6-7 wins on top of that.  So, with this roster, the Hawks are probably looking at around 17-18 wins if everyone plays to their projection.

If someone blows up this year, like let's say Dennis, then you might see the Hawks get to 25 wins.  With Bud's coaching, that could get pushed to 30 wins.  I can't see them winning more than thirty.  If I had to make a prediction, I'd say they win around 23 games.

30 to 35 wins. I think we will end up with a similar record as Orlando last season ( 29 wins ). And to be honest, it will be a dead heat finish for last in the Southeast between us and them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

30 to 35 wins. I think we will end up with a similar record as Orlando last season ( 29 wins ). And to be honest, it will be a dead heat finish for last in the Southeast between us and them.

Right now, Payton and Gordon combined have more projected WARP for 2018 than the Hawks top 10 players combined.

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Right now, Payton and Gordon combined have more projected WARP for 2018 than the Hawks top 10 players combined.

And that means what in terms of your prediction?

I see you think 23, with a upside of 30. I am saying 30 to 35. I guess we will just have to see if your WARP Stat means anything or not.

But to be honest, your high side is my low side so I do not see a huge difference. Just a bigger cushion on your part, which is confusing since your WARP is so accurate.  :biggrin:

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

And that means what in terms of your prediction?

I see you think 23, with a upside of 30. I am saying 30 to 35. I guess we will just have to see if your WARP Stat means anything or not.

But to be honest, your high side is my low side so I do not see a huge difference. Just a bigger cushion on your part, which is confusing since your WARP is so accurate.  :)

I can see 30 because I think Bud is that great of a coach.  WARP doesn't take into account team defense, and Bud's teams will always play good team defense.  So, I can see where the team could squeeze out another 5-7 wins just based on team defense. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I can see 30 because I think Bud is that great of a coach.  WARP doesn't take into account team defense, and Bud's teams will always play good team defense.  So, I can see where the team could squeeze out another 5-7 wins just based on team defense. 

So you are thinking Orlando is much better than 30 because of their WARP and that is where I am wrong. I think Orlando is a dysfunctional mess with no leadership so we will just have to wait and see on that one too.

Edited by Buzzard

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

So you are thinking Orlando is much better than 30 because of their WARP and that is where I am wrong. I think Orlando is a dysfunctional mess with no leadership so we will just have to wait and see on that one too.

I haven't looked at Orlando's roster outside of their top 2 guys.  A lot will depend upon how much negative player they get from some of their guys like former lottery pick Mario Hezonja, who I think is projected to be pretty bad.

I will wait until the official predictions thread.  Just know I won it two years ago and got second last season by a game or two I believe.

• Like 1

If nothing else hope we make a lot of teams really sweat to beat us. Our hustle could wear folks down in some games and yet we'll still get a very nice draft pick next year along with surely two other firsts. 

18 hours ago, sillent said:

I see us winning 38-41 games and making the playoffs. WHY??? Look at the East.

Not necessarily in the exact order but this is the top of the pecking list for the East

1). Cavaliers

2). Celtics

3). Raptors

4). Bucks

5). Wizards

Out of these five only 2 Celtics, Bucks(Internal growth) really seem to be moving in an upward trend.

Hornets, Heat and 76ers may be in contention for the last 3 spots with the Hawks and Nets being more of the surprise team. The 76ers although talented may still need time to learn how to win because 2 of their top 3 players will be rookies. Hornets are iffy and Heat may decline now that most of their players have big contracts. Our Hawks although young have playoff experience with 2 of our young players in Dennis and Prince. Not only do they have experience but at times were big contributors. Collins seems well beyond his years and maybe in the talks for ROY. Bembry as well as other players will be key to our success.

Pistons haven't improved much if any

Knicks were bad with(once great vets) and Carmelo soon to depart. Their stars will pretty much be THJ and Portizingus

Pacers will/should definitely struggle

Bulls have nobody but an aging Dwade with any experience and look deprived in a lot of areas

Overall the East is seriously weak and we may be in the playoff mix by default and could still land some good players in the up and coming draft to bolster our roster. 

If we're bad there are so many other teams in the East that are worst and for that reason we could fall into the playoffs. Like it or not keeping a winning culture is not a bad thing for our team and will only propel us and give us more confidence in the future.

Magic are still trying to find their ground

Hornets will be a top 4 team in the east