• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks could be "destination" for Jahlil Okafor

aali34

Would be interesting to see what Bud and Company could do with his game. They could work wonders with him.  The  Atlanta Hawks Development Club has gotten many a journeyman and bums big contracts. Okafor actually has some talent to work with. I say roll the dice...........its not like we have anything to lose.

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 4

It’s down to us and the bulls....get it done Schlenk!

this is one of those monte Ellis for bogut opportunities Schlenk was trying to talk up. Stating that we’ll make a move if one presents itself for the future.

Okafor is a move we should be making . He’s gotten into shape and I believe he’s ready to prove his doubters wrong 

• Like 2

• Admin

He has a good post game but that doesn't fit todays game that well ...

More importantly ... he is an absolutely lazy defender ... its why a guy with his talent couldn't see the floor even with Embiid and Holmes injured.

I would take a flyer for a couple of seconds but I hope we don't use any first on him

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

More importantly ... he is an absolutely lazy defender ... its why a guy with his talent couldn't see the floor even with Embiid and Holmes injured.

I would take a flyer for a couple of seconds but I hope we don't use any first on him

Let’s give him a chance. He’s in the best shape of his professional career now...plus he don’t cost shit so he’s well worth the risk .

19 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Mostly agree, but I disagree that the post game doesn't fit today's game well. It absolutely can, it just can't be all Okafor brings. If he learns to draw fouls down low it's good, if he learns to defend decently at the rim and/or pass it's golden.

The kid averaged 17 and 7 as a rookie when he got playing time. 

That's numbers Paul Milsap and Horford were averaging as Vets in their prime. 

I don't care about his deficiencies, he is still young enough to develop. He is far from his prime (think THJ) 

If we as a franchise aren't trying to bring in young talented players with his potential then I don't know what we are doing. 

We are currently tanking for the hopes that we can be in a position to land a player with his game via draft. Well, he is available now. And the good news is he has too much to learn in our system that I doubt he makes a big enough impact to ruin our tanking plans. By the start of next season though, he along with Dennis and our top 3 pick will be a great nucleus of talent complimented by the likes of Prince, Bembry, and Collins who look like really good players. 

Make it happen!

• Like 3

I’ve never seen the guy play too tough but I’m aware of his talent.  Y’all know how Bud is, Dedmon was a ready-made system guy and he’s playing our shiny 1st round pick at 5 for some reason.  I’m pretty sure dude ain’t excited about coming to a 2-8 team to ride pine. 

• Premium Member

I'd only trade Plumless or Bazemore for him, maybe a 2nd rounder as a sweetener. The thing is even if he comes here and plays well any team trading for him can only offer him like 6 something million a year. So if he came here and played well he would literally play himself out of Atlanta and all we did was develop a guy for another rival team.

• Like 1