• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks could be "destination" for Jahlil Okafor

aali34

Thought Philly got the worst of it at first because of giving up a second rounder when they could just drop Okafor but they do save on almost four million with a pretty underachieving  Stauskas. His qualifier next year is five million. When Nik is available and hits threes he is not as big a problem but just the same Redick is Philly's guy at that spot now. Its good to just be a spectator on the sidelines with some of these moves quite often though and this one seems like a good example. 

7 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

If push came to shove who would you target in FA Okafor or Noels??

Okafor....I think he’s going to be a good low post scorer for years to come and avg brook Lopez numbers 20 points 7 rebs.

I think the Nets got a steal and they are headed in a much better direction now. This makes two high 1st round picks, D'Angelo Russell and now Okafor, they have gotten in the past year.

They are getting younger and doing their best to make up ground on all those draft picks they traded away years ago.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I think the Nets got a steal and they are headed in a much better direction now. This makes two high 1st round picks, D'Angelo Russell and now Okafor, they have gotten in the past year.

They are getting younger and doing their best to make up ground on all those draft picks they traded away years ago.

How will they keep Okafor?  If he shows real potential, another team will outbid them for him.

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

How will they keep Okafor?  If he shows real potential, another team will outbid them for him.

Or not. Okafor is very much unproven. Just as much as Noel. Both could be bargains if they just end up being good NBA starters. If they move up past that, they could be real bargains.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Or not. Okafor is very much unproven. Just as much as Noel. Both could be bargains if they just end up being good NBA starters. If they move up past that, they could be real bargains.

The path to value with Okafor is him sucking this year, getting resigned to a multi-year team friendly contract and then breaking out.  If he is good this year, they will lose him to another team.

I can't see many scenarios where Noel is a real bargain given his salary demands and play to date.

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

The path to value with Okafor is him sucking this year, getting resigned to a multi-year team friendly contract and then breaking out.  If he is good this year, they will lose him to another team.

I can't see many scenarios where Noel is a real bargain given his salary demands and play to date.

Okafor's 17 and 7, his rookie year, is what I can see him doing best case on a bad Nets team with limited options. As far as Noel goes, wanting is not the same as getting. Last years free agent frenzy was not big on signing players to bad contracts, like the year before with Bazemore, Mozgov, and a few others. Carroll the season before that.

I don't think anyone is going to get stupid with Okafor or Noel. I would love it if Okafor comes to us but that depends on the price. Him and Collins would make for a young front court duo; but I am not hyped about the defense that might impose.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

but I am not hyped about the defense that might impose.

That is my big red flag with Okafor.  No range, subpar rebounding and no D is a non-starter for me.  He needs to show growth.

• Like 1