Preseason Game 2: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

And Crowder at the 4, right?  I guarantee Collins makes an And-1 poster out of him before the year’s out.

That new GM’s tenure started off wrong trying to bully the media into keeping quiet on his acquisition of a 31 year old mini-guard with a degenerative hip.  It’s not gonna get much better seeing as he isn’t aware how bad of an effect Wade and Love will have on their defensive bottom line.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

A little off topic but I feel like the Cavs wouldn't make it past the 2nd round in the playoffs if they were in the Western bracket.

Deffinitly going to be either the Celtics or the Cavs in the finals from the East and I'll begrudgingly give the edge to the Celtics this year.  I dont think either stand a chance to win it though.

Anyway, anyone know if this game is televised?

18 hours ago, benhillboy said:

That new GM’s tenure started off wrong trying to bully the media into keeping quiet on his acquisition of a 31 year old mini-guard with a degenerative hip.

He may have to replace IT with that 2018 Nets first rounder as well as a journeyman. Will be interesting to see if IT is on the floor at the end of the season and how effective he is but as always LeBron takes a lot of the ball handling very personally so point guards do get a break there whether they want that or not.  

On 10/2/2017 at 7:04 PM, benhillboy said:

And Crowder at the 4, right?  I guarantee Collins makes an And-1 poster out of him before the year’s out.

That new GM’s tenure started off wrong trying to bully the media into keeping quiet on his acquisition of a 31 year old mini-guard with a degenerative hip.  It’s not gonna get much better seeing as he isn’t aware how bad of an effect Wade and Love will have on their defensive bottom line.

He's not 31, he's 28.

13 hours ago, AHF said:

I think Crowder will be a very nice add for Cleveland.  They badly needed another good wing defender.

So he'll end up guarding Iggy when they play the warriors. Curry and IT can not guard each other. Wade can guard Klay, Bron guards KD, Crowder guards Iguadola, and Love guards Draymond. That's pretty nice for Cleveland in the only matchup they care about.

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, CP61 said:

So he'll end up guarding Iggy when they play the warriors. Curry and IT can not guard each other. Wade can guard Klay, Bron guards KD, Crowder guards Iguadola, and Love guards Draymond. That's pretty nice for Cleveland in the only matchup they care about.

He would spend time on whoever the most dangerous wing on the floor is.  Durant, Klay, Iggy, whatever.  Should be able to give Lebron some rest and give them a ton more versatility.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AHF said:

He would spend time on whoever the most dangerous wing on the floor is.  Durant, Klay, Iggy, whatever.  Should be able to give Lebron some rest and give them a ton more versatility.

I thought Crowder was slightly overrated as a defender but after looking at his numbers they’re solid.  I still think Lebron still needs to step up and accept the challenge of trying to slow Internet Troll though.  An inefficient 24 points is a success, I can’t see Crowder accomplishing that too often.  I’ll never get over how far Lebron has purposely fallen as a defender from his Miami days.

As for tonight, I’m always looking forward to the John Collins Show with Dennis as the co-host and the Dewayne Dedmon Band.  The rest of the team is like a dead monologue, fluff sketches, and D-list guests.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

A lot of these bigs can probably make the shots during practice and preseason, it just doesn't happen once it matters. Once they miss two (after their first two attempts) they won't have the approval of their coach and teammates.